Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4.1 and Season 6- goblins ahoy! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 2.4.1 and Season 6- goblins ahoy!  (Read 84248 times)
WayAbvPar

on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:51 AM

New season starts tonight. Lots of new cosmetics to hunt, and a few new goblin types. Most sets got a bump in power again as well, so we will be seeing a lot of solo builds hitting GR 80 and above. I am thinking about a WD this go around, so soulflame has to babysit me through that  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:54 PM

Yeah, definitely going HC WD.

tl;d of the patch notes - health globes, twisters, GR70+, gilded barons nerfed, all set bonus damage increased.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:47:25 PM

Yeah, definitely going HC WD.

tl;d of the patch notes - health globes, twisters, GR70+, gilded barons nerfed, all set bonus damage increased.

That's ALL good news.  It may actually change the meta a bit.

Going to try a DH this season after playing a Crusader last season.  Ranged damage will be a welcome change.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:53:06 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:12:23 PM

The cosmetic items that I've found (two so far) were white drops.
They can't be salvaged.
As far as I can tell, they're immediately transmog-able.

I got a scythe (transmog for a staff), and a helmet that looks like some flavor of space trooper  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:59:35 PM

So who's up for me hopping in and leeching XP? I tried asking in clan chat yesterday and got a wall of silence.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:17:42 PM

So who's up for me hopping in and leeching XP? I tried asking in clan chat yesterday and got a wall of silence.

If you catch me while I am on, I am always willing to power level.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 03:27:04 PM

Yep, same.  I'm a shitter still, so it'll take longer.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 04:27:06 PM

I can run mans around for xps.
Rasix

Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 11:56:54 AM

I was skeptical at first, but Raekor's set is pretty decent actually.  Plus it clears fast.  It's also humorous just headbutting everything into kibble.  May have some durability issues at higher levels, but that can probably be mitigated.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 02:24:51 PM

My first WD has been interesting.  See mob,  cast AoE ,  watch pets kick the shit out of everything.  Even I can't fuck that up too often.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 03:39:06 PM

The Delsere set they give you for Wizard is pretty good for pushing Greater Rifts but is kinda underwhelming for speed clearing. I'm thinking I probably should've started with another class. It's just so annoying having to have a Slow Time field up to do any damage. Fortunately, I'm just an In-Geom away from the Tal's/Firebird flashfire build and I have high expectations for that.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 07:34:12 AM

I'm happy to PL. I sometimes get tunnel vision, though, when I'm playing, and don't pay attention to chat.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 03:57:19 PM

If you get a random invite from Drevik just join in and soak up the xp/lootz.  No expectations.

most often known as Drevik
Rasix

Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 10:08:10 AM

I was skeptical at first, but Raekor's set is pretty decent actually.  Plus it clears fast.  It's also humorous just headbutting everything into kibble.  May have some durability issues at higher levels, but that can probably be mitigated.

Well, leap barb is just about 100% better.  Squishier and less potential for future durability, but the damage isn't even close.  With Raekor, you're pretty much dependent on boulder toss for damage, here it's just a refresh mechanic and some added damage.

What do barbs run at higher grifts?  Spin to win?

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 10:57:23 AM

Thanks much for the invite yesterday, Drevik. Went from fresh 70 with only 2 bits and 22 points to my full set, a great bow-upgrade, some Cubed gear and almost 200 PP. Awesome!

Now to research what to do to tweak my DH as I'm always running out of hatred.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 12:51:57 PM

Thanks much for the invite yesterday, Drevik. Went from fresh 70 with only 2 bits and 22 points to my full set, a great bow-upgrade, some Cubed gear and almost 200 PP. Awesome!

Now to research what to do to tweak my DH as I'm always running out of hatred.

Work on perma-Vengeance.  With Dawn in the cube and enough CDR on your gear you can keep it up permanently.  After that you just need a Manticore if you're running Cluster Arrow or a Yang's if you're running Multishot and you should be good to go.  You can use Reaper's Wraps as a stopgap solution.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 01:26:50 PM

Ah there's the missing component then, the Dawn. I'll have to hunt one down. Someone was kind enough to dump a Yang's so I've got one of those already (thus my lack of hatred. Multishot is SO FAST...)

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 01:46:25 PM

Well, leap barb is just about 100% better.  Squishier and less potential for future durability, but the damage isn't even close.  With Raekor, you're pretty much dependent on boulder toss for damage, here it's just a refresh mechanic and some added damage.

What do barbs run at higher grifts?  Spin to win?
6 piece Raekors + 4 piece IK, with a RoRG.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

I went DH on HC this season, and it feels pretty similar to last season. Do whatever you can to get the UE set and melt everything in existence. Still fun though
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 09:35:45 PM

I keep seeing people being removed from the leaderboards.  There was a barb at 90 or 91 last night; not there anymore.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:00 AM

This is what I'm running http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Setanta-1696/hero/67545436

It just smashes things with with 100% up time on Wrath of the beserker and call of the ancients. Yes my Templar does have more ancients than me :D All I'm waiting for is restraint to drop but damn this spec is fun.

The trick is to either furious charge into a pack of 4 or more - or to hit 1 mob only to keep furious charge running as the fury generator.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 10:33:18 AM

Anyone interested in trying to complete the Curses! conquest? Kill 350 mobs before timer expires on a cursed chest event.

I can get to about 280 mobs solo before the timer expires.
Rasix

Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 10:37:12 AM

Pretty sure the leap barb would do a decent job of that.  Just so much AE and residual AE that's left just doing its thing.

edit: Watched a vid and it looks like the UE multishot build just slays that conquest.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:46:00 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 01:50:53 PM

Yeah, Multishot seemed like it'd do great. Drop 3-4 turrets and you don't have to worry about mobs that spawn out of melee or other classes cone of fire.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 02:12:16 PM

Now you know why I was leveling a demon hunter, Rasix.   awesome, for real
Rasix

Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 02:18:48 PM

I'm nearing that.  I don't really think I can go much farther on my barb or crusader.  Barb might be able to eek out GR 70 if I get lucky and the crusader seems to have problems with 65.  Shit just starts hitting too hard.  The barb is too squishy and the crusader just kills too slow.

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

My WD stalled out at GR 72.  I could level a bunch of gems to apply to gear, but that sounds so grindy.  I've spent an ungodly amount of blood shards trying to just upgrade my shoulders, and nothing.  The one ancient piece I did get had such terrible rolls, even enchanting didn't make it better than what I was already wearing.

I think that particular Conquest is the easiest one I have left (I hit 3 level 65 gems yesterday) in order to get the tab.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:34:06 PM by Soulflame »
WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 03:09:47 PM

My DH is ready for TX shenanigans, so we can try the chest whenever you want.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 07:07:57 PM

Some shrines are better than others for the Curses! conquest.  The Cursed Peat bounty for example makes it much easier to achieve.

For those stalled in the lows 70s GRs, have you made multiple attempts?  The rift map you get and the mobs on the map can make a HUGE difference.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 07:45:07 PM

I don't think I can do another Conquest solo on my WD. I'd love to help with the chest one, if anyone wants to invite me.

I have heard the best chest is Act V Blood Swamp.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 11:44:02 PM

I have made multiple attempts.

GR 72 - doable.  One time, with 5s to spare!  That was exciting.
GR 73 - not doable.  Probably 3-4 attempts so far.  Seeing yellow mobs with one trillion health (not an exaggeration) is enough to make me weep.  Of course I often see very narrow maps when I'm trying the high level rifts, which is awesomely terrible for pet WD.

Just finding the damned chest event in Paths of the Drowned is hilariously difficult.  I think I ran that area at least 5 or 6 times tonight, didn't show up once.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #31 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13:32 AM

I've got a Sunwoku Monk I started a few weeks ago and is pushing GR higher than I've ever been before, even with my Invoker Crusader last season. However, I'm missing a torch to cube and it's really slowing me down without. Does anyone know the best way to farm for one? I'm guessing cube upgrade rare is probably the best option, but if there's a faster way I'd love to know.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:01 AM

Check to see when it first appears on the loot table- you might be able to upgrade from rare on a lower level alt (since at level 70 you are rolling against the entirety of the loot table).

Finished my first GR50 last night with 0 minutes and 0 seconds left. Stats screen on turn in showed I had .27777 seconds left  awesome, for real

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 24, 2016, 10:06:00 AM

For the torch, there are three ways I usually go about this. Upgrade from rare or loot trade runs where you group with monks and just trade whatever each other need.

As for conquests, if there's a group for the Cursed conquest I'm in. Otherwise, if there's any group for running low/mid GR70s to get 3x rank 65 gems I'd be down for that too. Just shoot me a message
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 25, 2016, 08:38:20 AM

If you want to hit GR75 it pretty much does come down to grinding.  On my DH I've got 400 Dex from Paragons and 975 Dex from Caldesann's Despair.  That's a good chunk of DPS leaving me sitting at just over 2m paper DPS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Patch 2.4.1 and Season 6- goblins ahoy!  
Jump to: