Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2018, 10:14:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Art Thread (NSFW) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Art Thread (NSFW)  (Read 49975 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: October 04, 2018, 04:42:39 PM

Latest.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #456 on: October 17, 2018, 09:31:44 PM

New model is awesome. The hair is already as much fun as I'd hoped. Oil on canvas, 16x20.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: November 14, 2018, 09:21:41 AM

I missed your latest post above, Sky.  She looks like a fun model to draw, any updates?

I haven't been doing much seriously. Started working on my postcard for the 2019 Twitter Art Exhibit and it didn't get off to a good start.  I found out my "Waterproof India Ink" wasn't.  Started to bleed as soon as I began to apply watercolor over the lines (usually I go ink over watercolor).

And this was the other of my possible TAE2019 entries.  Since I couldn't paint over the lines, I painted around them instead.  I don't like it but it's gotten positive responses.  Go figure.

And some lunchtime fun with pens and highlighters.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: November 14, 2018, 10:50:53 AM

Maybe a fixative followed by some clear gesso? Looks cool, though! Happy accidents!

I did one more session on the portrait, but haven't been since. Model was out two weeks and then the fatigue from work kicked in hard. I should be recovered by next week, but that only leaves two or three sessions after the holiday. My plan is to take some pics with the good camera and maybe play around with charcoals or something.

I may also take next semester off, I've been taking the class since January of 2016. I'm hoping to focus on color recognition and paint mixing, since those two things get more frustrating each semester, instead of easier.

All I've been doing lately is some unserious figure drawing, since we're running sessions here now and I'm a facilitator. Hard to get any serious drawing done when I'm facilitating, since I can't get into flow at all. On the nights the other kid facilitates (about every other), I can get into flow...but then my lack of skills rears its head. So I just keep it loose and informal and I'm not worrying about producing anything good, just playing around with ideas. That's been fun, so I'm sticking with that until I get in some more study on figure (my focus next year).

That's her elbow in the first gesture (fiancee thought she had weird boobs, heh). These are 3, 5 and 10 minute. I like the 10 minute, actually (the one with values roughed in).

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: December 11, 2018, 01:10:31 PM

Something new and a bit of a new look.  I was originally planning to just do the two center lines and then add ink lines over that, but I liked how it looked and expanded on that idea somewhere.  Need to flatten it out once I take it off the board. The tape didn't hold as well as it should have this time around.

Revisiting the non-waterproof waterproof ink issue - it does become waterproof.... if I let it dry for long enough.  Which means longer than a day at minimum.  I was using that ruined section of paper to do some testing and got water on the old lines and they were fine, so it just means if I want to do color over ink again, I just need to plan it out for longer thank usual.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: December 12, 2018, 08:38:33 AM

That's a cool technique, I like it!

I've been slowly getting back into drawing, wish I could retire tomorrow. Seems like work gets needier every year.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Art Thread (NSFW)  
Jump to: