Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power  (Read 1576 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

Al Gore's Trump era sequel to his climate change movie. There's a trailer. Release date July 28.

It looks a bit weak to me so far. Citing individual weather events doesn't help.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:06:34 AM

Oh God. Does this issue need to be politicized even more?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:19:08 AM

It can't be politicized any less. May as well go whole-hog.

That way you can eat people on 'the wrong side' when everything collapses.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:38:39 AM

I don't know how Al Gore could possibly think that another movie will do the global warming side any good at all. It's just going to make conservatives even more furiously climate change denialist. But this comment probably belongs in Politics so I'll stop now.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 01:20:21 PM

The way I see it, I've been trying to prevent people from setting the world on fire since I understood that we were trying to set the world on fire.

Now it's clear that a bunch of very wealthy people do not actively care if the world catches on fire sometime down the road, so long as it's after they're dead, and they have made all the money.

And they have enough money to cast just enough doubt to cloud any discussion about causes, or block any attempts to curb efforts to cause the world to burn.

So, fuck it.  I'll bring popcorn, since apparently the only thing that matters is numbers in a bank account to some people, and those numbers give them power to overrule everyone else.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:52:56 AM

"Oh Mr Gore, you cant release this. People will say bad things about you!!"

"Well that ship has fucking sailed."

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power  
Jump to: