Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Worlds of Magic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worlds of Magic  (Read 10602 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 12:33:44 PM

"Reboot/sequel" to this is releasing on Monday. Current owners of WoM (all dozen of us) will get it for free automagically. I am sort of excited- I liked the core of this game, but it needed a lot of polish and balancing. Hoping they unfucked it enough to make it playable.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 03:48:56 PM

Nice. I assume the relaunch is due to the bugs and tons of negative feedback from folks who didn't know the original MoM.

Aaaannd, yep checking the Steam hub that's exactly the case.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: May 31, 2016, 11:28:36 AM

Playing this right now. Holy SHIT it takes a long time between turns. Like 45 seconds. That is borderline unplayable.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: May 31, 2016, 11:37:50 AM

Playing this right now. Holy SHIT it takes a long time between turns. Like 45 seconds. That is borderline unplayable.

Soooooo, you're NOT playing it right now and you're a liar.
WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: May 31, 2016, 12:18:19 PM

I have plenty of time to post between turns  Ohhhhh, I see.

schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 12:49:21 PM

thatsthejoke.jpg
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 12:27:24 PM

Posted a thread about it on Steam, and at least got one of the devs interested and troubleshooting it. Hopefully they can fix it.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 12:44:18 PM

Still looking for a job? why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 08:43:01 AM

I haven't started yet! Today was supposed to be my last day, but they extended me another month when they realized that A) my job takes a bit of expertise and a LOT of tribal knowledge, and B) I am literally the only one left in the company that has a clue how it all fits together. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in a couple of months when things go sideways and the people I trained can't handle it. I will leave them my Paypal address so they can send my consulting fees up front  awesome, for real

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:50 AM

Just stand firm on that. While I left my previous employer rather than your situation the positions required similar tech and tribal knowledge.  They have my cell and have tried to on using personal connection to my former minion to get them out of a bad position. 

The only reason I haven't told them to pound sand is it happens after hours or via text, and since they're my current employers customer I don't want to hurt the relationship. If there was no connection they'd get an invoice for the four hours they've used in the last two months. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: June 05, 2016, 10:47:39 AM

First hotfix/patch made huge improvements to the AI turns. Down to like 5-10 seconds, which I can live with.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Worlds of Magic  
Jump to: