Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 15, 2018, 02:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018 Trippy, Fordel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018  (Read 2296 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #140 on: July 11, 2018, 03:56:23 PM

Wow. what a match.

As soon as a competent and experienced team put on the pressure England fell completely apart.

Eh, they didn't look bad. Could have gone either way.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:59:49 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #141 on: July 11, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

England and Belgium for yet another throw away game.  awesome, for real

I hope it is just Kane and Lukaku just taking shots while the rest of their teams watch on the side.

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #142 on: July 11, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

Wow. what a match.

As soon as a competent and experienced team put on the pressure England fell completely apart.

Eh, they didn't look bad. Could have gone either way.

First half I agree, once Sterling left they were out of ideas though.  They didnít have a single serious attempt at a goal beyond the 65th minute.

You could see it getting to them.

Young team. Experience beat them today. Four years from now itíll probably be a different story
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 11, 2018, 04:19:55 PM

Croatia are impressive though, definite contenders.

Called it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: July 11, 2018, 05:29:23 PM

A blind kid at the local radio station said Croatia too. :)

England definitely took their foot off the gas in the second half.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:33:12 PM by Sir T »

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.Ē - Thomas Moore
WayAbvPar

Reply #145 on: July 11, 2018, 07:40:20 PM

England was exhausted. Their only real chance in the 2nd half/extra time was some long ball up the pitch for Kane, who was ineffective all game long.

France are gonna bum Croatia. Like 3-0.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: July 11, 2018, 08:01:25 PM

I would have liked a France-England final just to see France beat them across the pitch. The anguished tears on the UK channels would have been glorious. As it was they were practically throwing themselves off a cliff on the ITV Channel.  why so serious?

Ah well, we will get to see Belgium murdering them on Saturday.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.Ē - Thomas Moore
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: July 11, 2018, 08:31:45 PM

England was exhausted. Their only real chance in the 2nd half/extra time was some long ball up the pitch for Kane, who was ineffective all game long.

France are gonna bum Croatia. Like 3-0.

France looked good during Euro 2016.  I thought they might go all the way this time.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #148 on: July 11, 2018, 11:13:57 PM

England got way too many of their goals on set pieces, which told you that their attack wasn't doing much in open play. Alli seemed mostly useless and wasteful all tourney, as was Lingard, Sterling was Sterling (meaning he was fast as hell but with horrible shooting or crossing) and I still can't figure out why Kyle Walker was used as a center back in a 3-man defense as opposed to a wingback. I still don't see what the fuss is about Stones either - he has good ball skills but his defensive attention span is practically nil. Trippier looks good from the dead ball and dead from the live one. Ashley Young is not a better choice at LB over Danny Rose. I'm not necessarily saying there were better options, mind you, but England lucked their way into the semis.

As for Belgium and Fellaini, I think he was a better choice than Weitsel, who has looked completely out of his depth all tournament.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #149 on: July 12, 2018, 03:28:15 AM

It's not going to happen but Croatia winning the Worldcup would be awesome.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

http://tinyurl.com/d89qk7g

Reply #150 on: July 12, 2018, 04:50:28 AM

I want Croatia to win just because they beat Russia and players taunted them with pro-Ukrainian slogans afterwards.     awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 12, 2018, 06:49:30 AM

A blind kid at the local radio station said Croatia too. :)

You really should give him a regular slot.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: July 13, 2018, 06:13:54 AM

BTW because only Reddit seemed to have noticed.

England tried to kick-off and score while Croatia were still celebrating the 2:1.

Apart from the cuntiness and lack of sportsmanship it's funny for several reasons

1. It's impossible because the rules of the game don't allow this. (e.g. opposing team needs to be in their own half during kick off)
2. England should know that it won't work because of the Panama game
3. Panama tried the same "strategy" during the England vs. Panama game and got mercilessly mocked by the English press and team because of the stupidity

and finally: England managed to still make the resulting "goal" be offside if it were allowed.
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: July 13, 2018, 06:26:57 AM

Fake alternative facts!!

why so serious?

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: Today at 11:58:22 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: Today at 01:00:49 PM

Two problematic Ref/Var decisions gave France two goals.

Griezmannís Flop led to the free kick. The handball decision gave them the penalty.

Colored perception of the final and made it a more negative spin that it should have been
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #156 on: Today at 01:09:23 PM

I disagree. The Griezman thing was a bit of a flop in that he pretty much invited the contact but I still see a foul there. The handball decision though was absolutely right in my opinion. While the player didn't really know much about it, his hand did move towards the ball (whether by accident or not) and it's something I could easily see the ref having missed in real time. The benefit of the replay is that he got to see it again at full speed from a different angle, and he got it right.

I think it was a great game to watch personally and I didn't really have a cheering interest in either time other than to see good players playing well. Kylian Mbappe is just goddamn amazing.

Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: Today at 01:10:09 PM

Two problematic Ref/Var decisions gave France two goals.

Griezmannís Flop led to the free kick. The handball decision gave them the penalty.

Colored perception of the final and made it a more negative spin that it should have been

That handball was the right call, so not that problematic when that is the reason for VAR.

As for the flop, *shrug* maybe, but it was convincing enough.

edit: Kante getting a yellow was a bit much for me at the beginning.

And I am on a streak of 2 Cups calling the winner.  awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #158 on: Today at 01:11:43 PM

The N'Golo Kante yellow card was extremely ridiculous.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018  
Jump to: