Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:41:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015  (Read 246033 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #980 on: November 24, 2015, 02:49:28 PM

He definitely needs to ask to be released. Pettine is going down with the ship, no sense in Johnny languishing there too. Professional football and Pettine is basically grounding him? Nope. Screw that.

I am all for being critical of Johnny's football prowess, but announcing he's your starter then demoting him to 3rd string because he went to Austin and had a good time? No arrest, no DUI, no crimes... but a few pics and a video of him doing basically karaoke? Fuck Pettine and his bullshit coaching. How about firing your useless coordinators for making a mockery of the season and wasting what little talent you did have. The whole team is a mess and yet you center on this guy? What a joke.   swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #981 on: November 24, 2015, 03:19:16 PM

It's been pretty clear that Pettine has been looking for any excuse not to play Manziel, whether his level of play deserves it or not. Fuck the GM for thinking McCown was going to be any good sort of starting QB option too.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: November 24, 2015, 10:51:25 PM

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #983 on: November 25, 2015, 04:51:49 AM

I wonder if he was being carjacked? Or was he the target of some sort of insane vendetta?

That's a scary situation.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: November 25, 2015, 05:37:43 AM

Miami Gardens... probably an attempted car jacking. But who knows.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #985 on: November 26, 2015, 12:45:46 PM

I don't see how Chip isn't fired yet. That team is 100% hot garbage.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #986 on: November 26, 2015, 12:56:34 PM

I don't see how Chip isn't fired yet. That team is 100% hot garbage.

Firing him on Black Friday seems appropriate. I hope he enjoys USC.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: November 26, 2015, 04:06:03 PM

So much for the cowboys. Hey Jerry, now is the time to call slick Jimmy and get Johnny for cheap.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #988 on: November 26, 2015, 04:30:47 PM

Romos hurt again. Time to tank for the draft.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #989 on: November 26, 2015, 06:01:36 PM

Dear kids, fucking make sure the ball is in front of you when you drop it crossing into the end zone in celebration.

Facepalm

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: November 26, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

Fuck me why did I even bother watching this game? Green Bay needs to fire McCarthy and Capers.

Also, terrible officiating (as usual in the NFL these days).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: November 26, 2015, 08:50:15 PM

Fire. Them. All.

Who is actually good in the NFL now? Especially the NFC.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #992 on: November 26, 2015, 08:51:41 PM

WOOT!

That said, the game was barely watchable. I think Hockule is still standing out on the field trying to find a way to penalize the Bears post game.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: November 26, 2015, 08:59:49 PM

WOOT!

That said, the game was barely watchable. I think Hockule is still standing out on the field trying to find a way to penalize the Bears post game.

He blew the whistle on an offsides penalty that would have been a touchdown for Green Bay near the end of the game so it wasn't a one-sided fuckup. Hell, the offensive pass interference for a "pick" in the first half against Green Bay was probably as atrocious as any stupid penalty in that game.

Officiating has been terrible in every game I have watched any of this season. The flags they do throw half the time are for weird shit that is borderline and they don't throw flags for things that are obvious (like facemask penalties on tackles, I swear in almost every game there is a blatant facemask that is right smack-dab in front of an official and no flag is thrown.)

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #994 on: November 26, 2015, 09:08:57 PM

That PI was bad, no doubt. Watching it live I thought it was a pick, but on the replay - yeah that was bad. But I'll give the winner to the PI on Porter in the 1st for being on the same side of the field as the receiver. Porter then intercepted the ball, but the phantom PI cancelled it. GB's only TD was  the play after that.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #995 on: November 27, 2015, 12:23:45 AM

That PI was bad, no doubt. Watching it live I thought it was a pick, but on the replay - yeah that was bad. But I'll give the winner to the PI on Porter in the 1st for being on the same side of the field as the receiver. Porter then intercepted the ball, but the phantom PI cancelled it. GB's only TD was  the play after that.

Yeah, this. That whole goddamn game was fucking unwatchable. The officiating is consistent - consistently fucking terribad. Porter might have glanced in that dude's direction before picking it and gets called but then the last Green Bay pass in the endzone that Adams totally fucking choked on? If the Porter call and the Jones  "pick" were pass interference, that play was pass interference. It wasn't, of course, but if they were being consistent it would have been. I just don't get this Packers team. Davonte Adams continues to get reps but plays like he has bricks for hands. NOBODY can apparently get open on man-to-man coverage and they can't catch the ball when it's zone. The offensive playcalling is just goddamn odd. Every pass seems to be either a screen, a dump off or a long bomb - there's no 10-15 yard posts, no quick slants. Rodgers should be making the kind of throws that Carson Palmer is doing in that offense and either guys aren't getting open or the OC isn't calling those passes or both. And fuck's sake, the defense. I'd put the Pack's front 7 against anybody but our fucking defensive backfield is a fucking joke. JAY FUCKING CUTLER just pulled it apart like leftover fucking turkey despite not having his leading receiver on the field. And they apparently have had no practice covering the screen because they can't seem to stop one to save their fucking lives.

Philadelphia is just a rolling ball of burning shit. Trade away all your talent and sign 2 big-money players who are in no way suited to your system (Murray and Byron Maxwell). Then proceed to trade for a QB that's demonstrably worse than the one you had and ensure that his backup is Butt Fumble. Who gave this Living Mr. Potatohead control over personnel decisions?

I actually feel bad for Tony Romo. Not the Cowboys because fuck them and fuck Jerry Jones. But Romo is apparently the only guy on that team who can make them competitive and his collarbones now have the tensile strength of wet toilet paper, probably because of all the years he spent getting helmet raped thanks to a shitty O line. Now when he had a decent one, he can't take the hits anymore. And in the NFC, Carolina may be the only good team and I still don't trust Cam Newton in the "big game." But I guess we'll see because they are pretty much a lock for home field advantage in this shitty, inconsistent NFC. I think Arizona can beat them because of how good their defense is, but only if they keep Carson Palmer healthy.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #996 on: November 27, 2015, 08:49:28 AM

Yeah, I gotta admit that as much as I dislike the Cowboys, I have always like Romo for some reason.  That said, the tackle that re-injured the clavicle was pretty mild...if it is that prone to breaking, he should seriously consider hanging it up.  That shit is nothing to play around with.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
WayAbvPar

Reply #997 on: November 27, 2015, 10:50:07 AM

Apparently he told some of the reporters before the game that it was not quite healed but that he was going to try to play with it. I imagine he was trying to salvage the season, and it was possible until he got hurt again. Looking forward to Jerry Jones pissing away a top 10 pick in April!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #998 on: November 27, 2015, 11:17:54 AM

Why waste a pick?  I hear Johnny Football will be available soon!  Oh man I would LOVE for that to happen.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: November 27, 2015, 12:59:48 PM

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:53 AM

Yeah, I gotta admit that as much as I dislike the Cowboys, I have always like Romo for some reason.  That said, the tackle that re-injured the clavicle was pretty mild...if it is that prone to breaking, he should seriously consider hanging it up.  That shit is nothing to play around with.

My feelings exactly.  Romo strikes me as a guy who actually cares about and enjoys the sport.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: November 29, 2015, 09:19:15 AM

He was also at a point in his career a few years ago where he was under so much criticism and pressure, called a choker, etc., where any number of other guys could have just packed it in and settled on mediocrity.  He rose above it, and I think he changed a lot of minds.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1002 on: November 29, 2015, 04:44:08 PM

Oh Pittsburgh you are so terrible.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: November 29, 2015, 04:50:55 PM

Redskins first in NFC East?  Hasselbeck 5-0 in Indy?  Did I mix up my meds again?
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2015, 08:31:18 PM

Gronkowski looks done. Hightower hurt. Welp that's it. Enjoy it folks, the SB ain't going back to NE. fuck this.

Also fuck the refs, especially the offensive pass interference calls on Gronk.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:42:16 PM by Shannow »

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: November 29, 2015, 08:43:52 PM

Gronkowski looks done.

He was walking on it in the locker room, hopefully sprain/hyper extension.

Edit:  awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

Edit 2: awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:07:29 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: November 29, 2015, 09:09:52 PM

Fuck the Patriots. At least I don't have to hear the undefeated season bullshit anymore.

That said, They are still going to win the Super Bowl and I don't care. This season is shit.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: November 29, 2015, 09:28:22 PM

Fuck the Patriots. At least I don't have to hear the undefeated season bullshit anymore.

That said, They are still going to win the Super Bowl and I don't care. This season is shit.

If they have any players left.  Seriously, we've seen in the past that Brady makes nobodies into passable players, but you aren't going to see a team of passable players win the super bowl.  If Gronk and/or Edelman can get back, they have a shot.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: November 29, 2015, 09:39:59 PM

I'll take the loss ALL DAY if Gronk isn't done. Walking in locker room doesn't mean much he looked in pain out there.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1009 on: November 30, 2015, 07:46:43 AM

That Gronk injury could very well be an MCL tear. You better hope it's only a 2-4 week sprain because if they don't have him in addition to all those other injuries, they may well get knocked out in the playoffs. Of course, the NFL product is so shitty this year, they could waltz to the Super Bowl depending on the day. As for the loss, the fucking refs GIFTED that one to Denver. I'm not sure about the Gronk OPI, but the holding in the end zone on that last Denver drive in regulation - that was a Mickey Mouse call if ever there was one. Letter of the law, it was still a pretty weak call. Not being clear to Brady and the Pats about the runoff time with the "excess timeout" was also bullshit. I'm glad the refs got the call right on the timekeeping, but damn you need to make sure the players and coaches understand what it means because I was with the Pats on that one - I thought it meant a clock stoppage too. To be fair, though, the Pats were lucky to be leading in that game as long as they did. Osweiller looked fine but goddamn if Demarius Thomas had not decided to break all of his fingers before getting out on the field, he'd have had a much better day. How the fuck do you get to claim you are a top wideout and get 1 catch out of 11 fucking targets? At least half of those were catchable balls with no pressure from a DB. Five more catches and Denver probably has at least another TD. If I'm Kubiak, the Brock Lobster and Brick Hands are going to be out on the practice field doing a shitload of extra reps this week. Of course, knowing Kubiak it'll probably just be six hours of blocking and handing off practice.

How the fuck did the Steelers give up 5 TD to Russell Wilson? I didn't watch that game but it sounds like I should have. Too bad they lost Jimmy Graham but it's not like they were using him anyway.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: November 30, 2015, 08:07:56 AM

The refs were bad but I'm not so riled up about that. I think Denver just kept coming and the Pats D ran out of steam. People talk about Brady having a good day and yes he did bring them down for the tying FG with no time but through a lot of that game he looked pretty ordinary. How many times they got a TE on the LB outside and then Brady just missed the pass I don't know. I want to say at least 5-6 times. Not having Edelman AND Amedola to play that slot role I think killed them. They couldn't sustain drives and I think that eventually wore the defense out (who were pretty damn good for most of the 3rd and 4th quarter). The dropped punt also gifted points to Denver and those are the sorts of mistakes the Pats usually avoid. Most games are won in the NFL by making less mistakes than your opponent. Would've help to have Hightower out there for the last 3 quarters too (and wtf is wrong with Jamie Collins, does he have Ebola?)

NE still holds home field advantage if they can win out, and if Amendola, Edelman and Gronk are back for the AFC championship game then it'll be fun when the Ostweiler train comes to a screeching halt..:D

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1011 on: November 30, 2015, 08:28:49 AM

Yeah, that punt return should have been either Edelman or Amendola instead of that rookie who totally muffed it. And don't forget, this is a good Denver defense despite the injuries they were dealing with - though whoever that safety was that replaced TJ Ward was fucking terrible. As for Brady, he was dealing with a jumbled up O line (all season), really shitty weather for passing AND 3rd and 4th and 5th string receivers. Even with those issues though, I still think they are the best team in that division. If that game's in New England, I don't expect Brock Lobster to win it.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2015, 08:34:46 AM

Not being clear to Brady and the Pats about the runoff time with the "excess timeout" was also bullshit. I'm glad the refs got the call right on the timekeeping, but damn you need to make sure the players and coaches understand what it means because I was with the Pats on that one - I thought it meant a clock stoppage too.

Yeah, that's probably something that has to be changed, or at least, tweaked. At the very least, don't refer to it as a "time out". Given how bad the reffing has been everywhere, and having been on the shit side of some questionable calls this season, I'm still over the moon with this win.

We had three players go out pretty much at the same time, two of which we know will miss some time. If DT hadn't dropped so many passes, the story of the ned of the game may never have happened. Still having a solid year, but you gatta fight for that ball. Derek Wolfe is having a CRAZY season now that he's back from injury.

I'm looping this for the rest of the day:

Cheer up, Billy: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/671361482463014912

Sounds like #Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski (knee) is unlikely to miss more than one game, I'm told. In fact, he may not even miss that.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:44:41 AM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:20 AM

The answer and the stare he gave the reporter who asked about Gronk's injury in the post game was awesome.

DT had some drops but fuck Chris Collinsworth for killing him every time he didn't come back for the ball, there was no way possible with the time given he could have done anything more on those routes. Jeezus.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: November 30, 2015, 09:25:52 AM

DT has been doing that all season, though. Collinsworth was perfectly valid in calling him out.

beer geek.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015  
Jump to: