Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 7 days to die (server) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7 days to die (server)  (Read 51138 times)
brellium
Terracotta Army

on: March 20, 2015, 05:11:45 AM

I'm looking to put up a 7DTD server (rent), gauging interest...

People here seem to little less douchetastic (in game atleast, the Cute Fuzzy Kitten might go Cpt. Ebolter however) and it would Password locked.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:21 AM

I played this for a couple of weeks a few months back. I might stop in were there a server, but not anything regular.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:13:21 PM

I'd at least give it a shot; I haven't bought the game because I have zero tolerance for random online dickheads breaking my toys. A friendly f13 server would be fun.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:00:36 PM

Been on the fence about trying this. I'd probably give it a shot also at least.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:25:50 AM

I had it for a while and I got it because of the positive comments I've read here and elsewhere. Unfortunately, I couldn't get into it as it looked and felt worse than I expected. I am not saying it's bad, just that the first impression wasn't good and so I got distracted and then forgot about it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 09:56:17 AM

I was close to backing this on KS, but haven't picked it up yet.

f13 servers make everything better.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 11:36:29 AM

If you haven't played it, it is probably worth a look. A weird mix between Day Z and Minecraft, but somehow it works. I am sure it is far more fleshed out and polished than when I was playing around Thanksgiving IIRC.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 06:37:14 PM

I'm waiting for Alpha 11 release.

They're moving to Unity 5 and cleaning up the graphics.

http://7daystodie.com/what-the-hells-up-with-alpha-11/

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 11:57:50 PM

This is 40% off on steam right now, so for $15.00 what the hell. So I'm down if you do the server thing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:06 AM

Fair enough on the Alpha 11 wait, looks like a massive update.

I think I'll snag it on sale because I should get the value out of it, but the timing couldn't really be worse with PoE coming out this week and GTA V a couple weeks later :)
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:47 AM

Server is up, seems to run pretty well.

Send Steam Friend requests to El Biznatchio w/ forum handle.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:39:59 AM

OK sent invite as Veredus
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 02:17:06 PM

I hope you can figure out my cryptic user name.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 02:59:32 PM

I sent a request, didn't see where to include a message. RLDMOTO is me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: March 25, 2015, 03:55:14 PM

Is this actually worth buying? Also, Brellium, just link to your damn profile.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 04:50:41 PM

Is this actually worth buying? Also, Brellium, just link to your damn profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/berylliumdragon/home
 rolleyes

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 05:16:18 PM

You didn't answer the more important question.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 07:29:51 PM

You didn't answer the more important question.
On sale probably, it's early access minecraft with zombies and guns.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 09:13:57 PM

Is the Minecraft part as easy as Minecraft?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 10:31:33 PM

Played a test game, the old lady got a chuckle. Spawned in a wintry area, zombies everywhere. Found a bunch of cabins, but zombies were tearing them up and I had a train following me at this point. So many dead lumberjacks and miners I felt like I was at a hipster party in Reykjavik. The loading screen told me to gather stuff for an axe, so I think I did but I never really had enough time to chill long enough to make one. I hid in a building but the tons of zombies found me, I killed one with a torch but then my torch broke or something, so I ran. I ran so far away.

Then I got to some wasteland and some dogs chased me until they ate me.

My only real complaints were the sounds, I'm pretty attuned to audio and it had that old school Thief thing where it sounds like I'm wearing high heeled boots and all the zombies were making a pretty janky walk sound. Foley ain't that tough.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 03:24:32 AM

Is the Minecraft part as easy as Minecraft?
Well, there's a physics engine so shit will fall on you, it all has to be supported.  But there's no creepers, just zombies wanting to taste your sweeeeet flesh.
Played a test game, the old lady got a chuckle. Spawned in a wintry area, zombies everywhere. Found a bunch of cabins, but zombies were tearing them up and I had a train following me at this point. So many dead lumberjacks and miners I felt like I was at a hipster party in Reykjavik. The loading screen told me to gather stuff for an axe, so I think I did but I never really had enough time to chill long enough to make one. I hid in a building but the tons of zombies found me, I killed one with a torch but then my torch broke or something, so I ran. I ran so far away.

Then I got to some wasteland and some dogs chased me until they ate me.

My only real complaints were the sounds, I'm pretty attuned to audio and it had that old school Thief thing where it sounds like I'm wearing high heeled boots and all the zombies were making a pretty janky walk sound. Foley ain't that tough.
They should be Nazi's up there, but ACK!.

Problem you're running into is it's just you on the server, it's set to generate 60 zombies, 1 person = 60 zombies, 2 persons = 60 zombies.  Those two people will split the zombies between them, that is unless one of them has cleared the local biome of zombies.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 06:11:12 AM

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:05 AM

I was just in a single player game trying to learn the UI a bit before jumping on the server. Didn't have much time to learn the UI, seemed pretty hectic like trying to learn minecraft without a daylight cycle.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:04 AM

Yeah, initial survival is what tends to be hard in this game.  Once you get enough stuff crafted, the equation changes.

Let's be clear:  The minecraft part is nowhere near as easy as minecraft.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 09:35:58 AM

I was just in a single player game trying to learn the UI a bit before jumping on the server. Didn't have much time to learn the UI, seemed pretty hectic like trying to learn minecraft without a daylight cycle.
Yeah, there's a daylight cycle, it's you pretty much don't want to be outside during the night.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 12:11:32 PM

I know, I meant there were so many zombies where it spawned me that it was akin to spawning into minecraft at night naked.

I went back in during lunch where it had respawned me in the desert and in the car there was a pipe or something, so I bashed the two zombies nearby (is there location damage, headshots etc?). Then punched some bushes and whatnot and started to look at the crafting setup. Made an axe and a club. Had to go back to work.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 06:46:37 PM

It's kinda like minecraft in that the learning curve seems pretty steep when you are new, but once you've figured things out arguably the beginning game becomes too easy. For instance, once I had figured out how to make a crossbow with a couple of sticks and the hair off my back things got pretty simple.

But then I haven't played in a few months -- was more or less waiting for the Unity patch. But it might be fun to run around a multiplayer server for a bit.

What are the house rules for this one? Full on PvP? Cooperation and hands off everybody elses stuff?

Honestly, I do lean more toward the latter.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 08:24:13 PM

It's kinda like minecraft in that the learning curve seems pretty steep when you are new, but once you've figured things out arguably the beginning game becomes too easy. For instance, once I had figured out how to make a crossbow with a couple of sticks and the hair off my back things got pretty simple.

But then I haven't played in a few months -- was more or less waiting for the Unity patch. But it might be fun to run around a multiplayer server for a bit.

What are the house rules for this one? Full on PvP? Cooperation and hands off everybody elses stuff?

Honestly, I do lean more toward the latter.
Full PvP, it's pretty much just f13 and possibly a co-worker or two (the one I spoke with pretty much said the same stuff about griefing that everyone else said in this thread).  If you lay down claim blocks your shit is pretty much protected unless you don't bother to log in for a week.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 08:33:54 PM

i don't understand what the fuck I'm doing enough to join a server yet
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 08:43:56 PM

I've got the basic gist, played a while today without zeds. Of course I discovered the map border a little too late, couldn't recover my backpack of stuff...including the rifle I had made, lucking into finding both metal parts. I'll turn on zeds tomorrow and see how it goes, or maybe just jump right into the server.

I will tolerate about zero point zero percent griefing or pking. Your sandbox, but I won't stick around if people are shitting in it.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 08:49:30 PM

i don't understand what the fuck I'm doing enough to join a server yet
Build a crossbow, don't become zombie food.
I've got the basic gist, played a while today without zeds. Of course I discovered the map border a little too late, couldn't recover my backpack of stuff...including the rifle I had made, lucking into finding both metal parts. I'll turn on zeds tomorrow and see how it goes, or maybe just jump right into the server.

I will tolerate about zero point zero percent griefing or pking. Your sandbox, but I won't stick around if people are shitting in it.
This one actually took some thought, I could set it to none. With this group my expectation is if you're getting pk'd you probably did something to deserve it.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 10:24:18 PM

I'm with Sky; I'm interested in playing the game alone-together like Minecraft, but I have no desire to have my stuff broken or to be PKed.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 08:29:59 AM

Code:
<ServerSettings>
<property name="ServerIsPublic" value="false"/> <!-- Should this server register to master server -->
<property name="ServerName" value="Zombie Apocalypse Gangnam Oppa Style"/> <!-- Whatever you want the name to be. -->
<property name="ServerPassword" value=""/> <!-- Password to gain entry to the server -->
<property name="ServerMaxPlayerCount" value="10"/> <!-- Maximum Concurrent Players -->
<property name="ServerDescription" value="F13 and Friends, PvP enabled, aka don't be a douche."/> <!-- Whatever you want the description to be. -->
<property name="ServerWebsiteURL" value=""/> <!-- Website URL for the server -->

<property name="GameWorld" value="Random Gen"/> <!-- Navezgane, MP Wasteland Horde, MP Wasteland Skirmish, MP Wasteland War, Random Gen -->
<property name="GameName" value="Dawn to Dusk"/> <!-- Whatever you want the game name to be THIS CONTROLS THE RANDOM GENERATION SEED -->
<property name="GameDifficulty" value="2"/> <!-- 0 - 4, 0=easiest, 4=hardest -->
<property name="GameMode" value="GameModeSurvivalMP"/> <!-- GameModeSurvivalMP, GameModeSurvivalSP (MP has land protection) -->

<property name="ZombiesRun" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = default day/night walk/run, 1 = never run, 2 = always run -->
<property name="BuildCreate" value="false" /> <!-- cheat mode on/off -->
<property name="DayNightLength" value="240" /> <!-- 40 minutes -->
<property name="FriendlyFire" value="true" /> <!-- Can friendly players damage each other (PvP) -->
<property name="PersistentPlayerProfiles" value="true" /> <!-- If disabled a player can join with any selected profile. If true they will join with the last profile they joined with -->
<property name="DropOnDeath" value="2" /> <!-- 0 = everything, 1 = toolbelt only, 2 = backpack only, 3 = delete all -->
<property name="DropOnQuit" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only -->

<property name="CraftTimer" value="1" /> <!-- 0 = None (instant), 1 = Normal, 2 = Fast (double speed) -->
<property name="LootTimer" value="1" /> <!-- 0 = None (instant), 1 = Normal, 2 = Fast (double speed) -->

<property name="EnemySenseMemory" value="60" /> <!-- Time, in seconds, that a zombie will pursue something that has been sensed. -->
<property name="EnemySpawnMode" value="3" /> <!-- 0 = Disabled 0%, 1 = Very Low 50%, 2 = Low 75%, 3 = Medium 100%, 4 = High 125%, 5 = Very High 150% -->
<property name="EnemyDifficulty" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = Normal, 1 = Feral -->

<property name="NightPercentage" value="35" /> <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->
<property name="BlockDurabilityModifier" value="100" /> <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->

<property name="LootAbundance" value="100" /> <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->
<property name="LootRespawnDays" value="7" /> <!-- days in whole numbers -->

<property name="LandClaimSize" value="7"/> <!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->
<property name="LandClaimDeadZone" value="30"/> <!-- Keystones must be this many blocks apart (unless you are friends with the other player) -->
<property name="LandClaimExpiryTime" value="7"/> <!-- The number of days a player can be offline before their claims expire and are no longer protected -->
<property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/> <!-- Controls how offline players land claims decay. All claims have full protection for the first 24hrs. 0=Linear, 1=Exponential, 2=Full protection until claim is expired. -->
<property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="4"/> <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is online. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 32x -->
<property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="4"/> <!-- How much protected claim area block hardness is increased when a player is offline. 0 means infinite (no damage will ever be taken). Default is 32x -->
<property name="AirDropFrequency" value="24"/> <!-- How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never -->

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="60"/> <!-- Making this number too large (more than about 80) may cause servers to run at poor framerates which will effect lag and play quality for clients. -->
<property name="EACEnabled" value="true"/> <!-- Enables/Disables EasyAntiCheat -->
</ServerSettings>
These are the current server settings.

I don't expect +PvP to be an issue, unless the people I invite (mainly those here) decide to share the private server info, or you guys decide to go Lord of the Flies or some such.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 11:43:47 AM

I didn't mean I don't like friendly fire enabled. But I expect a co-op experience unless we decide to do some pvp later on if things get stale. Like set up two outposts across the map or something. Also, there should be consequences to spray&pray :)

As an example, we have friendly fire enabled on the minecraft server, but creeper explosion damage turned off, so people don't mistakenly (or intentionally, I guess) blow up someone's work.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 05:47:42 PM

I didn't mean I don't like friendly fire enabled. But I expect a co-op experience unless we decide to do some pvp later on if things get stale. Like set up two outposts across the map or something. Also, there should be consequences to spray&pray :)

As an example, we have friendly fire enabled on the minecraft server, but creeper explosion damage turned off, so people don't mistakenly (or intentionally, I guess) blow up someone's work.
I am considering removing dynamite due to, issues.  However, I want to keep things on unless they're abused.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 7 days to die (server)  
Jump to: