Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2018, 03:04:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Projects 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Projects  (Read 3831 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:01 PM

The water is (and has always been) a nuisance, but this is more for access than serious travel and making that gravel deep enough to abate it would be quite literally a pain.  Having the pavers not flush with the gravel either helps; I notice everyone's tendency is to step on the stones and not the gravel.  I put them in just deep enough to keep them from moving around when stepped on.

It'll piss me off more when I'm dragging the hose through and it catches.

The tractor was purchased the winter we moved in.  At first I thought, "eh, snowplow can wait, I want a new pickup."  Then it snowed about 16" one night.  Goodbye $25k for a tractor.  That's a 7' mower on the back at the moment.  I really, really want to get the backhoe attachment so I can indulge my inner little boy and dig lots of holes  awesome, for real
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 14, 2018, 04:03:16 PM

I wish I had enough property for a tractor! Nice work, my wife does all the landscaping/gardening around our house and it's finally starting to fill in.

- Viin
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: May 14, 2018, 09:16:24 PM

just a suggestion, but wouldn't it work better to bend the curve a little deeper or shallower so the utility box was at the edge of the path instead of the middle? you could even hide it under a rock then

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 14, 2018, 10:39:28 PM

Going a bit further to the right between the water/electrical boxes would have been a good idea.  I think my brain was in a bit of a rutóIíve just always treated the box as a stepping stone.

Rather than moving the whole path though I think iíl just push that side out further and leave the rest where it is.

Edit:  Y'know what, maybe I just widen the whole thing around there, and put a planter box or something over that spot.  Needs to be something movable in case I need access, but that shouldn't be a problem...just need to think of something.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:55:00 PM by Polysorbate80 »
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: May 15, 2018, 08:30:31 PM

one of your little statuary things maybe?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Projects  
Jump to: