Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:44:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas  (Read 80703 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: November 04, 2017, 04:38:34 AM

Eight expansions later, we're out of big bads to fight. The legion's dead, it's army that made every expansion's big bad happen is gone, so now we're just going back to Orcs and Humans and doing fan-service like nobody else can do.

- Artifact weapons are gone. Everyone's getting an artifact necklace to cap their power throughout the expansion.

- No new classes, but six new alt-races for people to play with, each with their own racial passives and active.

- They're gonna try reviving 3-man scenarios from MoP, but they think it'll work this time because they've figured out how to add RNG to each scenario's generation/goal/monster/everything.

- New social stuffs. Voice-chat integration with all the things, cross-server communities that can be character-specific and you can be in multiple social groups.

- Next 7.3.5 patch will roll out zone scaling from Legion to all of the zones, within reason. Examples cited were BC and Wrath content scaling from 60-80, Westfall would be like 10-40, etc.

Everything else is the same as before, just newer/more of.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:43:41 AM

Oh, and another stat-squish, because I for one am tired of talking about item levels in the thousands.  swamp poop

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:39:31 AM

If only Legion hadn't become such an alt-unfriendly game, THEN I might give a shit about WoW.

I miss my chars but no way am I paying for a crappy ex-pac again

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:57:21 AM

Yep. The alt unfriendly nature was what killed it for me too.  I enjoyed the game otherwise but once I hit cap with one it felt like I was fucking myself by not farming more Ap and focusing there.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 06:24:11 AM

The single best feature of the next expac is basically removing world pvp by making it opt-in even on pvp servers. Fuck that noise and the instagib gank squads with flying mounts rode in on.

(I used to play on a shithole of a pvp server with like a 7:3 faction ratio if it wasn't obvious  awesome, for real)

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:20 PM

I just resubbed about a month ago, so I'm not exactly up to speed yet, but there's a lot of meh here.

- Artifact weapons are gone. Everyone's getting an artifact necklace to cap their power throughout the expansion.

This is damn stupid.  You're telling me I'm going to drop Frostmourne to pick up some random green I found off a boar in the first zone?  Come on.  See, this is why this artifact weapon stuff was a stupid idea.  I notice that they don't mention anything about the class halls, either, meaning all this stuff is going to be a massive waste of time, like the garrison in Draenor.  Did they not think there was going to be another expansion, or what?  Just nobody gives a shit that they're flushing millions of dollars worth of work down the toilet every time they do this?  What are they going to do for the next expansion, "your new necklace ran out of batteries, now you get a legendary... um.... pair of boots?  Yes, legendary boots!"

- No new classes, but six new alt-races for people to play with, each with their own racial passives and active.

Probably the best feature for me.  The new trolls might be cool, and I like the way the nightborne look, though right now the entire game is full to the eyeballs with elves.  No idea what void elves are supposed to be, or lightforged dranei.  Though the leveling experience right now is a complete goddamn mess so bringing up an alt is going to be a chore.

- Next 7.3.5 patch will roll out zone scaling from Legion to all of the zones, within reason. Examples cited were BC and Wrath content scaling from 60-80, Westfall would be like 10-40, etc.

Goddamn it.  I HATE level scaling.  What is the goddamn point of getting stronger if everything else gets stronger at the exact same rate as you do?  And all the new zones are linear as hell, so unless there's some special "skip the Jade Forest" quest line it doesn't really matter.

Oh, and another stat-squish, because I for one am tired of talking about item levels in the thousands.  swamp poop

Uhm, I hope it turns out better than the last one.  The leveling experience right now is a joke.  That one dev quoted in the Legion thread talking about how being able to kill mobs in one or two global cooldowns breaks the game almost made me drop my monocle, because that's basically how 91% of the game plays right now.  My druid in Pandaria can three-shot one enemy to build his combo gauge, and then one-shot the next.  My L50 Monk can do one of his "spam attack to build points" attacks I forget the name of and then one roundhouse kick thing and that will take them to dead, or within one autoattack of dead.  My hunter wipes out every mob in a forward arc with one cast of barrage whenever it's off cooldown.

And then you get to level 100 and suddenly everything scales with you and you can't kill anything fast anymore.  GREAT.

The PvP focus for this one has me a bit worried.  They tried to do that in some places in the previous expansions (especially Pandaria) and it's by far the worst written content I've seen in this game.

Any word yet on if we'll have to finish ten thousand raids to unlock flying for this one?  I still don't have any of the achievements, and unlocking it is a damn boring slog on the old content.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:46:54 PM by Kail »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 03:55:58 AM

Shaking fist

Artifact weapons weren't sustainable. Power levels were getting out of control, buffs to abilities unlocked by AP were silly when you can just get everything, and relics sucked. Aside from that, they do this with every expansion; find a new carrot-on-a-stick to keep you going. It may very well be boots next time.

Level scaling will allow you skip the Jade Forest. You could potentially go anywhere in MoP for that level range, or maybe stay in Cata zones, move to WoD zones...details are still being ironed out.

They have said in Q&A at BlizzCon that they learned a lot from the first stat squish and they want to do a better job this time of making things scale better. Addressing things like only seeing a +2 Intellect change when going from BC gear to Wrath gear, etc.

Some more details:

- PvP servers are gone. This will allow them to cluster/cross-zone merge all the servers. Opt-in to PvP will now be the only way, and you can now only toggle your PvP flag on or off in main cities. Doing PvE content while flagged for PvP will grant you bonuses to XP, rewards, and other fluff to entice you to participate. They talked about how this will "set the foundation for a new open PvP era" or some shit.

- Void Elfs will work like Worgen. They go "full-void" when in combat, and appear more elfish when out.

- They're going to use sharding tech to devastate Teldrassil and Lorderon. New characters will still start in these areas and not see any change, but 110+ characters will see the changes; Teldrassil will be gone, and the Undercity will belong to the Alliance.

- Flying in BFA will work the same as Legion. No changes here; go do all of the content at least once before they let you defeat the point of all those hours devs spent designing shit.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:02:34 AM by luckton »

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 04:01:56 AM

As excited as I am about the classic servers, nothing I see here sounds even remotely like a step in the right direction.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:21 AM

I don't know how people aren't bored of horde vs alliance round 53, but this time we mean it. Those scenarios and warfronts also look kinda sketchy. Getting rid of PvP servers will be a godsend to my alts stuck in PvP server hell.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 06:13:59 AM

- They're going to use sharding tech to devastate Teldrassil and Lorderon. New characters will still start in these areas and not see any change, but 110+ characters will see the changes; Teldrassil will be gone, and the Undercity will belong to the Alliance.

Wut?

I've missed quite a lot. Too bad they're shit about actually putting lore IN GAME anymore so there'd be no reason for me to return to learn it.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

The described event is what's kicking off BFA. Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil, so the Alliance moves to take back Lordaeron. It's what's happening in the BFA cinematic intro they put out Friday at Blizzcon.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 01:50:44 PM

Yes, but why did she do that? And fuck their horde-love. Another reason I'm done is I already know how this plays out in the end. Horde isn't wiped-out or aren't the villains they have acted like.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 04:47:03 PM

Artifact weapons weren't sustainable. Power levels were getting out of control, buffs to abilities unlocked by AP were silly when you can just get everything, and relics sucked. Aside from that, they do this with every expansion; find a new carrot-on-a-stick to keep you going. It may very well be boots next time.

They could have been made sustainable easily, especially if there's another stat crunch coming.  Just cap artifact levels, give players an item that brings their weapon to max, and then when the expansion hits take that max value as the baseline for a new artifact weapon system (one which hopefully doesn't involve rubbing a million easter island heads on it to get a 2% damage increase).  And for me it's less about the idea that they're keeping us on the treadmill (I am not hugely concerned about losing all my artifact levels or anything with an expansion) and more about the lore aspect.  The last two expansions have been heavy on the "you're the big head badass now and everyone looks up to you, you cool guy you" vibe and it feels really stupid to just dump all of that every expansion.  And dump it in the stupidest way possible, too, just by adding a "does not work outside of Draenor / Broken Isles" tag on everything.  No explanation as to what happened to your garrison or the dozens of people you were theoretically responsible for, no justification behind selling Ashbringer to the drinks vendor at the starting town beyond "it's got kind of lame numbers now compared to this new stuff".  Just forget about it, not important.  It's just lore shit, who cares about that, right?

Level scaling will allow you skip the Jade Forest. You could potentially go anywhere in MoP for that level range, or maybe stay in Cata zones, move to WoD zones...details are still being ironed out.

Unless they rework the quests, though, it's all still linear.  I tried to skip Jade Forest on one of my latest characters, level scaling wasn't the issue since you can instagib anything that's non elite anyways so I thought "why not."  Spent the better part of an entire afternoon trying to see that one zone in the middle of the map.   Ended up getting one shotted by invisible PvP flagged level 110 guards three times (I think maybe they were part of some other phase I wasn't seeing, but they could still see me for some reason), wandering up and down the entire length of that stupid wall that bisects the ENTIRE CONTINENT (no, you can't fly until level 90, of course) falling off of cliffs about four times trying to find a way across the mountains, almost dying of exhaustion once, and spending most of the rest of the day listening to monsters chewing on my ass as I rode past.  And when I finally DID get there, I had no idea where to start or what to do. 

It's not just that the monsters are higher level in the later zones, it's that the entire expansion is designed with the idea that you'll start at one end of a path and move along it.  Legion handles it well, since it was designed to, with each zone being it's own contained thing, but I'm not sure how well they can just backfill it in to the old expansions where that wasn't the case, unless they're willing to put some work in to fixing their obsolete content which they have not not seem inclined to do so far.

They have said in Q&A at BlizzCon that they learned a lot from the first stat squish and they want to do a better job this time of making things scale better. Addressing things like only seeing a +2 Intellect change when going from BC gear to Wrath gear, etc.

Small increments I have no problem with, it's the steps back that made me scratch my head.  My Druid has a level 175 staff from Northrend that deals about 47 DPS, and he just finished a Cataclysm quest to give him a level 272 staff that deals 22 DPS.  But, maybe they'll do better this time.  Here's hoping.

- Void Elfs will work like Worgen. They go "full-void" when in combat, and appear more elfish when out.

Hmm, that's actually pretty cool.  I like those kinds of racial quirks.
Teugeus
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 03:19:01 AM

I don't care for the order halls, was just another way for them to get you to login rather than meaningful content and I'm glad they're making the new artefact necklace cross specs so you don't have to level it for each speech which really annoyed me about Legion.

The problem is that once they started with the first expansion that gave us an extra 10 levels, they had to stick with that system each expansion otherwise people would say they were releasing less content (they already got some flak for only doing 5 levels in Cata and MOP even though it was all relative, you still do the same number of quests, if not more). This is the main cause for this huge power scaling issue which has led to 2 stat squishes. Artifact weapons have just amplified the issue by a factor of 10.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 07:08:24 AM

I resubbed for a month. I am not sure what is going on in the Argus despite the intro to it quest thing to open it up. I'm just playing to open up Broken Isles flying.

There are too many currencies and factions.

Today's patch will introduce level scaling. I'm so confused about that. I liked it in Legion but what does this do for transmogs, getting low level crafting mats, etc?

Warlocks seem to dominate bgs.

Speaking of pvp, I am so glad that pvp servers are going away.

Toys like the flaming piccolo or the train no longer affect people not in your group/raid.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 07:28:45 AM

By the end of your second week the currency/faction stuff sorts out. Argus is somewhat like a mini-expansion, where the mats, factions and ilvl of everything renewed. Most of the prior content is only slightly relevant now, though World Quests are still good.

I've been playing again for the past month or two - having a lot of fun with Raid Finder, which allows me to experience the content without spending four evenings a week trying to see it. I can see all the weekly raids in about 3 hours time if it all goes well.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 03:54:24 PM

My priest is already exalted with all the factions, but I was doing pathfinder 2 on my hunter (who is only revered but more fun to kill things with).

I also have a druid and a warlock to play, once I get flying, to focus on, since BM hunter, while fun, seems a little underwhelming. What is the most bang/buck in terms of getting equipment these days - not raid level, but LookingForRaid level. (Heroics are so trivial now - maybe those for gear?). I'm not sure what's been raised in terms of ilvl.

I wonder what happens to those raids and stuff with level scaling. Am I back to square 1 for any faction I don't have? Do I have to slog through equivalent level mobs now to get rep? (Like that burning zone in cataclysm with the giant tree.)

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 04:51:41 PM

My priest is already exalted with all the factions, but I was doing pathfinder 2 on my hunter (who is only revered but more fun to kill things with).

I also have a druid and a warlock to play, once I get flying, to focus on, since BM hunter, while fun, seems a little underwhelming. What is the most bang/buck in terms of getting equipment these days - not raid level, but LookingForRaid level. (Heroics are so trivial now - maybe those for gear?). I'm not sure what's been raised in terms of ilvl.

I wonder what happens to those raids and stuff with level scaling. Am I back to square 1 for any faction I don't have? Do I have to slog through equivalent level mobs now to get rep? (Like that burning zone in cataclysm with the giant tree.)

Dungeons and older raids will still have a max level that you can overlevel on. This includes the zones. Vanilla stuff caps out at 60, so if you're 110, you're still going to hit stuff just as hard as you were before.

Since dungeons now scale, this means you can LFG for every vanilla dungeon simultaneously from 15-60, every BC and Wrath dungeon from 60-80, and so on. Even DPS shouldn't have to wait forever now.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 03:45:32 PM

I have kind of mixed feelings about how all this is shaking out right now.

I really hate the idea of level scaling in general, and it slows down leveling a LOT now, so that's bad.

But I can't argue that the old system felt flat out broken, with players being able to one or two shot most enemies, and at least now it feels more like the combat is, I think, supposed to feel.  And it's nice being able to choose where you level now, Cataclysm and Pandaria were kind of screwed before since you could blow through the entire 5 levels of the expansion in one zone.  So that's good.

Dungeons and older raids will still have a max level that you can overlevel on. This includes the zones. Vanilla stuff caps out at 60, so if you're 110, you're still going to hit stuff just as hard as you were before.

That's good... I hear the new races for the expansion are all going to require that one of your existing characters has exalted rep with their faction, which suggests to me running a lot of 5-mans for old stuff like Zandalari troll rep, so if we can still solo it that's a relief.

Once I hit 110, I just do the Argus quests and farm veiled argunite and get that 910+ stuff from the vendor on the Vindicaar.  It's fairly easy to get to level 900 with that plus the occasional world quest for the 870 gear to cover the gaps.  You only need, I think, 890 to queue for the final raid in LFR.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 09:38:14 AM

My paladin, who has never done a raid except for LFR, is ilvl 930.  It was a little time consuming but not very hard to do.  We will shortly be able to buy legendary gear with a new currency that shouldn't be too hard to obtain.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 06:12:40 PM

Pre-orders are now available with the lvl 110 character boost and allied race unlocks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:14:39 PM by Ginaz »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 01:31:09 AM

Well, most of the races. I wanted to be a Dark Iron :(

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 04:20:01 AM

Also, female Void Elfs need to have their crit screams/grunts nerfed. Annoying AF.  swamp poop

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 05, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

Pre-orders are now available with the lvl 110 character boost and allied race unlocks.

Full disclosure, I've been done with WoW since Wrath, but I think I've bought most of the expansions (after the rush) and bopped my way through them in a very casual way... mostly just sightseeing a new class or the new mechanics ... but not invested in any particular way.

So, as I look to see what's new in the next expansion, I confess that I'm completely put-out by this:

"New Playable Allied Races: With pre-purchase, you can start to gain favor with the Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, and Nightborne to unlock playable characters."

I can't think of a less appealing thing to make me think about coming back... my experience with grinding Reputation, er, favor, in WoW over the past, what, 15-years? is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever done.

Possibly they are putting some sort of cool wrapper around the whole "gaining favor" thing, like the Class outposts from the last(?) expansion - which I'll confess to liking - but if that's the case, don't make me think I'm going to grind favor to come back to try a new race.  But then, if the biggest draw are new Races for Alts, and people come back for Alts... why can't I just start an Alt?  As of now, I wouldn't go near this.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 05, 2018, 08:54:54 AM

Ok... maybe I just don't understand what they are saying anymore...

With pre-purchase, you can experience Azeroth as one of Battle for Azeroth’s new playable Allied Races. Earn the respect of the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne for the Horde, and Lightforged Draenei and Void elves for the Alliance, and you’ll unlock the ability to create characters of that race.

Each Allied Race has its own unique set of requirements to fulfill before you can unlock them, such as completing quests or earning reputation. Once you fulfill these requirements, you can embark on a quest to recruit the race to your faction. If you level up an Allied Race character all the way from their starting level 20 to 110 without boosting, faction/race-changing, or having levels granted to you through the Recruit-A-Friend program, you’ll earn that race’s distinctive Heritage Armor set—cosmetic gear that you can use on any character of that Allied Race you play in the future

Maybe someone here can translate.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 05, 2018, 09:29:57 AM

It's how Blizzard is handling the content drought between now and September; offering a rep grind for new races and fluff before everyone can just have them at expansion launch.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 05, 2018, 12:48:59 PM

That seems odd even by Blizzard standards... if the expansion is 6-months away, are the races already "in game" such that a "small" (tm) grind gets you the unlock in, say, 2-weeks... or is it a 5-month and 29-day grind to get what returning scrubs get on day one?  Presumably somewhere in between?
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 05, 2018, 01:38:18 PM

I think it'd be better if they weren't gated by rep. Hopefully they'll at least nix that requirement once BfA launches. I've personally been exalted for ages but anyone who hasn't been dutifully logging on is going to have to wait. That said, as far as grinds go, I would consider it pretty light in terms of time invested actively playing. The hardest is Argussian Reach and even that one you can just take it easy and do WQs once a day/do Class Hall missions for rep tokens/do the weekly fuel/invasion quest and be exalted in a couple weeks.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 05, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

That seems odd even by Blizzard standards... if the expansion is 6-months away, are the races already "in game" such that a "small" (tm) grind gets you the unlock in, say, 2-weeks... or is it a 5-month and 29-day grind to get what returning scrubs get on day one?  Presumably somewhere in between?

If you've been playing even casually since legion released chances are high that you would already have everything already unlocked or close to it.  The only way it would be a grind is if you just started playing now and if that's the case you might be better served waiting until the new expac releases to come back.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 12:24:10 AM

Yeah, the reputations are the same ones we've been grinding all expansion so if you're currently playing you probably have them.  If you're not currently playing, you're going to need to level to 110 first, and that's going to be a bigger time sink than the rep grind, probably.

I suspect the idea is that the current allied races are for the current players, and the unreleased ones (the trolls and dwarves) will be available for everyone (I mean, hopefully, since the new races are kind of the only interesting thing I've heard about this expansion).  They've also hinted that there will be more races on the way.  Though it sounds like they really want people to level these characters through the old content, since you don't get the heirloom armor if you use a paid level boost... which means you've got a pretty rough slog ahead of you if you're planning on going that route, on top of the grind to unlock them in the first place.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 06, 2018, 05:35:04 AM

I just rolled a fresh Shaman from 1-60 and used my pre-order 110 boost on him.

The 1-60 track is just as easy as before, if not easier. Just follow the questing trail. You don't have to change zones anymore to ensure you're getting the most amount of XP. I was 50 and still trudging through Western Plaguelands getting decent XP.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 02:59:00 PM

One of the nicest parts of the level scaling is you can pick an expansion when you get to that level and do more of it. So once you hit 60 you can choose burning crusade or lich king and do that till 80. Once you are 80 you can chose to do cata or pandaria. Gives some better replay of alts too as you can more easily pick a totally different path for leveling. Once you hit WOD you can blow through that really fast as the garrison xp potions still exist so 90-100 is probably one of the faster leveling parts in the game currently.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 09:47:42 PM

I dunno, I'm running in to a lot of weird difficulty spikes that weren't there (or weren't as noticeable) a month ago.  Does the scaling change depending on your class?  Because I'm hitting encounters on my Monk that I seriously don't think I can win in my DPS spec, so I have no idea how classes that don't have a tank spec are even supposed to beat some of these quests.  In WoD it seems like every other quest has some kind of miniboss or named monster and it's kind of a crapshoot as to "can I take this without dying in DPS spec".

One other nice thing about the level scaling is that it looks like they got rid of red gathering skills... like how in WoD you could walk in the door with 10 herbalism skill and still pick any flower, you just wouldn't get as much as someone with 600 herbalism.  It looks like they did the same thing for most of the gathering skills across all levels now, which is really nice because it means you don't have to waste all that time running around zones fifty levels below you because you outlevelled your tradeskills and everything in your current zone is too advanced to touch.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:13 AM

I dunno, I'm running in to a lot of weird difficulty spikes that weren't there (or weren't as noticeable) a month ago.  Does the scaling change depending on your class?  Because I'm hitting encounters on my Monk that I seriously don't think I can win in my DPS spec, so I have no idea how classes that don't have a tank spec are even supposed to beat some of these quests.  In WoD it seems like every other quest has some kind of miniboss or named monster and it's kind of a crapshoot as to "can I take this without dying in DPS spec".

One other nice thing about the level scaling is that it looks like they got rid of red gathering skills... like how in WoD you could walk in the door with 10 herbalism skill and still pick any flower, you just wouldn't get as much as someone with 600 herbalism.  It looks like they did the same thing for most of the gathering skills across all levels now, which is really nice because it means you don't have to waste all that time running around zones fifty levels below you because you outlevelled your tradeskills and everything in your current zone is too advanced to touch.

I have leveled a shadow priest to 70 and a dk to 93 in the new scaling overall its pretty good they have made a few tweaks in some areas where stuff was out of wack. There are some oddities like these fucking rams in the howling fjord that have a special that is not scaling correctly and they just cave your skull in when they do that move. But they have been doing a lot of hot fixes tweaking random stuff like that as it blips up. With my void elf I have not yet hit anything really out of wack questing up difficulty wise.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 05:14:44 PM

A question about allied races.  Can you unlock them with the requirements spread out amongst your different characters or does it have to all be done on one?  Reason I'm asking is that my hunter has the Broken Isle rep stuff done (including the Suramar story) but my paladin is closer to exalted with the Argus factions.  I really, really do not want to either have to grind out Argus rep with my hunter or go through the BI rep grind with my paladin again, esp. the Suramar quest line because fuck ever doing that again.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW Expansion 8: Rehash ALL The Ideas  
Jump to: