Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: No Man's Sky: A COMPREHENSIVE PRIMER BY SAMPRIMARY. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Man's Sky: A COMPREHENSIVE PRIMER BY SAMPRIMARY.  (Read 319164 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: September 28, 2020, 10:20:45 PM

Is there a recent update to this?  I somehow always manage to forget I own this game for the Index.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #211 on: September 29, 2020, 12:22:49 AM

Is there a recent update to this?  I somehow always manage to forget I own this game for the Index.

Yup.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #212 on: October 02, 2020, 11:28:32 AM

It's surprisingly fun, and pretty. And being on XGP, nearly free. I've been playing the hell out of it.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: November 09, 2020, 04:12:15 PM

It's been a relaxing balm lately. Like, I keep landing on planets and going wow this is the same shit I've seen only not, it's really pretty or interesting. I landed on a planet a week ago and immediately made a base because it was a bunch of fauna designs I had never seen before with 50 plus planets under my belt, and they felt coherent/thematic. I found a quiet planet with no weather and the Sentinels are pretty chill and it has resources and ! it's got these towering stone platforms overlooking beautiful lakes. I made a base there right away. I found a ridiculously hard planet with Everest-high mountains falling into lake-filled valleys that had gigantic glowing flora and a fantastic color palette and made exquisite pictures at dawn halfway up a mountain.

I mean, it's really easy to play 15 minutes or four hours. And there's always relevant shit to do.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: February 17, 2021, 10:03:42 AM

I just got into this one. I'll probably enjoy the hell out of it, but I have to say that the decision to have other spaceships constantly flying by at the starter planet, plus the revelation that a space station is just minutes away, changes the tone of the intro from "desperate survival" to "weekend camp out."

I guess I should go to that station and see if they have a hospital so I can get this amnesia checked out, then get back to my day job of being a space accountant or whatever...
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: February 18, 2021, 06:37:05 AM

I hear the latest update gives us actual taming and breeding of beasts. My dream of sandworm riding is one step closer.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #216 on: February 18, 2021, 08:03:42 AM

My dream of sandworm riding is one step closer.
Kinky
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #217 on: February 18, 2021, 12:27:10 PM

Jesus Christ am I going to have to re-download the game again? I learned to just keep Elite:Dangerous on my PS4, guess I am going to have to do the same for this.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: February 19, 2021, 04:47:40 PM

I hear the latest update gives us actual taming and breeding of beasts. My dream of sandworm riding is one step closer.

I timed that perfectly, in that I started playing one day and then had a major update the next (my slow satellite connection took hours). And just today they did a patch of the patch that was larger than the original update...

Ohhhhh, I see.

But that said, the pet thing is pretty fun so far. So is the entire game really, even if it just works out to me noodling around building things and looking at scenery.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: February 21, 2021, 07:51:31 AM

"Noodling around building things and looking at scenery" made Minecraft a perfect waste of time.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: No Man's Sky: A COMPREHENSIVE PRIMER BY SAMPRIMARY.  
Jump to: