Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 07:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 5260 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #175 on: October 18, 2017, 02:07:03 PM

Getting really tired of people claiming anthem protests are having a negative effect on NFL ratings... It's low hanging fruit so I understand, but it still pisses me off.

I'm sure it causes some people to not watch, but I think if people were intellectually honest with themselves the time it takes to watch a full NFL game and get bombarded with literally the same ad lineup every 7 minutes for 4 minutes has a much bigger impact on ratings than the protests.

That and I think QB play continues to be an issue.

CPA, Sports blogger, Mount and Blade enthusiast
Braves by the Numbers, my sports blog
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #176 on: October 18, 2017, 02:58:51 PM

Getting really tired of people claiming anthem protests are having a negative effect on NFL ratings... It's low hanging fruit so I understand, but it still pisses me off.

I'm sure it causes some people to not watch, but I think if people were intellectually honest with themselves the time it takes to watch a full NFL game and get bombarded with literally the same ad lineup every 7 minutes for 4 minutes has a much bigger impact on ratings than the protests.

That and I think QB play continues to be an issue.

QB play, shitty refs, the less violent NFL, ads, etc. Anthem protests wouldn't even be an issue if the sports news didn't make it a clutch-your-pearls thing.

Bring back MADDEN in the booth!

"I want to watch it all burn in an orgy of smashed Coke machines and weasel rape." - HaemishM
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: October 18, 2017, 05:58:15 PM

"At the end of the day, the team with the most points wins!" Anyone can be Madden. Get drunk, smash yourself in the face with a 2x4, and yell all your commentary. You'll do fine.

Paelos: Somebody find that post where I declared Seattle dead, because those fuckers are NFL cockroaches in the NFC.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: