Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Comcast unto death. Help me cut the cord! (Streaming TV options) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Comcast unto death. Help me cut the cord! (Streaming TV options)  (Read 81585 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: September 03, 2019, 11:56:01 AM

1 bdr appt , nothing huge.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #141 on: September 03, 2019, 12:15:24 PM

This thing is on sale right now on Amazon for $125 if you want all the bells & whistles:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AC3150-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Router/dp/B01N4R01UJ
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: September 05, 2019, 06:00:09 PM

Today I dropped Xfinity and now I'm just subject the the local Comcast internet monopoly of 90 dollar a month internet.  Signed up for YouTube TV, and now I'm still 60 dollars ahead per month.

Anyone have any feedback on how the Amazon prime premium channels are? 

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #143 on: September 05, 2019, 08:40:10 PM

I get my premium channels either straight from the source (HBO Now, Britbox) or through YoutubeTV (I get Starz through there). Works just fine, plus it means all the Starz On Demand content is available for the Youtube search and DVR/library functions, which are top-notch.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #144 on: September 06, 2019, 06:44:16 AM

Found out this morning that Uverse no longer carries NFL Channel nor RedZone. The scene was like kicking over an anthill. Now need to find NFL.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 06, 2019, 06:53:44 AM

You can always use the nfl streams subreddit until you find a good solution. Otherwise nearly every platform has access to it for extra bundle cash.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #146 on: September 06, 2019, 07:26:24 AM

I'm going to start with looking at the services we already subscribe to. Once I get a couple minutes to rub together.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #147 on: September 06, 2019, 09:01:11 AM

Fubo.tv has NFL Network and if you add the Sports Plus add-on, you get Redzone as well.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #148 on: September 06, 2019, 09:30:48 AM

High-five, Mohawk

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #149 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34:41 AM

This is in alignment with the thead subject of "fuck Comcast" and publicizes that Xfinity is injecting JavaScript into their customers' internets:
https://rietta.com/blog/comcast-insecure-injection

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #150 on: October 30, 2019, 11:17:24 AM

1. Yes, 100% they are doing this. I’ve seen it personally.

2. PS Vue is going away so if January. I need a new provider or similar service now. Any suggestions? Mostly just for sports, I don’t think I’ve watched anything on cable in years.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: October 30, 2019, 11:48:20 AM

I think I'll be moving to YoutubeTV. My father has it and he seems to like it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #152 on: October 30, 2019, 12:06:03 PM

For just about any live sports, YoutubeTV has had the best service of all the ones I've seen or researched, with FuboTV being a close second. The only thing FuboTV doesn't have is ESPN and the only thing YoutubeTV doesn't have is NFL Network (and BeinSports if you want the Spanish soccer leagues).

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #153 on: October 30, 2019, 12:25:31 PM

If YoutTubeTV doesn't have NFL Network, why did you say they have the best sports service? I may as well just get some HDTV rabbit ears like Barney Rubble.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #154 on: October 30, 2019, 12:55:05 PM

I think there are maybe 4 gamesl that are shown on NFL Network that are not shown somewhere else all season and they are all shitty Thursday night games. As long as your local CBS, NBC and Fox affiliates are on YoutubeTV, you shouldn't miss any of the games you would have with a cable sub that does have NFL Network.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 31, 2019, 05:03:32 AM

NFL Network is a pretty shitty product.

NFL Redzone is great.

CBS Sports is pretty good though, but it's an app not a channel.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #156 on: October 31, 2019, 07:09:45 AM

I just didn't ask about RedZone. That was why I even got Vue this season.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #157 on: October 31, 2019, 08:23:20 AM

If you want NFL games, just get the gamepass.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #158 on: October 31, 2019, 09:23:33 AM

Looks like NHL is not part of YoutubeTV, so that’s off the table.
WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: December 25, 2019, 08:55:55 AM

The streaming NHL package you can buy from the league is great. The interface is dogshit, but you can get every regular season game for every team for like $150 a season. You can probably get a half season rate soon, and there is usually a free trial in January.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #160 on: December 25, 2019, 09:33:18 PM

Note: blackouts of local and national broadcasts still apply. However, a VPN solves that easily enough, and you can turn it off after the stream launches.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #161 on: January 20, 2020, 03:19:02 PM

Holy shit. Changing your service is fucking torture.

THEY KEEP THROWING OPTIONS AT ME. JUST BRING IT DOWN TO THE BASE INTERNET, DAMNIT. DO WHAT I SAY.

Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

"You'll lose access to your... "

"I know sports are important to you... "

"I'm trying to make sense of this.. "

JUST DO IT.

<dog drinking from spraying hose meme>

edit:
I probably should have taken their last offer, but at this point: fuck them. I'll pay more for NOT THEM.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:25:16 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #162 on: January 20, 2020, 07:34:35 PM

You must have been talking to Comcast. They are fucking horrible about downgrading your service.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: January 20, 2020, 07:53:20 PM

They are horrible about everything. Been a Comcast free household for over a year now and the only bad part about it is their stupid junk mail that is made of plastic rather than something that can be recycled.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: January 21, 2020, 06:57:53 AM

edit:
I probably should have taken their last offer, but at this point: fuck them. I'll pay more for NOT THEM.
When we cut all services except basic Internet one summer, I had to be such a raging douche to just get Time-Warner to do what I asked that it really upset me. I wasn't even upset when I was cancelling, it was just to cut services for summer, with the intention of turning it all back on in a couple months.

They had a regional manager from the state capitol call me and almost beg me to keep basic cable service, as it would have been $10 cheaper to have a cable box + Internet than just Internet. It's a retarded business model that means absolutely nothing until you get to the larger subscription numbers; at the individual level it breaks down into nonsense.

If only it weren't a monopoly on Internet service here.

In related news, there were a couple techs on the street last week and both of them said the best way to view Spectrum's content is via the Spectrum app on a Roku.  swamp poop They're doing everything they can do squeeze out broadcast cable entirely, my problems at this point are 100% their Switched Digital Video setup. At any random time, all the channels north of 50 may or may not shut themselves off and not reconnect for days. And the solution is to use someone else's equipment and the Internet, rather than their cable network. At that point it starts sounding like they're telling me to stop doing business with them entirely.
Rasix

Reply #165 on: January 21, 2020, 09:58:24 AM

You must have been talking to Comcast. They are fucking horrible about downgrading your service.

Actually, it's Cox. The guy was talking to me like I was some sort of imbecile. I was dangerously close to shouting and/or insisting on a different person or manager.

There's no competing options here. It's Cox or Comcast and their areas don't overlap.

-Rasix
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: January 27, 2020, 03:14:20 AM

When I "downgraded" my Comcast service to internet only, I did it via Reddit.  They were great and they didn't try to talk me out of it.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: January 27, 2020, 07:15:54 AM

It took less than a week for the old lady to get so pissed at Spectrum's shitty SDV channel fuckery that she told me to order the Roku. So that puts us one step closer to dropping cable, ironically on the advice of cable company employees.
Rasix

Reply #168 on: January 28, 2020, 06:04:49 PM

Any one have advice on what's a decent streaming appliance to get? Roku, Fire, Chromecast, etc? PS4 doesn't do Hulu's live tv and my Apple TV is first generation, I think.

-Rasix
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: January 28, 2020, 08:12:20 PM

Roku is probably the “best” value/quality device, but the Netflix app makes me want to cancel Netflix as it auto plays trailers if you stop on something for two seconds while scrolling through shit.

I use my 2nd gen AppleTV more than my new Roku to be honest. If my old Riku XS hadn’t been dying and it hadn’t been on a ridiculous Black Friday deal last year I wouldn’t have bothered buying it.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: January 29, 2020, 06:05:42 PM

Any one have advice on what's a decent streaming appliance to get? Roku, Fire, Chromecast, etc? PS4 doesn't do Hulu's live tv and my Apple TV is first generation, I think.

I've been using an nVidia Shield for a while.  It's not the cheapest option, but it's been pretty great - snappy menus, 4K and pretty clear/simple interface.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #171 on: January 29, 2020, 07:50:19 PM

I've been using Roku's for years and I fucking love them. I can't really compare them to anything since it's all I ever used but when I bought my new TV, I made sure to get one with Roku built in rather than something like Samsung's SmartTV.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #172 on: January 29, 2020, 09:52:58 PM

I recently got an Nvidia Shield, and it seems like a pretty great device.  More expensive than Roku, but a lot more versatile.  Got the VPN setup on it without much hassle and is working great.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: January 30, 2020, 07:21:17 AM

Didn't see it mentioned here, but PS Vue ends today.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #174 on: January 30, 2020, 10:57:21 AM

Didn't see it mentioned here, but PS Vue ends today.

Only used it to watch the World Cups so no great loss in my household.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Comcast unto death. Help me cut the cord! (Streaming TV options)  
Jump to: