Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:19:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Getting a Grill (spinners optional) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting a Grill (spinners optional)  (Read 9579 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 12:27:14 PM

I have the enamel coated cast iron grates on my Weber Genesis and they are awesome. The only place the enamel is peeling is on the outside corner where it sits on the grill base. The enamel cooking surfaces are still in perfect shape even after using a stainless steel grill brush for years.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:21 PM

I have cast-iron grills on mine and love them. But I'm a gas pagan for now. I like not running the stove/oven in the summer, so the convenience works for me. I want to get a good setup for the weekends and special occasions, but I grill almost daily so that's way too much overhead in time and maintenance.

Also, brass burners are supposed to be a thing. I've got a lifetime warranty on my burners and the next year model had steel with 3 yr warranty.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 02:52:52 PM

The enamel coated cast iron grills on my Weber gas grill have held up quite well over the 5 or 6 years I've had it. 
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #38 on: March 13, 2015, 06:33:52 PM

The enamel coated cast iron grills on my Weber gas grill have held up quite well over the 5 or 6 years I've had it. 

Last grill was like this and grates were fine when I gave it to my brother in law.  Weber Spirit iirc.  Followed the seasoning instructions to the letter (wash, oil, burn at 400 degrees or something).

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Getting a Grill (spinners optional)  
Jump to: