Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:27:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Summer 2014 Roadmap 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer 2014 Roadmap  (Read 29470 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 07:47:38 PM

Fuck me, Galactic Starfighter EXP and Credits are indecent.
Win or lose, I got more of both than doing quests.
Stopped queueing once I realize if I kept doing this the planet quests might turn grey.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: June 25, 2014, 07:32:44 AM

Assassin is probably my favorite solo class, and it's really nice for small groups. The Powertech was pretty badass for both, but for solo it made things a much longer slog and was much more sensitive to group composition. Assassin solo was all about splitting up encounters and sneaking past things. Very much like an eq necro!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:56 AM

Just don't take Deception skill tree. That one is total ass.
I respec'ed to madness at lvl 20 and finally started having fun.
Also ditched Khem Val and picked the Heal Droid. Yeah the one that doesn't have any weapon proficiency, just fires kolto and punches mobs.
He's more useful for Assassins who prefer to go all out on Lightning Charge stance and let the single target dps explode.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:46 AM

That has not been my experience. I've been trying to gear up a couple new mates, but Khem still tends to be the most effective. Against a really tough mob or something I can't easily break up he'll usually go down before the fight is over. But it's still a low-downtime, high effectiveness build (just dismiss and resummon to heal Khem). I don't have it at my fingertips because I haven't played in a while.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 11:47:07 AM

Basically the soloing combination that will allow you to manage the hardest stuff is any of the tank specs + healer NPC. I find that unless I'm soloing a hard heroic or fighting a champ or something for fun, it's best to put the NPC healer into dps stance and turn off the channeled CC ability as well. Treek in healing stance is probably the best straight-up healer, if you pick her up, but won't do as much damage as your class healer NPC in damage stance.

They're all pretty effective; I tend to prefer the JK/SW and trooper/BH gameplay-wise over the Assassin/Shadow, mostly because I don't like having to keep an eye on whether my dark ward/rock barrier thing is up, and between leaping and pulling I'd rather have leap (trooper gets both.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 12:38:05 PM

Yeah, the Powertech+Mako was pretty much a meat grinder, and having both leap and pull is really nice.

I think my next trip through might be my Juggernaut. I just enjoy the tank/healer combo as you say (insert gripe about being limited in companions/story).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 02:29:54 PM

Juggernaut gets their healer a lot earlier than the assassin, if nothing else.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 07:30:01 PM

Can't ram people in Galactic Starfighter.
Much disappoint.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Summer 2014 Roadmap  
Jump to: