Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fortnite 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 21667 times)
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 05, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

Oh, was it 100$? I couldn't recall exactly. The quests for legendary weapons didn't bother me terribly much. My initial legendaries hadn't worn out by the time I finished the quests to get the schematics up to legendary level.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: September 02, 2017, 01:45:10 PM

Major update Survive the Storm dropped earlier this week. Even if you aren't actively playing right now you should still log in to get the "Month One" rewards which will disappear when the special event ends. Rewards are 25 armory (inventory) slots, 10 backpack slots, 1 people llama and 1 weapon llama.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37 on: September 12, 2017, 06:19:29 PM

Now with PvP Battle Royale (public test) mode Facepalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4T0nGU4pg
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:48 PM

PvP?  I do not know why that exists.  I'm not even going to read that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 24, 2017, 04:48:58 AM

They're trying to get into the PUBG arena, which Epic helped the devs for that game create, and why the PUBG devs are now upset with Epic for doing it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-clarifies-objection-to-fortnite-battle-royale-its-not-about-the-idea-itself-its-about-epic-games/

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 03:05:36 PM

Can never take them seriously because the name is so stupid and the game is so ugly.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 03:18:36 PM

Can never take them seriously because the name is so stupid and the game is so ugly.

Which one? Fortnite or PUBG? Or both?  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 04:54:42 PM

Nah, Fortnite is a fine name. PUBG. Also, Epic themselves have never made a bad looking game.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 05:30:00 PM

Tried the free battle royale mode on the PC. TF2 to CSGO as Fortnite to PUBG?  Sort of?  Too small a map, I couldn't stealth out as easy.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:12 AM

Battle Royale is pretty damn fun. Does make me realize I'm old and rusty as fuck at FPS.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 22, 2018, 07:33:33 AM

You know they're onto something when there's a front page story on WSJ.com about the game. Still every PS4 owner I know who plays this desperately wants to play PUBG.

It's harder, more frustrating and somehow the better game.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 29, 2018, 11:39:58 AM

So, no one's playing this? This game is absolutely blowing up.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: March 29, 2018, 11:40:30 AM

teenagers
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 29, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

I'd sort of hit the end of my interest back when it was a PvE base defense game. Now that it seems to have morphed into some sort of PvP battle royale game, I'm even less inclined to pick it back up.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #49 on: March 29, 2018, 07:23:58 PM

Seriously, this game is Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, but bad. WoW graphics and jumping idiots everywhere. The building part disappears in this bullshit. Stop caring about this game.

schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: March 29, 2018, 08:39:15 PM

(PUBG is the worst looking game given its fanbase in like a decade, what are you talking about)

(also, Fortnite is objectively better looking than WoW and PUBG)

(you're crazy)

(i'm not playing either, i'm not 15)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 29, 2018, 09:01:06 PM

Seriously? We are back in 2005 and the debate between cartoonish and realistic graphics?
Anyway, when I said "This game is PUBG but bad" I was not comparing graphics. Just saying that I could not care less about another game with cartoonish graphics when there is A) already a better version of the same game... And B) ... which wasn't made for preschoolers.

schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: March 29, 2018, 10:19:07 PM

They were both made for preschoolers.

There’s nothing realistic about pubg. It’s just ugly.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 29, 2018, 11:34:43 PM

Both those statements are absurd.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 30, 2018, 05:08:52 AM

Falc, you wouldn't know fun if it came up and bit ya in the ass. :P

PUBG is slow. Like painfully slow. The map is too big. The end game is good though. Just takes too long to get there. And I used to play DayZ and can handle downtimes in my PvP games. Fortnite is fast paced, the building adds another dimension, and it's smooth. I find there are enough bad players to make me sorta feel like I'm decent at scooters again. Sniping is super fun. You guys can hate and call it a kids game, and a lot of kids do play it, but I'll be over here having a great time.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #55 on: March 30, 2018, 05:49:58 AM

Hmm, I’ll have to give Fortnite a try when I finally escape the mountains of Japan without being eaten by an Oni or something.  I think I’ve made my opinions of PUBG known, and I really don’t want to shit on anybody enjoying it because I thought I did for awhile (and great for you if it hits all your buttons).  But, IMO, there are just too many flaws in the base gameplay (A lot of what Slayerik mentioned) for me to get any real enjoyment out of it.  I realllllly want to like this genre.  Maybe this one will work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:51:29 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 30, 2018, 06:25:23 AM

I recommend watching a few Twitch streams to help you learn a few loot chest locations and basic tactics. I've really improved my gameplay from just watching them and killing time. My favorite streamers are Dakotaz (streams like 4:00am - 11:00am EST), High Distortion (Plays Solo squads, basically him vrs a ton of teams of 4 - mid-afternoon EST), Ninja (most popular and insanely skilled, regularly has 120k+ viewers). You can get a feel for the bullet drop on snipers and stuff, learn the weapons everyone uses (cause they are the best). Little things like drinking your small shields before the large shield potions (Small shields max out at 50, large can be used at 50).

My biggest problem is building. I find myself wanting to treat it like any other shooter, and it's not. I do way better when I throw up some quick cover for myself, and then fight. But my brain still says SHOOT THE BAD GUY NOW and half the time I forget.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 31, 2018, 11:10:10 AM

Cant argue with the popularity of Fortnite (we could argue it in the you know 'battle royale' thread in this very forumcoughcough), but yeah I dont get the allure. It's cartoonish, the building mechanic is fucking STUPID and just feels like a game for kids.

PUBG is stupidly hard, is semi-realistic and has no silly building mechanic (seriously wtf). Try sniping someone at 400m and accounting for bullet drop. Best played in a squad, with vehicles. Vehicles are fun, or hilariously failures.  Bluehole needs to get better fucking coders though, it can be buggy at times.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 01, 2018, 02:41:18 PM

Bullet drop is a thing in Fortnite as well. Have you played it?

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 01, 2018, 07:21:33 PM

Yeah I have, and I get there is some of that but it's not on the level of pubg. 

Plus there's the whole, 'I'm being shot! quick spin around and build a castle' mechanic which I cant stand. shrug, both games are popular. Fortnite is the big winner but I'm enjoying the fuck out of PUBG and simply can't get into Fortnite. Bluehole just needs to hire some better fucking coders.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 03, 2018, 08:56:57 AM

New PUBG map looks pretty fun. 1/4 size of the normal maps.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 03, 2018, 02:14:03 PM

The mobile version of this is now the #1 app, not just #1 game, for iOS, not it's not even fully released yet.  I would think even more money hats will be worn by Epic's people once the Android version goes live.

https://www.mmorpg.com/fortnite/news/mobile-ios-version-takes-1-app-spot-in-13-countries-around-the-world-1000047775
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 02:19:04 PM by Ginaz »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #62 on: April 13, 2018, 08:54:46 AM

I just came in here because I'm avoiding work.  I build forts in Fortnite and let the 3 randos (who are all in middle school) shoot the husks.  I don't play PvP.  I'm not sure how BR games can be fun and I'm not inclined to try.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #63 on: April 15, 2018, 11:53:59 AM

It's kinda hilarious but also kinda good actually that Epic is probably going to eat PUBG's lunch because they know/appreciate what polish/stability/performance means for a game. The F2P thing is probably a huge factor over PUBG but the fact that Fortnite doesn't run like dogshit where PUBG does I think probably helps people with shitty PCs get into the game.

I imagine this takes the sting right out of their spending millions on Paragon.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 02:03:34 PM

Also working console versions helps a lot.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #65 on: April 15, 2018, 07:38:48 PM

Yeah, also that and literally being the people who own/develop the very engine that powers both games helps.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 05:13:46 AM

Also working console versions helps a lot.

Very cool that I can run with my 15 y/o son on his PS4. IDK, it's a fun game. Still digging it.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 22, 2018, 09:14:36 AM

Do we have a list of usernames anywhere? I'm in as Rendakor on PC; just started playing today.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #68 on: April 22, 2018, 03:51:36 PM

Who in the fuck thought this kind of game was a good idea?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #69 on: April 26, 2018, 12:40:16 PM

lol

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Fortnite  
Jump to: