Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Extinction 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 2723 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

on: August 22, 2018, 12:42:32 AM

On Netflix. Low budget, cheap effects Sci-fi movie with Michael Pena and Lizzy Caplan. Don't look up anything about it going in.

It's a mediocre movie with a really interesting twist. Worthwhile waste of 90 minutes in my opinion.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:01 AM

Was wondering about this one, I will give it a try now based on this strongly lukewarm recommendation. 

I watched "How it will End" (I think that's the name) the other day.  Much of it was "meh", and a few head-scratching moments (including the ending), but I have a high tolerance for what I will accept in apocalyptic genre it seems.  Below average, but if you have nothing better to do...

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

I literally cannot take Michael Peņa seriously at this point. He is so genuinely hilarious in everything he is in that trying to be serious just doesn't work for me.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 01:32:55 PM

How odd, I watched this the other day.

And you probably know where this is going, don't you ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 01:33:04 PM

I literally cannot take Michael Peņa seriously at this point. He is so genuinely hilarious in everything he is in that trying to be serious just doesn't work for me.

It probably would have been better if it was just starts at the end and then have michael pena do his antman recap of what happened in the movie.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 01:53:32 PM

How odd, I watched this the other day.

And you probably know where this is going, don't you ?

It's shite? You'd rather drink new Irn Bru?

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:29:01 PM

Hey, I didn't say it was "good" just that it was short and had an interesting twist. I'm working from home this month, I'm running out of shit to watch.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

How It Ends burned me bad enough that I'm doing a hard pass on this one.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 06:12:06 AM

Hey, I didn't say it was "good" just that it was short and had an interesting twist. I'm working from home this month, I'm running out of shit to watch.

Trouble is, even though the twist was somewhat interesting (though done to death imo), the characters, family and setting were boring as all fuck, so you didn't have any connection at all to them.  Sure, that could be explained away once you understand the plot, but again by that point, I just didn't care at all.

If it wasn't for some of the fun deaths I would have switched off before the end.  But I was just waiting for the Ant-Man monologue that never came.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Extinction  
Jump to: