Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  (Read 95663 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #140 on: October 05, 2015, 12:03:03 PM

Key part of that build is having The Flow of Eternity power in your Kanai's weapon slot.  Also, make sure you're using the Sustained Attack rune with 7 Sided Strike, obviously.

For survivability, Binding of the Lost will cover the entire gap between 7 sided strikes with huge damage reduction (if you have Eternity that is).

A good way to get the eternity is to use the cube to upgrade Rare Diabo's.  There aren't that many Legendary Diabo's out there, so odds tend to be pretty good.

Yeah that's the daibo I'm looking for. I've got the Lion's Head fist but that's just a "nice to have" not a CD mandate like the Diabo. I didn't consider the upgrade route because I'm so new to the cube and have been saving to strip powers out. I'll get some mats up and give it a shot tonight. Thanks!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #141 on: October 05, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

I posted this before, but again, after playing around with a lot of versions of Ulina's, this still seems to be the best build:

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-ulianas-strategem-seven-sided-strike-build-patch-2-3

You want to slot the Eternity power for Kanai's weapon, because that means you can duel wield Lions Claw and The Fist of Az'Turrasq.  The fist can increase you Exploding Palm damage by 100%, and since that's where all the damage in this build comes from, basically means that power alone doubles your DPS.  Lions Claw combos nicely with that belt I linked above to give you up to 50% damage reduction between your 7 Sided Strikes.

I have that entire build now, and with all my CD reduction skills and Gems, in the middle of combat I can do a 7 sided strike ever 3-4 seconds currently.  Been doing T10 rifts with it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #142 on: October 05, 2015, 12:56:31 PM

That's the exact version I'm going for. Haven't had luck with pieces other than the set dropping, however.  I've got the Lion's Claw & Gundo, and a Talisman of Arnoch, but I' still looking for a Fist, waist and decent rings.

Witout the Diabo and the Fist, that's why I run around a lot. My 7-sided is at about 10 seconds CD, so that's a lot of dodging and praying

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: October 05, 2015, 04:54:36 PM

I'm finding my monk has to do a shitload of running around not dying while waiting for 7sided to come off CD now that I have gundos bracers and ulinayas full set. It's obnoxious but goddamn do things just explode on that cd timer. I'm hoping I can get some survivability gear to drop or at least the Diabo with the 7sided cd reducer.   
A madstone and flow of eternity are what you need in the cube to really make that build shine.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #144 on: October 05, 2015, 11:55:10 PM

Madstone doesn’t actually seem to have much of an effect with this build.  Between the Ulina’s bonus and Gundos, Exploding Palm spreads like wild fire with little effort as is.  While Madstone means more explosions, so more DPS, you’ll find damage reduction is far more important when you are hitting T9/10 rifts.  That’s why using Spirit Guards is recommended instead, since that equals another 40% damage reduction (which is great on top of the 50% you can get with the belt).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: October 10, 2015, 03:24:29 PM

I have somewhat decided that I can't worry much about weapon selection for now, which is why my lv70s are all using 2h weapons instead of something more class-appropriate.  Doing the math over if I can get a dagger+mojo which outdamages the Butcher's axe isn't something I salivate at the thought of.

If you ever see me on (I haven't been much this week), I'm happy to play my WD with anyone else who is looking for gear. I'm down to looking for a couple of ancient Helltooth pieces and maybe still making a few more Helltooth Amulets (although I've made probably a dozen). I shard a lot of WD stuff.

Also if anyone is leveling a new character, I'm happy to level you in rifts.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 10, 2015, 09:47:17 PM

Finally picked this up along with the expansion a few days ago after hearing how good Season 4 was, and soloed a Hammerdin Crusader up to 70 and I'm sitting at like Paragon 80, but stalling out at Torment III. I'm just not sure what avenue to focus on for gearing up, since I need to be shooting for both the new set as well as the two or three legendary weapons most Hammerdins try to go for: Furnace, Johanna's mace, or Skycutter.

I've been alternating between doing bounties for the crafting bits to make Rare > Legendary cube attempts and doing rift runs for keys and Legendary drop chances and GRift runs for blood shards, but it feels like I'm spinning my wheels.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 10, 2015, 10:00:41 PM

The very first thing you should focus on doing is play with f13 people.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 11, 2015, 01:17:58 AM

A rather nice Ancient Scrimshaw dropped and since I fancy giving the bears build a try, I used my sockety thingy.

I'm rather pleased with the results.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: October 11, 2015, 07:30:10 AM

It does take time (or luck); I think I started seeing the drops I wanted between paragon 100 and 200, and Torment 5 was an effort until I got the gear synergy going. 
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 11, 2015, 09:48:30 AM

Finally picked this up along with the expansion a few days ago after hearing how good Season 4 was, and soloed a Hammerdin Crusader up to 70 and I'm sitting at like Paragon 80, but stalling out at Torment III. I'm just not sure what avenue to focus on for gearing up, since I need to be shooting for both the new set as well as the two or three legendary weapons most Hammerdins try to go for: Furnace, Johanna's mace, or Skycutter.

I've been alternating between doing bounties for the crafting bits to make Rare > Legendary cube attempts and doing rift runs for keys and Legendary drop chances and GRift runs for blood shards, but it feels like I'm spinning my wheels.

When I first hit 70, I ran public bounties (T1). I wasn't very fast, but the way they work is that one Act has a bonus, so everyone goes to that Act and tries to complete a bounty. As the bounties are completed, those who are faster go to help those who are less fast. Then the reward gets turned in, and the bonus Act changes, and everyone goes to the new bonus Act to do the same thing.

I crafted myself a Sage's set for the +1 Death's Breath on pickup, and ran whichever Torment level public rifts I could keep up and not die in. Started at T1, then gradually could go to T2, T3, and so on. I continued to run bounties at T1, though, for speed. I did solo Grifts to level gems.

(I also crafted myself a Cain's set but I don't think it was all that helpful).

I used the Death's Breaths to upgrade rares to legendaries, and used extra set pieces with whatever recipe to finish off the set. (Something Nilfur, I think.)

Icy Veins has some good detailed builds with explanations about what works and why - better than the Curse site builds, I think, or at least more complete.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #151 on: October 11, 2015, 07:53:54 PM

400+ death's breath and 5,000+ shards and still no Flow of Eternity. Goddamnit, it's never going to drop.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 12, 2015, 02:25:51 AM

Wait, what ?  That's what you've spent upgrading diabo's ?

The RNG is TRULY fucking you right up the ass there mate.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 12, 2015, 03:33:02 AM

I got tired of my seasonal monk after T7. It was fun but waiting for the CD bored me. I could probably have put my Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac on her to speed up the CD but instead rolled a Barbarian and went Rend/Whirlwind. Good gear drops later and she's a monster - I seem to be able to run permanent Wrath of the Berserker along with permanent Call of the Ancients which is just awesome in grifts. Half the resists of the monk and she rips through mobs at T6 quicker than the monk. It's probably a shitty build but I have fun with it as long as I don't go nuts with rend and starve on fury.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Setanta-1696/hero/67545436

The ancient sword was an agi drop that I had to change to str but last night I had 2 consumables drop so I was able to socket. Happy days. I'd like a furnace to drop and something to cube- I hate running bounties so I don't cube a lot.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #154 on: October 12, 2015, 05:10:40 AM

Wait, what ?  That's what you've spent upgrading diabo's ?

The RNG is TRULY fucking you right up the ass there mate.

Yes it is, and yeah, I know. I know for a fact I've gotten 3 Inna's reach, 4 or 5 Flying Dragon, 4 The Paddle and a bunch of others. No Flow of Eternity. Fucking thing.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 12, 2015, 05:25:59 AM

Well, you have my sympathy.  I've been rejigging for one of my last set pieces and it keeps fucking transmuting into the chest piece. Almost every time.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 12, 2015, 04:55:55 PM

When I first hit 70, I ran public bounties (T1). I wasn't very fast, but the way they work is that one Act has a bonus, so everyone goes to that Act and tries to complete a bounty. As the bounties are completed, those who are faster go to help those who are less fast. Then the reward gets turned in, and the bonus Act changes, and everyone goes to the new bonus Act to do the same thing.

I hit level 70, got 2 paragon points finishing up whatever it was I was doing, and immediately jumped into T6 to shamelessly leech xp.

First group kicked me out a few minutes later, but I was already paragon 30.  After that, nobody seemed to notice I was just tooling around the maps picking up junk and contributing nothing in return.  Hell, as a Crusader I literally cannot keep up with the Barbarians and Monks anyway.  I'm always behind the pack whether I want to be or not.

Random junk, 150 paragon points and keystones from that was enough to go run solo greater rifts and T7 bounties easily.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 16, 2015, 04:53:36 PM

I've decided to challenge myself and see how high I can get a non hammer build crusader.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #158 on: October 20, 2015, 03:15:16 PM

Game really doesn't want to give me a Focus.  3 Restraints so far.  awesome, for real

Once I have that and the fist weapon that does +exploding palm damage, all that's rest will be polishing and going after better rolls.

Since I have a gem of ease leveled and ready to go, is there another class that's has some fun builds for this season?

-Rasix
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 20, 2015, 03:40:13 PM

Game really doesn't want to give me a Focus.  3 Restraints so far.  awesome, for real

I have 1 focus and can't seem to get a restraint :P.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: October 20, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

Once I have that and the fist weapon that does +exploding palm damage, all that's rest will be polishing and going after better rolls.

Since I have a gem of ease leveled and ready to go, is there another class that's has some fun builds for this season?

Barb and WD are the next most powerful and have some good builds.

most often known as Drevik
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 20, 2015, 08:28:24 PM

Found this class while roaming around on the internets

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 20, 2015, 08:49:02 PM

Barb seems to be pretty broken indeed, but I just dont know if I could stand the playstyle.  Just seems to be nothing but holding whirlwind down and twirling to victory.   Unless there is something I am missing it just appears like it would be mind numbingly boring as hell.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 20, 2015, 08:50:58 PM

Small question:  If i do the "reroll legendary" thing the cube offers, do i always get a variation of the same legendary back? And can it reroll to ancient? Cause I would hate to throw one of my fists in there and get a different fist back.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #164 on: October 21, 2015, 02:52:30 AM

I've only done it once because I'm out of bounty material but it gave me the same fist back.  Wasn't ancient but I assume it can be since it doesn't say no ancients like the set reroll recipe does.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 21, 2015, 04:26:17 AM

Small question:  If i do the "reroll legendary" thing the cube offers, do i always get a variation of the same legendary back? And can it reroll to ancient? Cause I would hate to throw one of my fists in there and get a different fist back.

From what I've read rerolling a legendary has a 1/10 chance of it being legendary.

Also, apparently upgrading rares can produce sets and ancients as well.

*Edit*: woops, yeah meant that 1/10 to be ancient :P
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:49:26 AM by KallDrexx »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: October 21, 2015, 04:37:29 AM

lol.  Surely you meant 'ancient' there.

Otherwise, that's not a good deal.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: October 21, 2015, 04:45:57 AM

Small question:  If i do the "reroll legendary" thing the cube offers, do i always get a variation of the same legendary back? And can it reroll to ancient? Cause I would hate to throw one of my fists in there and get a different fist back.

Yes and Yes.

most often known as Drevik
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #168 on: October 21, 2015, 08:38:42 AM

From what I've read rerolling a legendary has a 1/10 chance of it being legendary.

Also, apparently upgrading rares can produce sets and ancients as well.

Can confirm the sets and ancients. When searching for a Flow of Eternity I got several ancient daibo that wound-up DE fodder and the Avena's weapon several times. Fuckers.

(Finally got my Flow by rolling a new Monk and leveling to 29. Got my daibo in 4 attempts.)

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #169 on: October 21, 2015, 08:53:08 AM

Restraint count is now up to 4.  Ohhhhh, I see.  However, that exploding palm fist weapon finally dropped.  Sad part is that it rolled with an uninteresting damage type and it replaced an ancient weapon.

I've started to cube weapons/armor for the achievement, and I've discovered that I really don't like bounties very much. Luckily you don't need too many mats.

-Rasix
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: October 21, 2015, 09:19:39 AM

I can help you run more bounties when I get on tonight.

Finding a Flow (finally!) really helped.  Now to find that fist weapon that will increase exploding palm.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Then... uh... level an ease gem and roll something else?  Probably a WD...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #171 on: October 21, 2015, 10:33:23 AM

I got the fist weapon by transmuting from a rare. It worked far quicker for that than the Flow of Eternity because there's a lot fewer fist weapons in total.

Now I just have to keep rerolling them to tweak. The fist I had was only 1920 dps until I rerolled. Fuck was killing slow.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 21, 2015, 10:58:04 AM

What is the most efficient way to get death's breaths?  Nephalim rifts?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #173 on: October 21, 2015, 11:02:26 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 21, 2015, 11:14:41 AM

WoW, or possibly EQ, term.  DE=Disenchant.  Basically turn it into a crafting material.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  
Jump to: