Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gwent 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gwent  (Read 14767 times)
hal1
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:50 PM

ya patch incoming. meta will be scrambled. Don't see big changes but enough small changes. Well patch notes are not published yet but this is cd project red and I expect good things.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

Last month, after two years in beta, Gwent was officially released, and by "released" I of course mean "redesigned from the ground up, preserving nothing about the game except for basic concepts and some assets". The core idea is the same, but... 100% of cards have been rebalanced if not redesigned entirely, the board only has two rows per side, the deckbuilding rules are different, the UI is redone, and none of the archetypes survive unscathed. I had an entire deck built around a mechanic that isn't even in the game anymore (card-swapping elves).

I haven't been following development - I just happened to load up the game a couple days ago and was surprised to find everything different - so I don't know why CDPR decided to scrap everything, but I guess they were trying to widen the design space. The biggest core change, aside from removing a row, is that cards now have abilities that can be used from the board. This is good in theory since the old game suffered from low interactivity, but in practice it feels a little one-dimensional. Most card abilities are some flavor of "damage an enemy for X" or "buff an ally by X" which for the game's math is not that different from the card just having X additional power in the first place.

Because of the changes they auto-milled everyone's cards for full value. Everyone who put any time into the beta should now have enough scraps to build any deck you could dream of several times over. While I haven't yet figured out if the new game is any good, I'm at least having fun with that.

Fair warning: the tutorial is cringe-inducing and unskippable. Also, Sihil is OP.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Gwent  
Jump to: