Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2017 / 2018 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2017 / 2018  (Read 28883 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

on: August 24, 2017, 08:40:29 AM

So, rookie camps are set to go pretty soon, which means we're fairly close to having hockey again.

Also, just got the email that Yahoo is doing fantasy hockey again this year - any takers?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:20:14 PM

Haha yeah I saw that email and started thinking about my draft strategy in my league with friends.

Would be down for a F13 league too.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:27:26 PM

I, too, would play.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 01:24:14 PM

I am thinking I need to sub to Center Ice this year, so playing fantasy hockey would make that even better. In.

Also, it would be nice to watch some competent players instead of the dregs the Canucks are icing these days  Heartbreak

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:03 AM

Vegas is looking pretty good to start the year.  Nice to see Fleury kicking ass.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:16:00 AM

Vegas is looking pretty good to start the year.  Nice to see Fleury kicking ass.

Vegas actually has a not awful team, unlike past expansion teams.  If Fleury can play like he use to then they'll be good in goal.  Their defence is OK, not spectacular but not horrible, either.  The real concern was always on scoring.  There's just not much there.  I'm happy Calgary looks like they may be living up to expectations.  Mike Smith has been good so far and they finally beat the Ducks in Anaheim for the first time since like 2004. ACK!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:54:41 AM

A 36 year old emergency back up goalie had to play 14 mins in a game for Chicago last night.  He made some nice saves while allowing no goals and helping his team to a 6-2 win and some awarded the game's first star.  I love stories like this.  Only in hockey can something like this happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-winnipeg-jets-recap-1.4599999
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 10:43:10 AM

The Sedin Twins have announced they are retiring at the end of the season. Final home game against Arizona just went from a half full building to sellout with nosebleed tickets going for $200+ over night.

For you non-hockey fans: these identical twin brothers played their entire 18 year career in Vancouver.

World Championship Gold
Olympic Gold
An MVP award, two Scoring Titles (one each, back to back years) and an Outstanding Player award between them.
Both scored over 1000 points in their careers, playing almost entirely together on the same line.

The only brother tandem they trail in lifetime scoring in the NHL would be the Gretzkys.

Just thought I'd share.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 01:33:53 PM

And one Stanley Cup lo..ahh I can't be that much of a dick. Good players and a great story.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 07:01:05 AM

Playoffs are here! 

Predictions for conference finals and cup champion?

Forsberg goal for Nashville last night  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pittsburgh and Boston in the East. Nashville and Golden Knights in West (please!)

Boston over Nashville in 7..(yes I'm biased)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 10:41:55 AM

I am on the GK bandwagon until the Canucks unfuck themselves enough to make the playoffs, or until Seattle's team gets going.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 11:47:02 AM

I am on the GK bandwagon until the Canucks unfuck themselves enough to make the playoffs, or until Seattle's team gets going.

I'd like to see a Vegas/Winnipeg Western final.  Sadly, I think the Bruins are going to win the east and make it to the Cup final but at least that means the Leafs will be gone early. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 05:39:35 AM

At this rate this Leafs are going to quit after 3 games.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 05:47:03 AM

I must admit it's pretty funny to watch especially after all the hype (new record for wins!! yeah but SOW...), but they should do better at home.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 01:48:01 PM

Pittsburgh/Vegas cup final is my ideal matchup, however unlikely that is.  My gut is that this is Nashville's year, though.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 02:34:36 PM

Ew no fucking thanks @ Pitt or Boston ever being in another final in my lifetime.

Ideally East Final is Tampa Bay vs Blue Jackets somehow. Since Devils clearly aren't going to put up any fight.

As for the west, once both LA teams are gone whoever is playing entertaining hockey is ok with me. I'll be pulling for the local Sharks but I don't hate any of the other franchises. I guess I don't want the Jets to actually win bc lol Canada. The Wild are a bit boring most years idk about this one bc i barely touch reg season hockey anymore. So I'll take Nashville from the top vs Sharks or Vegas pls.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:30 AM

I feel like I'm going to regret this post.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 01:26:06 PM

Caps - Penguins rematch, woo!  Or not woo, depending on who you're rooting for.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 01:44:44 PM

I feel like I'm going to regret this post.

I hope not.  As much as I despise the Bruins, I hate the Leafs even more.  I hope they play 20 periods of OT in game 7. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 08:02:57 AM

I have a theory that the Bruins are engaged in a decade long troll of Maple Leaf fans. 

'Oh we got this!'

'Oh whoops we lost a game'

'Oh whoops we let this get to game 7'

'Oh whoops we let you have the lead'

'HAHAHAHAH NOPE. SUCK IT LEAFS'

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 08:45:52 AM

Pens and Caps... again... just fucking stop. please.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 01:02:52 PM

And the Canucks get fucked again in the draft lottery, though not nearly as bad as last year.
WayAbvPar

Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 02:38:48 PM

Sure glad they went 6-1-2 down the stretch to fuck their lottery chances.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Seattle's team can't come fast enough. It is a really depressing time to be a Canucks fan. And that is saying something!

Strazos

Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 10:09:16 PM

Bye Bye, Pens.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 07:11:59 AM

Every single one of my coworkers has given me a hard time about it today.

At least I get to trim my beard and fully root for Vegas now.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:14 AM

So the Stanley Cup winner is going to be either Caps, Lightning, Knights or Jets/Preds.

Can't hate it. Trying to pick who I root for.

Knights, I'm sorry, you're out, you are not pulling a Florida Marlins here.

Lightning, you've won a Cup, sorry you're out.

Preds, you let the godamn Penguins win another Cup, plus it's Nashville, sorry you're out.

Jets, Oh Canada? Go Winnipeg.

Caps, Ovi's first cup? DC's first cup? THERE'S AN AUSTRALIAN ON THE TEAM?? Fuck yeah go Caps!

Strazos

Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 05:02:49 PM

Rooting for the Knights, Caps, or Preds at this point.

Fear the Backstab!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 09:19:58 AM

Not the Jets? Mob
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

That's something a Shark would say.

Strazos

Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

Not the Jets? Mob

I'd be fine with it, but for whatever reason they don't really excite me - too far west, perhaps.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 09:32:09 AM

I am happy to see any of the final 4 win, but pulling for Caps and Knights.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 13, 2018, 03:33:24 PM

I am happy to see any of the final 4 win, but pulling for Caps and Knights.

You know if Washington wins, Ovechkin is going to hand deliver the Cup straight to Putin for a nice photo op.  So fuck the Caps.  Of course, if the Jets win I'll have to see Trudeau and his smiling, punchable face with it.  Go Caps!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 04:11:19 AM

Hockey fans are the best. I work with a guy from upstate new york and who never wants a Canadian team to win the cup cause 'Fuck Canada'..Ginaz is Canadian (right?) and would rather the Russians win over another Canadian team.   why so serious? why so serious? why so serious?
)

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 07:13:30 AM

Meanwhile, a DC bartender I know who is from Tampa has been getting real salty on Facebook.  Someone recommended she start pouring White Ovechkins, which are White Russians that you pour directly onto the customer's head because Ovechkin doesn't have a cup.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 07:15:53 AM

I'll go simple and just root for a Jets / Caps final.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2017 / 2018  
Jump to: