Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Shadow of Revan. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadow of Revan.  (Read 62676 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 19, 2015, 09:00:41 AM

Personal instances ?  What ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: January 19, 2015, 11:30:26 AM

I signed up for this and a two month card. It's way different when you open it, but you can fix it fast. The only thing I don't like is how much gear they throw at you twice in a row. You basically upgrade, and then immediately replace it.

Oh and huuuuuuuuge pet peeve. Personal instances. Such bullshit. They've made duoing less fun.

Yeah we were unhappy about the storyline instances this time around. There aren't a ton of them but it's annoying for sure.

Ironwood: the storyline instances on the 2 new planets are now treated like class story instances are when you have 2 of the same class.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 19, 2015, 12:26:27 PM

swamp poop

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 19, 2015, 01:26:39 PM

Ironwood: the storyline instances on the 2 new planets are now treated like class story instances are when you have 2 of the same class.

Can you still duo them if you use different classes, like the original storyline missions?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 19, 2015, 01:30:22 PM

No it's essentially treating it like everyone in the game is the same class - you have to do them twice (once for each character) if you do them together I think.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #75 on: January 19, 2015, 01:41:35 PM

No it's essentially treating it like everyone in the game is the same class - you have to do them twice (once for each character) if you do them together I think.

Oh but you can't. If you elect to do one, you can help the first guy. But after that? The guy you helped is locked out of yours because he can't repeat it.

It's fucking horseshit for no reason.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 19, 2015, 02:01:55 PM

That does all smell like enormous bullshit.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #77 on: January 19, 2015, 02:09:30 PM

It's honestly like they don't want people to help because they tuned the STORY MODES for single person encounters.

Nevermind the fact that literally every time you meet a bad guy in a story mode, this happens:

BAD GUY: I've got a death warrant on 20 systems for being a badass, you have no chance.
ME: I've heard this a lot.
BAD GUY: Insolence! I'll show you!

Bad guy defeated in 10 seconds because all our gear was upgraded in the prelude.

BAD GUY: HOW?Huh?
ME: Just give me the bear asses please.

Second pet peeve: They actually have wow style quests now. No voice, no diagloue, just a guy standing there with an accept button on "Go kill these guys."

The whole point of this game was to get away from this shit. I paid $20 for this. Don't do it.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: January 19, 2015, 02:13:56 PM

I think the reason they're like that is less because of balance tuning stuff and more because of how they decided to do the *actual* personal story quest bits, they trigger from within the expansion plot mission, so it wouldn't work right if everyone was in together. Why they didn't just trigger them with a holocall outside the instance is an open question.

Re: the "no dialogue" quests - I like these better than the terminal quests that have been the filler in previous sections frankly. These at least still have some voice acting associated with them, some of which is kind of hilarious. If you're not hearing them talk something's wrong, they have stuff to say both on accepting the quest and turning it in.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #79 on: January 19, 2015, 02:19:44 PM

I guess I don't notice it because there's no cutscene and I'm on voice coms talking.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #80 on: January 27, 2015, 09:18:16 AM

OK so we finished the 55-60 leveling in like 10 hours. It takes no time at all. Leveling at the top end has become stupid easy. I guess they want to shuffle you into operations, but I have no desire for that in this game.

So instead, we're leveling up our other 50 toons, then starting over a new set of toons to level 1-50+, which is where the real core of the game shines. Honestly, if they had just stuck with the formula of creating awesome leveling story content, and shoved everything else to the side? This game would be playable for years. But raids and bad dungeons are cheap to create and the game never got full traction after release.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #81 on: January 29, 2015, 09:07:20 AM

Anybody still playing this besides me? I'm wondering if there's a good way to gain levels after the main playthrough of Makeb, it seems to leave me at 53 on my toons with 2 levels to gain, and dailies there for Republic are awful.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #82 on: January 29, 2015, 09:50:59 AM

I'm ostensibly playing. An old friend of mine said he plays, so I re-upped but he hasn't texted me back to set up game times.

My highest character isn't done with Makeb and hit 55 no problem, I don't run dailies and whatnot. Dunno. He did do some raiding during one of the events, so that might've bumped him up some.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 30, 2015, 11:44:13 AM

Anybody still playing this besides me? I'm wondering if there's a good way to gain levels after the main playthrough of Makeb, it seems to leave me at 53 on my toons with 2 levels to gain, and dailies there for Republic are awful.

CZ-198 dailies are really easy and should be doable at 53. Oricon would be harder but you could probably duo it if your buddy is available. Also there should be tactical FP pugs happening for Kuat Drive Yards I would think.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Shadow of Revan.  
Jump to: