Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  (Read 64611 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #140 on: February 07, 2016, 04:12:35 PM

Welcome to the National "what the fuck is a catch?" League.

That keeps up, and that is all the stories tomorrow will be about.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:55 PM

They need a Yellow/Red card system in the NFL. Grabbing someone by the facemask and whipping them around by it should be more than just a yardage penalty.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: February 07, 2016, 04:33:48 PM

Talib's given up 35 yards in penalties alone so far

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 07, 2016, 04:58:29 PM

Panthers need to get some stickum.

Von miller is doing his best to singlehandedly win this game

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 07, 2016, 05:02:03 PM

It has been "almost  time" for the halftime show since two minutes into the first quarter...god I hate the product the NFL and the SuperBowl have become.

EDIT: Though I can always enjoy a lineman getting an interception  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:07:08 PM by Chimpy »

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 07, 2016, 06:25:19 PM

Kind of a boring game. So far.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 07, 2016, 06:33:25 PM

I like a good defensive game, I think it's good. Feels like it could go either way still.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: February 07, 2016, 06:39:46 PM

A good defensive game is the best, but this is two ridiculous defenses mauling on a pair of offenses which can't find any momentum.

The grimmest stat I've seen so far is that Denver is 1/11 on 3rd downs and Carolina is something similar, maybe 1/9 or 2/10 at this point. That's ridiculous

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: February 07, 2016, 06:44:25 PM

Has there ever been a Superbowl without an offensive TD?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 07, 2016, 06:46:05 PM

Has there ever been a Superbowl without an offensive TD?

No and there won't be tonight (Carolina scored theirs on offense).

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 07, 2016, 06:54:41 PM

Doh, yeah. Although if the game ended now I think it would be the first where the winner didn't score one.

It's not the lowest-scoring Superbowl, I think that was number 9, which ended 16-6.

Currently Panthers are 3/13 and the Broncos are 1/12 on third downs  ACK!

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 07, 2016, 07:02:50 PM

4/27 between both teams on third down.

And we are going to see a defensive player as MVP.

Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 07, 2016, 07:04:06 PM

Gotta be Miller

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: February 07, 2016, 07:05:16 PM

Does a penalty giving you an auto first count as a 3rd down conversion?  why so serious?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 07, 2016, 07:06:44 PM

Gotta be Miller

If it isn't there's something wrong with the universe.

I think we've set a record for both punts and sacks in a superbowl now.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 07, 2016, 07:07:12 PM

Pretty sure that's game

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: February 07, 2016, 07:08:15 PM

Farewell Peyton Manning. Holy shit is Denver's defense good.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 07, 2016, 07:09:49 PM

Farewell Peyton Manning. Holy shit is Denver's defense good.

Both of these teams have ridiculous defenses.

Manning retires with his final pass being a completion for points in a SuperBowl win.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 07, 2016, 07:12:32 PM

Well there ya go. The NFC/Panthers weren't so good after all. This Pats fan will go mumbling into the night about missed opportunities to play that AFC championship game in Gillette. Which makes you realize that Peyton maybe owes his season to the defense AND Brock Ostweiler. Good times.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #159 on: February 07, 2016, 07:15:15 PM

Cam looked like he was allergic to the football.

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 07, 2016, 07:27:19 PM

141 yards and an INT, and that was Manning.

I didn't watch much of the game, just how bad was it?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: February 07, 2016, 07:29:02 PM

Manning was bad. Especially bad late. He really was running on fumes. But man, that defense. I can't get over how good they were.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 07, 2016, 07:43:11 PM

141 yards and an INT, and that was Manning.

I didn't watch much of the game, just how bad was it?

Denver's defense was dominant. Neither offense really did anything.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 07, 2016, 07:45:35 PM

Nice, Von Miller did get the trophy as expected. It would have sucked if they gave it to Manning since the only thing he did well was dodge the retirement question with a scripted quote. 'Gonna kiss my wife/family, drink Budweiser, give thanks to the man upstairs.' swamp poop

Overall, I liked the game. I like defensive games, but this was better since Car was trailing and they're capable of scoring at any time so it kept the game interesting. At least until the last couple of mins
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 07, 2016, 07:46:43 PM

Both defenses were brutally good.

In many ways getting injured and sitting out the last six or so games of the season might have been the best thing that happened to Peyton this year; he looked a lot less broken than two years ago, when he played the whole season. He did have issues staying on his feet though. Agreed with the feeling that Cam looked flat right from the get go. Maybe it was nerves, or some bad chicken he ate or what. I don't think he quit on that team, but he never seemed to find a rhythm.

Glad Von Miller got MvP. That kid is going to get PAID.

Now I'd be quite content if that means the Bears could snag Trevaythan.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #165 on: February 07, 2016, 07:47:06 PM

Welcome to the National "what the fuck is a catch?" League.

I was yelling at my TV over that bullshit.

Man, what a painful game to watch. I'm all for good defense but I'd like to see SOME offense. Like you know, any? I really hate that Gary Kubiak is now a winning Super Bowl coach, when what really won that game was Wade Phillips' defense. Because holy shit, that offense is terrible. Hey, let's run CJ Anderson directly into the line for a 1-yard gain another 20 times, that'll be fun. Third down and forever? Don't even bother trying to get the first down, just run the ball and punt.

Cam looked terrible which is kind of understandable based on how much turf he had to eat. Their OC had about as much ingenuity as Gary Kubiak and the only reason they weren't as conservative is because they were always behind.

Von Miller is a beast.

The NFL is a fucking joke, however.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: February 07, 2016, 09:09:14 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

beer geek.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: February 07, 2016, 09:44:53 PM

The problem with these defensive games is every botched playcall and foul is magnified 10-fold.  I thought the Panthers made a lot of stupid mistakes, but in a game like that you can't have the refs lose focus either.  They seem to have on a few plays against the Panthers which may have cost them the game.   That said, the Panthers did not have the discipline necessary to play against a defensive powerhouse.  In games past they could chew on the opposing defenses just fine, even after making pretty bad mistakes.  This time?  No such chance. 

That, and Shula's playcalling was just horrid.  With a QB like that, the playbook should have been more utilized.  Instead, the Panthers just seemed stubborn with their gameplan.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 07, 2016, 11:14:04 PM

I enjoyed watching the game but I was rooting for the Broncos. Hopefully Peyton and his noodle arm retire from the league while he's on top. My God some of his throws were just cringeworthy. I admit I did not think Denver's D was THAT good but they showed they're the best unit in the NFL hands down. They could have carried Brandon Weeden to a victory. How do you stop a team with both Miller AND Ware from getting to your QB? It's impossible. Newton got absolutely assblasted that game. I felt a little bad for him at the end even but he's young, if he's any good he'll be back as long as they keep that defense strong.

I think (?) one of Carolina's guards got injured and it seemed to me that as soon as he went out of the game the pressure on Newton went from 'high but manageable' to 'oh god run for your life.'

I also still can't figure out how that catch in the first wasn't a catch.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: February 08, 2016, 04:24:40 AM

Glad to see Von Miller get the MVP nod.

But man, the Panthers could just not hold on to any ball that was thrown to them, and that includes on the defensive side where there could have been a couple more picks easily.  Miller and Ware pounded the nails into the coffin, but Carolina put themselves there by not being able to catch the football.  In the fucking Super Bowl, no less.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: February 08, 2016, 05:43:41 AM

I also still can't figure out how that catch in the first wasn't a catch.

Because no one knows what the rules for a catch are in the NFL these days.

My guess is that when he went to the ground, it looked like the nose of the football touched the ground and the ball moved slightly in his hands. It was one of those plays that no matter what they called on the field it was going to be a "call stands" review, because you couldn't really tell what happened.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #171 on: February 08, 2016, 06:50:14 AM

They need a Yellow/Red card system in the NFL. Grabbing someone by the facemask and whipping them around by it should be more than just a yardage penalty.

In this case - a completely irrelevant 1 yard penalty. NFL rulebook is so full of stupid holes. I could spear your QB in the small of the back and knock him out of the game - you run up and knock me over in response. Net result, offsetting penalties, nothing happens.  The idea that a 15 yard penalty resulting in one yard being marched off because it happened on the two yard line is just another example.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: February 08, 2016, 06:53:11 AM

He caught it but when the ball goes from one side of your body to another the refs are going to say you didn't have control of the ball. But Cam threw like shit that game. Like shit. I could count with my hands his completed passes and he did the exact same shit against arizona. Once they figure out he'll just over throw his receivers 80% of the time anyway they did man to man and dared him to run.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: February 08, 2016, 08:14:11 AM

Still feels good. Did not sleep well at all last night. Copious amounts of high ABV beer and wings... but what a glorious day.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:04:04 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #174 on: February 08, 2016, 08:21:29 AM

Still feels good. Did not sleep well at all last night. Copious amounts of high ABV beer and wings... but wait a glorious day.

Lots of babies named Von in 9 months.

According to the NFL.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoffs 2016  
Jump to: