Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: 10 Cloverfield Lane 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10 Cloverfield Lane  (Read 11940 times)
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 09:22:29 AM

I actually thought the rest of the series was somewhat uneven but I may be the only person that loved the ending.

You are not entirely alone, but there may not be enough of us to properly fill up a church at the end of time (at least not on the internet anyway).

As for 10 Cloverfield Lane, so many here have not seen it that I don't even want to discuss it for spoilers. Que it up on Netflix and watch it already. Just be prepared that it's a super low budget (for movies) extended Twilight Zone episode -- but that doesn't mean it moves slow. But knowing how the plot twists go will take away a lot of the edge-of-the-seat is-it-or-isn't-it drama of the story.

Okay, one spoiler @Samwise: He's a "conservative white patriarch techie with poor impulse control." In fact, if you search the employee finder of that fake company website that was responsible for the monster in the first Cloverfield (yeah I can't remember the name of it) you can find him and his previous job...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:30:44 AM by Mandella »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 10:43:59 AM

Especially since perfectly portrayed the mannerisms and looks of somebody I know.....

I've still only seen the trailer (although thanks for reminding me that I've been meaning to catch this on streaming), but based on those little bits of his performance he strikes me as basic "conservative white patriarch with poor impulse control".  I'm pretty sure we all know at least one of those.
Yeah, just watch it.  It's more than just that cliche.  I'm talking the specific speech patterns and general movements/behaviors.  Goodman does a really good job of realistically acting out a person who is just plain off.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:16 AM

You won't know what to make of it after you see it except "boy john goodman is a good actor."
Actually, my initial response was  Also, John Goodman is a good actor in poorly written and directed movies. This was neither.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 04:03:42 AM

You won't know what to make of it after you see it except "boy john goodman is a good actor."
Actually, my initial response was  Also, John Goodman is a good actor in poorly written and directed movies. This was neither.
As I mentioned before, I think they flubbed the ending a bit, but don't think it should have ended there.

Show more, but maybe just not play it out in the cliche way it did.  Felt the writing and directing was great beyond that.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: 10 Cloverfield Lane  
Jump to: