Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2018, 05:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas  (Read 3215 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 07:28:43 PM

As far as I know, it's supposed to be achievement based and account wide.

So, if once character gets the achievement, it counts for all of them, but you have to do the whole achievement on one character.  Like, you can't do half of the Highmountain quests on one character and the other half on another character and have it count for that "did all the Highmountain quests" achievement, but once you DO get the achievement on one of your characters it works for the entire account (even for characters on the other faction).

So, as long as one character has the rep, that should be enough, as far as I know.  

Though in your case, I'm not sure that's a problem, since each race only needs one rep and one quest achievement to unlock as far as I know.  If you have one character who's done the Suramar quests, that would be a requirement for unlocking the Nightborne, but I don't think you need it for any of the other races and I don't think you need any Argus rep to unlock the Nightborne.

edit: What I'm trying to say is that there are two achievements to unlock each race: one to get exalted with a faction, and one to do the quest line associated with their zone.  You theoretically could split that in half, with one character doing the rep grind and one doing the quest grind, if you wanted.  But you can't split it so that one character will do half the quest grind and another character will do the other half of the quest grind, or something.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:37:49 PM by Kail »
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:05 AM

As was mentioned, if you play even semi-regularly you’ll have the rep.  I’m levelling a lightforged disc priest, she’s gone from 20 to 71 just doing the zones around Ironforge, hellfire peninsula/zangarmarsh, and dungeons as they pop.  Being a healer, queues are quick, but there’s a lot of alts being levelled.  I expect that to drop off hard eventually.

Dungeons are a mixed bag.  In part that’s because of people who try to tank like they’re end-game geared, pulling multiple packs and/or not using cooldowns.  At times though it feels like there’s some internal issue—two groups that should perform roughly the same in the same dungeon, and one will struggle considerably more with taking/dealing damage for no real discernable reason.

Or maybe it’s just typical shitty WoW stuff  awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:01 AM

I enjoyed Legion simply because I had a dedicated group of 5 to play with.  The WoW culture is so toxic and judgemental that running Mythic + with a pug is a nightmare.  I find that I leave Wow when my friends leave WoW. 

If any of you guys wanted to form a regular 5 man to level or do content, just let me know.  I've played most roles except tank and would enjoy the upcoming content with a regular group of chill, non-judgemental adults.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 27, 2018, 02:40:42 PM

My gear is shit, and I'm not 110, but I'm on late PST if anyone's around. Walrusinc#1969

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 05:12:30 AM

At least we can finally get a f13 Community going in the next expansion. You know, so the five or six of us that play can group or something.  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 12:17:44 PM

A question about allied races.  Can you unlock them with the requirements spread out amongst your different characters or does it have to all be done on one?  Reason I'm asking is that my hunter has the Broken Isle rep stuff done (including the Suramar story) but my paladin is closer to exalted with the Argus factions.  I really, really do not want to either have to grind out Argus rep with my hunter or go through the BI rep grind with my paladin again, esp. the Suramar quest line because fuck ever doing that again.

Many of the achievements are account wide.

This Legion Attunement tool is very useful.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas  
Jump to: