Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:30:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of cards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clash of cards  (Read 43453 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 12:54:24 PM

There was a balance patch today to address some stuff. Giants got buffed, princes got nerfed, and some overall QoL stuffs. In game notes should be there.

I'm starting to encounter people in Arena 3 with Arena 4+ cards. They're a pain, but I'm still managing to win 75% of the time with my current setup:

Goblin Spearmen Hut
Skeleton Graveyard
Goblin Spearmen
Archers
Minions
Cannon
Giant
Big Skeleton

If I can get skels and gobbos pumped out from their spawns, the giant and big skel lead the charge. By the time they can answer the giant/big skel, I've already got a mob behind them to push through, and if/when we reach the last minute x2 rush, I can just keep dropping giants/big skels/huts until I win. I doesn't always work, especially if they cheese me back with an even bigger swarm (witch + skel army + other swarms or counter swarm stuff), but it's fun and keeps the chests rolling in.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 08:45:28 PM

My swarm tactics are starting to not work as well as I get higher lvl opponents.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 04:37:11 AM

If a guy drops a hut i know im gonna win.  Bomb tower shuts it down.

Tombstone is great for stopping prince or hog tho.

Why don't you try our other games?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 04:03:44 PM

Why run tombstone over normal skeletons? If you're answering prince or hog with it, running the tombstone amounts to absorbing 1 extra hit for 2 elixir over the skeletons, which isn't great. And you're always answering prince or hog since everyone and their dog runs at least one of those.

My roster has been fairly stable for a while at:
Musketeer
Baby Dragon
Prince
Knight
Arrows
Bomber
Archers
Skeletons

Bomber, dragon, and arrows answer swarms, skeletons answer princes, hog riders (sort of), and giant skeletons (pull them off the road near your river, so the skelly bomb won't kill all your dudes). Nothing dies to arrows (except for skeletons, but they're already dying instantly to whatever you dropped them on) so that card is mostly dead against you. Win by coordinating a push with dragon or knight as a tank backed up by ranged units, then have a prince ninja their other tower after they've spent all their elixir answering you.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 04:52:09 PM

I can't tell if it's good balance or not, but epics feel very boom or bust to me. If they're unchecked they all wreck face, but all of them have some pretty easy counters.

Code:
7   Arrows
6   Minion Swarm
7   Spear Goblins
7   Knight
7   Barbarians
7   Tesla
3   Hog Rider
4   Musketeer

So only two rares and no epics. The minion swarm is almost exclusively defensive, except for occasionally poking at bomb towers, which are the only thing I struggle with. Arrows are also defensive. Tesla counters pretty much all the hut-type structures by itself until someone can get two barb huts up, since those spawn two at a time and they have more HP.

Knight is stupidly tanky. If you can get him in front of a musketeer and the spear goblins he wrecks face. Barbs fill a similar role, but they're more DPS and a good counter to giant skeletons, witches, and giants.

Spear goblins are definitely the weakest one of the lot, but they're useful if you can get them on baby dragons which are focusing a different target. Baby dragons are nasty against swarm, but their DPS against single-targets is actually really low.

----
Main gripes at the moment:
1) The MMR system is really swingy. Since it's all or nothing (rather than splitting it down by the relative number of towers lost) I tend to jump all over the trophies count, which can feel really shitty. The system in Clash of Clans seems more sensitive and better than this.
2) Due to the way cards counter each other, everyone plays really passively at the start, and whenever there's a board clear; since it's more advantageous to counter your opponent and re-attack than go on the offensive.
3) Sometimes you just get someone who has every single card a level or two higher than you and there's really fuckall you can do, which only makes point #1 worse.
4) Gold is going to become an issue really fast. I've already got four 1k upgrades pending because I can't afford all of them and I need to prioritise cards I use. This seems like it will only get worse since the rate of gold gain doesn't scale by very much at all. I guess this is where they want you to make microtransactions.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 25, 2016, 09:38:08 PM

Since the patch i am finding valk is a real pita.  Might have to start using her.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:00 AM

I swapped out knight for valk and she seems to be doing well.  She fills the same role but is a little better against swarms and witch which seem all over arena 4 at least.  Not as good against the giants though.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:58 PM

I use valk instead of carrying an aoe spell; plus she tanks pretty well (as a counter to swarms) especially with gobby and skele support. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 28, 2016, 07:19:41 PM

I think you are crazy if you dont at least run arrows.  I run rocket arrows and freeze rt now.  Arrows is my swiss army knife.  Almost always useful.

Fought my first golem today.  Those things suck.  He dropped it in front of my push every time and i could barely kill it by the time it reached my tower.  Apparently i need hog or inferno...

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 29, 2016, 12:37:09 PM

I find I need arrows to counter minion swarm.

Five 0-0 games today is pretty  Ohhhhh, I see.

It's too easy to clear the board and reset, and the game favours passive play.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 29, 2016, 08:13:24 PM

I have been dropping my trophies by throwing games, just so I can stay in Arena 3 for easy and quick crown chests. Hard to see a strong downside, which makes me think they need to add a better incentive to being higher rank. Also trying to roll a Rage card, with little luck.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 04:05:13 AM

Chests are a little better so you progress a little faster.. But opening the crown chest can be a grind.  3 crown wins are a rare thing.

I want to get +2000 so i have a shot at getting a princess.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 09:59:11 PM

I've been experimenting with decks a lot (and losing a lot of trophies in the process) and finally have found this lineup a lot of fun:
Skeletons
Spear Goblins
Zap
Knight
Bomber
Cannon
Freeze
Elixir Collector

If you cycle properly (always play cheap cards first) you can easily get five collectors out in the endgame, which makes the deck really high-skillcap. You only have a moment to think about spending elixir before your bar overflows. But opponents screw up a lot too trying to answer it all. Anyone tried anything similar?
Wexingtn

Email
Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 01:10:23 PM

Just made a 500 gem tournament. i'll probably start it with 1 hour left on prep. It's two hours long. pokemanz is the tournament name and EDIT:   partyparty  is the password.

Get in, get you friends in, whatever. 1hr 50m left on prep as of this post.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:21:15 PM by Wexingtn »
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:39 PM

I am in. 

Hey wait, I just realized there's no reason to ever make an open tournament.  Just make 1 password protected one, don't let anyone in, get the 1st place chest and the 500 gem achievement.  Any reason that wouldn't work?

Supercell is going to have to set up a thing where you can join a game created tournament once a week or something or there won't be any tourneys soon.

Wexingtn

Email
Reply #50 on: July 19, 2016, 01:17:48 PM

I am in. 

Hey wait, I just realized there's no reason to ever make an open tournament.  Just make 1 password protected one, don't let anyone in, get the 1st place chest and the 500 gem achievement.  Any reason that wouldn't work?

Supercell is going to have to set up a thing where you can join a game created tournament once a week or something or there won't be any tourneys soon.

Yeah, I was thinking of making it public once my clan/bat country got in, but I might leave it private so everyone/most everyone can get cards
Wexingtn

Email
Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 01:19:42 PM

Didn't make my clan private so someone ninja'd the password. It is now    partyparty

Edit: I'll probably leave the entire preparation duration since players are slow to join currently
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:27:14 PM by Wexingtn »
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 20, 2016, 07:42:53 AM

I made it in, but then didn't get a chance to actually fight anyone because work imposed.  Oh well, still got some cards.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 24, 2016, 03:10:52 PM

You can find sparsely attended tournaments by searching for random letters.  I just won one with only 6 people in it by searching for gar.  3 letters seems to be the sweet spot.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:48 AM

I think I finally broke my addiction with this one.  Feels good Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 11, 2018, 07:12:40 PM

Any interest left in Clash of Cards? Bat Country is mega dead.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 28, 2018, 10:00:36 AM

So I'm back to fully addicted to this again (I made it like a year and a half!).  I think having less time to play lately has made the mobile thing more appealing since I can just hop in an play a match or two.

There are a ton of new cards and game modes since I last played.  I like being able to do the 2v2 stuff to get chests without dropping my 1v1 ranking.  Also the challenge modes are pretty fun.   The card leveling continues to be an issue, but until I hit the wall again it's still fun regardless.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 28, 2018, 07:28:31 PM

So I'm back to fully addicted to this again (I made it like a year and a half!).
You and me both. They really need to make Royal Giant 2.0 so I quit in disgust again.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 30, 2018, 05:07:23 PM

I'm playing this daily again too.  For anyone around 3800 trophies I joined Beer League clan, they're plenty active for your donates, constant war, and the chatter isn't horribly juvenile. Q2Q8YG

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #59 on: July 01, 2018, 09:08:34 AM

I play this a lot. I'm in a clan with some former colleagues and it's pretty fun if you have an active guild. Clan wars are more fun than the old clan chest mechanic.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 12, 2018, 09:11:16 AM

I hit a bit of a wall right around 3350.  Anytime I'm within 2 wins of 3400 I just hit a stream of people with at least 2 cards 2 levels over mine.  I think I'll be floating here until I level up another couple cards.  I could probably push through brute force but that tends to just make me angry Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Started with:
Giant - Musket - Princess - Baby Dragon - Whirlwind - Zap - Inferno Dragon - Mini Pekka

Current deck is:
Giant - Wizard- Archers - Lumberjack - Fireball - Zap - Inferno Dragon - Mini Pekka

Clans wars are a mixed bag.   I really like collection day, but War day is really hit and miss depending on the cards.  If the clan cards are ones I don't have leveled or legendaries I don't have it can be pretty tough to make a viable deck.   My focus has just been to get every card up to tourney standard so they are at least usable.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 15, 2018, 05:34:05 PM

Finally broke into 3400 on a decent win streak.   Also in the last 2 days somehow I got a Magical chest a Legendary chest an Epic chest (which I've never seen before) and a SMC for a quest.  Now I have to manage to open them all =p
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #62 on: July 15, 2018, 08:50:54 PM

My regular battle deck is:
Witch (7)
Arrows (12)
Skeleton Army (6)
Rage (6)
Rocket (10)
Minion Horde (13)
Musketeer (11)
Mega Knight (3)

That gets me reliable wins at Challenger 1 level. It's not a very fast deck, and you need to be careful not to find yourself out of elixir when a big threat like Elite Barbarians or a Balloon suddenly appears. It handles both swarms and big stuff just fine though and, if you get either the Minions + Rage or the Witch + Musketeer + Rage combos out, towers just melt.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 17, 2018, 06:56:44 AM

I've never been very good with rocket decks.  Also pretty sure I'd die if someone dropped a Lv 11 Musket on me.

Been playing around with Magic Archer in the place of Archers.  Not sure about him yet.  He's definitely less threatening to towers but occasionally he goes crazy and you get a ton of value out of him.  Also Witch is all over the place at my level and he does pretty good there.

Wondering if I can switch back Wizard to Musketeer or Maybe even baby Dragon with him in the deck.  Wizard definitely under-performs in my deck most of the time.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #64 on: July 17, 2018, 07:42:19 AM

My usual plan is to lead with either the Musketeer or the Witch depending on what is in the initial draw and hold the rocket back for sniping high value targets walking past a tower - it will one shot a 5 cost ranged trooper like Witch, Executioner or Wizard, and will leave a Valkyrie on low enough health to die to a tower shot. Alternatively use it to kill Pumps whenever they pop up. It's a 6 elixir for 6 elixir trade, so it's best if you can clip the tower as well, but even if you can't it will shut down an expensive deck that needs the Pump to get going. After that, the plan is to draw out the anti-horde defences and then slot in the Minions and Rage. They take about 4 seconds to kill an untouched tower if nothing stops them first. In the event that there are too many anti-horde defences, I can flip it around, use the hordes for my defence and push the Mega Knight with the Witch for covering fire. Those two will wreck a tower plenty fast too.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: August 22, 2018, 05:35:13 PM

Made it to 3800 and then got dumpstered 3 games in a row  awesome, for real

Still playing a Giant deck.  It's probably no good against some of the decks I'm seeing here, so more changes likely.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 04, 2018, 06:27:09 AM

And I rage deleted this game from my phone, so the cycle is now complete.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: September 04, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

I'm tooling around in the lower leaugue seasons. I've upgraded all of my main deck cards that aren't Epic or Legendary to maximum level and I'm melting faces when I get a good rotation going. The Witch especially is so good. She's not only a hard counter to swarms by herself, but, if she has enough time to pop out at least one skeleton, she's also a hard counter to the massive DPS monsters like Elite Barbs, Megaknight or Pekka.

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 20, 2018, 01:35:21 PM

Still playing everyday, still doing ok with my weird prince mini pekka deck.

Anyone have an active low level clan?  I can bring 4 active players.  Lowest is around 1100.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Clash of cards  
Jump to: