Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - QUARTER FINALS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - QUARTER FINALS  (Read 18218 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: June 11, 2015, 04:44:57 PM

Congratulations to the 8 teams in the playoffs.

CmdrSlack gets in as lucky loser as Lamaros dropped out.

Play by 23rd June.

Giving everyone 2 weekends - so lets try to make these all happen!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 10:04:28 PM

Avaia, how's your schedule? I can play on any day except the 19-20th.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:56:25 AM

mcknight, what's your time zone? I am in CST.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:00:01 AM

Zee Vampires have advanced, ah ah ah ah. The sidestepping (looks like prancing to me, Bob) elves got out to a good start, stopping my initial advance and scoring their own defensive touchdown on turn 8. However, Nuffle had other plans, and in the second half mounting knockouts and casualties on the elf side of the pitch contributed heavily to two defensive vampire touchdowns, including one off of a blitz/short-kick/vampire catch. The vampires got very thirsty towards the end of the match, failing something around 4-5 blood lust rolls, but it was too late to stop the turn 16 run-in of the winning TD.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:00 AM

Having no bench (I was 10k short!) and having none of the KO'd elves wake up took a toll in the second half, especially as the Vampires had 2 players on the bench.  Took a gamble when setting up with 7 players and *BAM*, well placed kick plus Blitz -> Vampire tying TD!  Then the elves received again and had a shot at victory, but Hypnotic Gaze and solid blitzing locked my receivers down and left me with a desperate 43% pass play at the end... The ball scattered, and those damn Vampires recovered and marched it down field to score on turn 16. The short-elfed defense tried to resist but couldn't quite get at the ball, though a slew of last minute hungry Vampires made it a close call.

Good match!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 01:46:49 AM

Congrats Ingmar.

Three matches left, how are we doing on scheduling?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 01:48:22 AM

Congrats Ingmar.

Three matches left, how are we doing on scheduling?

I haven't been able to get any response from Avaia for the last week so no progress here.  Ohhhhh, I see.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:35 AM

We'll have to try this weekend.
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 04:17:24 AM

I'm GMT but super flexible, I can probably work around you and play evening time CST if that suits ya. Just let me know.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:24:21 AM

I'm GMT but super flexible, I can probably work around you and play evening time CST if that suits ya. Just let me know.

Shot you a PM. My restrictions are a kid birthday party at noonish CST today and a local celebrity chef ramen soup battle tomorrow at 5 pmish CST.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 08:06:22 AM

Shot you a PM. My restrictions are a kid birthday party at noonish CST today and a local celebrity chef ramen soup battle tomorrow at 5 pmish CST.

Also, please add me on Steam. There's like a hojillion mcknights

mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 01:51:09 PM

Just did, let me know on that how things suit.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 04:26:29 AM

Couldn't get a response from Avaia this weekend though I tried both with a private message here on board and with a few messages on steam so not sure when out game will get played (due to timezone difference).
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 04:41:17 AM

we're not playing. i'm also not interested in playing.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 08:24:57 PM

McKnight and I learned today that we're about an hour and 15 mins further apart than we thought.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 06:18:48 AM

We played the game almost to the end but unfortunately there was a disconnect so we need a reset. "Luckily" the result was clear so you can give Avaia the win.

My favorite statistic of the game: go for it 5/11 45% (the dwarves managed to fail over half of their go for its!)  why so serious?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 07:02:53 AM

Elves got a luck break early in the match when they dislodged the ball from the dwarves and it bounced right to an elf, who ran it in for the score. 

At the end of the half, dwarves attempted a GFI to score, but fell going into the endzone.  The ball went off the pitch and was thrown upfield, where an elf catcher caught it and made a couple of GFIs to go up 2-0 at half, thpugh they were down to 7 players at this point. 

Elves got the kick to start the second, and proceeded to milk a few SPP while dicking around near their endline.  A few turns later, they broke out up the sideline and eventually ran it in on turn 14 (I think) for another score to go up 3-0.

Dice and RNG were very kind to me.  We'll both lose out on a bunch of SPP here - I think the dwarves had 4 injuries, and I had 5 or 6 passes as well.  I'll have to get my ethernet straightened out before the next match.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 11:26:42 AM

Two games played and unless I hear about any more plans to play further in the next few hours  I'm going to advance Satael and Ingmar directly to the final.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 11:44:26 AM

From the sounds of Avaia and Satael's reports, wouldn't Avaia be the one advancing?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 11:55:47 AM

From the sounds of Avaia and Satael's reports, wouldn't Avaia be the one advancing?

Yes, Avaia was leading 3-0 when the game disconnected and there was no way for me to catch up despite bashing his team down to 3 players on the field.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 12:55:18 PM

Um, ok, sorry - I fucked that up then - and I don't think I can fix it.

Ingmar and Avaia, I've opened up another league F13 Season X FINAL

You can join that and play, or join the feeder league and play there, or someone who knows how this nonsense works can tell me how to fix it.

It seems I'm quite bad at this.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 09:31:55 PM

I applied to the FINAL. I think if we did a feeder league game we'd be vulnerable to a tie as the finish.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 01:23:46 AM

That problem exists anyway because you cannot have a playoff with only 2 teams because cyanide.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 07:29:52 PM

I don't know if Avaia applied to it yet but my app to the final thinger is still pending.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 01:25:34 AM

The easiest way I can think of to fix it is to make them play an open league match and, if that is a draw make it a best of <however many it takes until there's not a draw>. The only way to get a knockout game is to make a minimum sized league and put in a bunch of ringers to pad the numbers. Each ringer needs to be from a different coach account though.

Bienvenue a gestion du tournees de Cyanide.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 09:00:14 PM

Avaia and I played; I managed to turn a 2-1 win into a 1-1 tie by misunderstanding the rule for a blood lusted vampire scoring a TD.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 04, 2015, 07:16:03 PM

So who won?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 01:09:43 AM

His team was so trashed after the match that we just decided to call it my win rather than replay, since the odds of me winning in an overtime were probably 90%+ anyway.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - QUARTER FINALS  
Jump to: