Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Alpha House 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alpha House  (Read 1097 times)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

on: February 25, 2014, 10:15:26 AM

Alpha House is an Amazon produced and distributed sitcom written by Gary Trudeau and starring (among others) John Goodman. I'm honestly suprised there isn't a thread about this already.

The basic premise of the show is following the careers of 4 Republican senators who happen to share a house in DC. We've got the good ol' boy that don't take politics too seriously (Gill John), the black economic right winger (Bettencourt) the prissy, sexually ambigious Mormon (Laffer) and the addition of a young Latino 'New Hope' (Guzman) in the first episode. The whole thing is a pastiche of the kind of shit people in politics in the US do and think, there's lots of elements of politica realists going up against ideologues or old fashioned politics butting heads with modern metrics approaches. This is combined with some really charming characters and great acting, if you're familiar with US politics you'll get some of the references and even if you don't there's plenty of other comedy and jokes.

It's played lightly, the characters are the believable side of pastiche and they're all fairly likeable. I'd seriously recommend giving this one a go.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Alpha House  
Jump to: