Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Diplomacy - Game ends in most English way possible, a draw. (Final map posted) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diplomacy - Game ends in most English way possible, a draw. (Final map posted)  (Read 40678 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2016, 09:38:23 PM

Spring has sprung upon this year of our lord 1901, the continent of Europe lies at peace..the nation-states of Europe have decided that shit just will not abide..

Diplomacy has begun..

Our players are thus arrayed:

IanC  - England
Rendakor - France
Strazos - Italy
Viin - Germany
Pagz - Austro-Hungary
Amarr - Turkey
Shannow - Russia
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:20:12 AM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:55:12 AM

I'll give it a shot, but holy hell is that going to take a while.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:31:41 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 06:02:52 AM

We set time limits on turns , but it's definitely a slow play. Why rush when you are backstabbing people?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:36:28 AM

I'd be in. I've done some Diplo pbf games before using Realpolitik but that requires a neutral gamemaster to collect orders and update things.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 07:00:41 AM

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:44:48 AM by Pagz »
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:30 AM

I have no idea how to play but always happy to learn.

We'll teach you reaaaaal well.

Need 3 more.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 10:15:32 AM

I'd play.

- Viin
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:14:38 AM

I've also never played before but I'll give it a shot.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 12:29:14 PM

Okely one more and the war begins.

This site has a half-decent primer for the game.

Game goes basically like this:

We talk, we submit orders, orders are executed simultaneously, we curse at each other, rinse and repeat.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:59:29 PM

Ill bite.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:40:22 PM

Ok folks head over to webdiplomacy.net, make an account, then join game "f13 Bat Country" (Im trooper76 over there)

password is 'batcountry'

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 09:50:17 PM

Popcorn
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:54 AM

Looks like we are waiting on Amarr and Rendakor. Once they join the first turn will start automatically. Turns are set for 36 hours, however if everyone submits before the deadline they'll automatically resolve.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 08:07:56 AM

I'm in. Working today and haven't had a chance to read the primer linked yet, so I won't be taking a turn until tonight or tomorrow morning.

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:09:11 AM

I'm so ready to not know what is going on, I attack the darkness  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS!

No wait that's Switzerland.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 08:34:34 AM

Is this game set up to end after X turns or does someone have to get 18 supply centers to win?

- Viin
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 09:15:57 AM

Is this game set up to end after X turns or does someone have to get 18 supply centers to win?

IIRC, tbe players can vote for a draw if when the game bogs down into an interminable stalemate.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 03:56:15 PM

Will you be updating this thread with the game progress? I eagerly await the backstabbing and betrayals.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 04:38:05 PM

Take the time to reach out to your fellow players with intros, offers and lies. Lots of lies.

I'll definitely be updating this thread with progress reports and maps.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 06:57:14 PM

The map to begin with...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:07:06 PM by Shannow »

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 08:52:53 PM

Austria-Hungary: Spring, 1901

Dear Diary,
               This past season has been... tumultuous at best. Best to just write exactly what happened for now, just to show the full breadth of what is happening:

"The Arch-Duke is dead! The Arch-Duke is dead! Who will lead our glorious nation in it's most troubled hour?!"

Pagz: "Wait, doesn't that happen in another 13 years?"

"We have a volunteer!"

Pagz: "Wait, I'm Australian, not Austrian, how did this happen?"

"Well... frankly this country was being run by imbeciles, and we saw how well you handled the dwarves..."

Pagz: "I feel this is somewhat different. What's going on with all these little tanks? Is this ship in the middle of a province? What is this I don't even-"

"See? I'm glad you're finding this new job of yours quite comfortable, Arch-Duke, we will leave you now to sort out this hot mess. Also we're in the precipice of a full blown world war, bye!"

...It could have been an easier Sunday.

I spend most of my Spring sprawled out in the National Széchényi Library, pouring over the manuscripts of war and diplomacy trying to figure out the best way to defend my new country, like a new mother just wanting what's best. After the assassination of the previous Arch-Duke I can feel the eyes of my neighbors looking out at my new land, wanting to absorb my people into their industrial machine. I can only hope to stay alive long enough to not be the first to fall, and stall out my enemies to ensure a peace so my people may remain free. My goal is not victory, but an independence that will last into the ages. The death of the Arch-Duke will not disrupt our nation, and we will only be invigorated by new blood! Wait, ships can travel across land? I've got a lot of work to do...

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:55:45 PM by Pagz »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 12:17:35 AM

What ho chaps! Sounds like you excitable foreigners have gorn and got yourselves into a spot of bother. Our brave tommies and jacks are standing ready. I'm sure it'll all be over in time for tea and we can all have a jolly good round of medals and spankings by matron after.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 08:28:41 AM

Sacrebleu! A war? Fire ze missiles!

Ze missiles have not been invented yet? ACK!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:19 AM

Diplomacy, HUH? What is it good for?...

Hic sunt dracones.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 03:44:10 AM

Austria-Hungary: Autumn, 1901

Dear Diary,
                I am freaking out.
We are now on the precipice of war as all major powers swoop into the minors of Europe. We moved our forces into Serbia and Albania, trying to secure them before the full might of winter is upon us. Russia and Turkey too move their forces into the Balkans, gobbling up Romania and Bulgaria respectively. Now that we're the only major power in their way... I fear a war on this front is an inevitability.

Germany focuses north into Denmark, and with Italy taking one of their famous siestas all Spring, so at least our northern flank looks secure for now. Italian inaction is troublesome however, as I cannot guess what their planning. Germany moving one of their armies to our border from Berlin is also a cause for concern.

I worry that this may be my last entry in a time of peace, with an uncertain future ahead of us. The citizens and nobility shout "Hail the Arch-Duke for defeating our dreaded enemy Serbia who slew our previous Lord! This is certainly something we couldn't of done ourselves!", maybe so Austria-Hungary, but I fear the worst is yet to come...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 03:45:44 AM by Pagz »
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 04:23:30 AM

I'll give it a shot, but holy hell is that going to take a while.

It would go quicker Strazos if you'd put your orders in..:P~

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 04:55:45 AM

Maybe that's why he said it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 06:33:43 AM

You probably should have thought carefully about starting an Internet game with somebody who lives in a near uninhabitable desert hellhole on the other side of the globe.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 06:45:26 AM

Meh, as I said in-game, I thought I had more time. I'm on a pretty funky schedule right now, and this acid reflux is not helping.

So now, I'm the one waiting for the rest of the people to put in moves.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 07:20:36 AM

36 hours is the schedule I set just fyi. No worries. Remember people to talk to your fellow empires and stuff..

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 07:42:27 AM

TO: TURKEY

HAVE FUN IN SYRIA. STOP.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 08:27:34 AM

The joint French-English training exercise in the channel was a rousing success; I hope my tea sipping friends in Britain learned as much from it as we did. Our soldiers in Marseilles have had a good nap, and now have to decide if they'd like paella or lasagna for supper.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 09:50:16 AM

Winter is here...Nice try Turkey

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 10:15:10 AM

We decided that we wanted waffles to go with our paella. Now we will have a nap.

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 05:06:19 PM

Austro-Hungarian forces in front of the Pantheon after Greek capitulation, 4th November 1901

Austria-Hungary: Winter, 1901

Dear Diary,
               The last war report from the Greek front simply read: "Yes Arch-Duke, overwhelmingly Arch-Duke", something I fear may be the last time I see these words written. The annexation of the Balkan minors has given my troops the much needed experience for the wars to come, and I hear more are being trained at this very moment, waiting for winter to melt away before springing into action.

I hear Russia and Turkey's fleets are having open skirmishes along their borders in the black sea, and Italy moving theirs into the Ionian Sea. All concerning moves considering our lack of boats, and will be interesting to see how this naval war pans out. With most if not all minors already taken out of the war, I worry next year might not be so pleasant. Perhaps I should go to Tyrolia and see the Alps, I hear they're quite nice this time of year...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Diplomacy - Game ends in most English way possible, a draw. (Final map posted)  
Jump to: