Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy]  (Read 94386 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #315 on: January 23, 2022, 11:51:19 PM

Cara Gee is hot. That is all.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: January 24, 2022, 08:49:47 AM

That for sure.

I finally watched the last one and well, yeah, I gotta join the chorus who said that they really mishandled how they fit in the Laconia material. Giving Cara and Xan that amount of screen time was just a damn mistake if this was the last season--it was completely baffling if you didn't know about the books.

I feel like what they could have done was in the 2nd to last episode, as the prep for the final battle against Inaros was unfolding--with none of the Cara and Xan material and Duarte having not appeared so far--you have Inaros talking to Filip and he says something like "I have one more big surprise for the Inners: a taste of their own medicine". Then Filip could say, "What you mean?" and Inaros could say something like "You know the Martians who helped us at the Ring and gave us the railguns? The ones who went beyond to the system they're calling Laconia? I'm going to call them in to help us beat the Inners forever."

Cut to Duarte and his war council. Have him give a five minute "We've done everything we planned: our new warships incorporating protomolecule technology are nearly done, Laconia is developing as we planned. When our research develops enough, I'll be ready to solve the problem of how we rule an empire spanning a thousand stars for a thousand years." Murmurs and nods around the table. Camera goes tight on Paolo Cortazar and he says "On that subject, sir, I have developments to report--we will be ready to give you the treatment soon." Duarte nods and Cortazar gets ready to speak (maybe we see a slide or a something suggesting/mysterious on the display in the boardroom) and then suddenly an aide says "Priority message for you, sir. It's Marco Inaros."

Then we see Inaros grinning and asking for aid--and Duarte turning him down hard, same scene as actually appeared on the show. Back to the boardroom: "Marco Inaros and his enemies are our past. Laconia is the future. Let's see to it."

That's it for Laconia in these six episodes except for Holden worrying about the ship that went Dutchman and some dialogue that clarifies that the railguns inside the Ring came from whomever those guys that helped Marcos were. Especially no Cara and Xan. If they do work out a deal to do the Laconia arc in a sequel series or a final movie or whatever, they can cover Cara and Xan fine then.

I also think the "going Dutchman" death for Inaros was handled pretty poorly--it really needed even two or three more lines of exposition.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #317 on: February 20, 2022, 07:33:34 PM

I thought the ending was fine. A little rushed but I can't really gauge how rushed since I've only read the first two books. Keeping the Duarte plot for all 6 episodes then leaving it dangling definitely makes me think they were trying damned hard to get an agreement on a sequel series and/or movie, and I hope they do. I'm going to miss this show.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: February 23, 2022, 02:55:07 AM

The last episode has some really dumb stuff in it. But ok enough to watch I guess.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 03:05:20 AM by lamaros »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: "The Expanse" by Amazon [Formerly by Syfy]  
Jump to: