Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:52:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars: Uprising 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: Uprising  (Read 9642 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: September 13, 2015, 06:27:08 PM

https://playstarwarsuprising.com/

Alrighty, I'll be the 1st to take the plunge on this one I guess.  In short, I like it.  For me, it's the best Star Wars game I've played on mobile.
The gist:

• Set post epi. 6; akin to the new pen-and-paper initial SW release, you're basically a smuggler navigating the new govt.
  • Very fleshed out storylines with the right amount of VO work and sound effects.  You can definitely empathize with what's going on.
  • Point-move "tactical" diku isometric gaming.  The game is a bit of a hog and of course plays better on a tablet; so choose your playstyle accordingly.
  • Full chat (global, party, friend, cartel)
  • Shittons of gear spanning all of the "classes."
  • More in-depth character customization than a normal mobilegame.
  • "Crew" system wherein you can collect and develop a crew; sending them on the usual errands.
  • Not class or level-locked at all.  Find some gear or a cool skill?  Use it however you want to. Multi-class, whatever.  There are no stat point allocations, only gear choices.
  • The "stat allocation" in essence is which gear you decide to roll with and how much resource you wish to devote to improving them from simple to legendary.  This 'crafting' is the most important mechanic in the game.  Materials themselves can of course be improved.  The better the material the greater the effect on the gear, which of course means you have to be careful where you allocate your credits for this; and you must lean towards only using imped material on better gear and vice versa.
  • Large choice of skills that are always available.  Mostly depends on reputation with the faction that sells them.
  • "Push your luck" missions.  You can tweak the mission difficulty to maximize your reward.  Most missions can only be ran once, so it's a subtle mechanic that forces the player to challenge themselves and definitely lean towards co-op play.  If you run em easy and win, the mission is gone.  Can retry after failure of course.
  • Most missions are co-op able with 2+ players.  I haven't tried any "raids" yet.
  • Cartel ranking system with at least a modicum of a strat layer.
  • Global event system.  There's only really be one activated so far.  Basically as the players run normal assaults, they either beat or lose to the Imperials.  If they win, an all-out assault is started wherein you gain blueprints that give you access to a particular mission location.  These are a bit more involved and probably more raid style later on.  Rewards are much better for these and your cartel benefits greatly from participation.  Success may or may not open up entirely new planets and so forth... so your server determines its own fate somewhat.  This "strat meta" is of course via an overarching system map, so as the game goes on and gets more complex, it may behoove the rebel cartels to organize where it matters most.

Overall a pretty well done game, but definitely a resource hog.  RMT is minimal but it definitely helps to give an initial $5 worth to make entry more greasy.
I'm in a cartel already called "Advent Horizon."  I have a twi'lek named "Eclipse Phage" that I'm rolling as a bodyguard gorilla presently.  Game seems cross-server global so yah, you should be able to find me.

Not sure if there's Jedi and what-not.  There is sword melee however; generally as Enforcer.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:37:56 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:10:39 PM

Playing it. Loving it so far.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 03:32:29 PM

How well will this play on a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:43:03 PM

I'm playing it too. It's surprisingly good for a Kabam game. Level 13 so far, in game name is Tiger Roach.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 08:51:19 PM

It'll be interesting to see where they take the assault portions of the game, once the gating is cleared.  At some point, the map will be unmanageable without coordination and the rebels will start losing to the imps.  At that point, things may become pretty neat.  Things right now are more like a zerg back-forth.

I'm seeing a lot of synergies in the class/ability system, so hopefully that gets used later on.   For now you don't see much control or utility as it's just not challenging enough yet, especially since you're locked out of missions outside your player skill.

Oh, I have a wookie bowcaster!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

How well will this play on a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1?

I play it pretty well on a GalaxyS5, so you shouldn't have a problem.  Go smuggler or some such if you've got the speed.  I'm running a bodyguard/guerilla because it doesn't require much movement... unless I go stealth-guerilla.  Then again, throwing nades and such requires some precision.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 01:14:43 AM

This is silly involved. So many layers to it. Really liking the crew aspect, loot tie ins, whole bit. Great game.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 05:22:23 PM

Cartels are starting to thin out and the cream is starting to rise to the top.  You get fucktons of loot for doin cartel stuff, so minimally make sure your cartel is >rank20.
The best cartels are already fleshed out with websites and voip even and the co-op is already pretty much tier3 or gtfo... so keep your toon maxed no matter the loot.

Tip: for your crew, backtrack planets and stock up on tier1 carbonite.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 05:25:30 PM

Loot tables are shit lately. I'm getting nothing but desh.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:37:41 PM

Yah, they can be the suck. I've gotten nothing but green loot when spending chromium on supplies too.
Concentrating on the storyline and then backtracking seems like the best way to quickly gain decent gear, if not the material to make things decent.

Other news: patch went out.  Game is a bit quicker running, which is nice.  And the chat UI is less buggy.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 07:23:31 PM

Small tips:
  • Shoot containers on missions with normal shots, not special abilities.  Normal shots count towards your ultimate.  You'll avg. at least 1 extra ulti per map this way.
  • Do no throw away your low lvl gear when you get a higher one.  Max it out first if it counts towards a blueprint. (so max 10 lvls instead of 20).  Then dump it.
  • Try to grind for high tier desh rather than crafting it.  You can dump a lot of creds on desh, it's the biggest sink in the game... so find a high tier mission and hit it.  Just like making an extra $4k desh.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 11:05:12 PM

I have stopped doing the story, just the dailys. Seems like the storyline is possibly sent at level, at any rate you can only do it once thru, so...

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 06:58:56 PM

I have stopped doing the story, just the dailys. Seems like the storyline is possibly sent at level, at any rate you can only do it once thru, so...

I was considering this exact methodology, as the higher tiered rewards for the storyline are ridiculous.  That said, does anyone know if the inventory is shared?  That may be the reasoning behind the tiered storyline.  Run it again on an alt, etc.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 11:15:25 PM

Agrocite is a bitch. That is all.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 08:04:51 AM

New update is alright. Puttin out 20 crew runs is swell, means during sector battle you can have 40 crew runs going. If you have that many folk.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 08:27:33 PM

I gave the game up after max lvl. Became too grindy.  I dunno, maybe I'm playing it wrong.
The sector battle part of the game is a huge disappointment.  I'm not even really sure the point of it except to just gain more creds to buy more gear...  just so you can do the same missions over and over at a higher difficulty.  To gain more gear.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:21 AM

The Grind Awakens.

You can now unlock Force powers and eventually find a lightsaber. I'm not sure how that all fits in with the new canon, but hey...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars: Uprising  
Jump to: