Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2017, 07:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi  (Read 4095 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #105 on: April 15, 2017, 09:22:30 AM

TFA was too close to the original but still good, fan service aside (I'm a fan).  But there's no need for this sequel to be an explicit remake-homage to ESB.  I'll be disappointed if it's a beat for beat copy.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:27:59 AM by Soln »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #106 on: April 15, 2017, 09:31:31 AM

If it's "accept what life is telling you, evolve and grow as you must, be what you are meant to be", there's a lot of story-telling goodness as well as ethical wisdom in there. "Be open to life around you, learn from how life grows and suffers and wants": ah yss. That's basically spaghetti Westerns replacing the old white-hat/black-hat Westerns and it's good.

That's my hope, too.

And I think it's the way they're going, because that puts in a path for Rey to bring Kylo back into balance.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: April 15, 2017, 04:41:01 PM

How do you go from 1min trailer to ESB remake I mean, did I miss the super extended version? Did ESB include grey jedis and I missed that part? It's like I'm reading these forums taking crazy pills.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #108 on: April 16, 2017, 03:43:55 AM

Some people love shitting on a thing. Others decide that their childhood trumps others so anything derivative of or not fully validating their childhood is crap. Then some folks are just assholes.

I can't get past the panties - Alluvian
I really like the cocks. - Lantyssa
People rarely believe just how good I am at sucking. - Lantyssa
I love the swinging dongs - Signe
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #109 on: April 16, 2017, 11:12:05 AM

How do you go from 1min trailer to ESB remake I mean, did I miss the super extended version? Did ESB include grey jedis and I missed that part? It's like I'm reading these forums taking crazy pills.

You're correct there's going to be original content, but my concern was that the overall story will be ESB (and I hope I'm wrong).  Luke as "your father ", Hoth opening with AT-ATs but on a desert planet.  We'll see, hope for the best.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 16, 2017, 03:16:41 PM

I'm sure it'll have lightsabers too, fucking unoriginal bastards.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #111 on: April 16, 2017, 03:34:08 PM

To be fair, I thought it was a pretty clear ESB style teaser with the cave, the training, the friends in trouble.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: April 16, 2017, 08:08:11 PM

To be fair, I thought it was a pretty clear ESB style teaser with the cave, the training, the friends in trouble.

The At-Ats are a bit too ESB for my tastes but the rest of it didn't give me ESB vibes at all.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi  
Jump to: