State of the game

(1/8) > >>

Brolan:
My kids are playing Eve on the free to play model and that got me to resubscribe. Can anyone who currently plays comment on the state of the game and what to watch out for?

Viin:
Quote from: Brolan on January 23, 2018, 07:42:23 AM

... and what to watch out for?

Pirates

Fordel:
On a Macro Alliance scale, the game has stagnated utterly due to various factors involving the sovereignty system and the lack of need and/or desire to expand your space empire. With that said there is a enormous potential battle happening like, right now, with the two biggest capital fleets in the game staring each other down over a giant space station.

On a individual casual scale, the game has probably never been better, which doesn't make it GOOD, just not as bad. Quality of life game play is probably at a high point in the games history, with tons of the old bullshit gone and replaced with better bullshit and new game systems and content management for the small/solo casual player. Notably the Alpha/Omega account system allowing long term and viable F2P options. Then you have the various in game events which are much more familiar and accessible to the average MMO player then what EVE usually delivers, giving people a point of direction.

With that all said, it's still fucking EVE, where everyone is trying to ruin your day and the game itself is still spreadsheets online.

Sir T:
Last time I played Eve I just did sneaky exploration and hacking exploration sites, avoiding all contact and assuming EVERYONE outside of greenspace was out to kill me. Best fun I ever had in the game. Saw an enormous amount of Space too.

Father mike:
Where would one go to see a video recap of the huge battle?  I saw a headline proclaiming that over ONE MEEELLLION dollars worth of ship assets were on the line.  So I'm a bit curious to see if anyone actually fought or if it was a gigantic turtle.  If a fight did occur, it would be fun to see how it went down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page