Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2018, 12:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread  (Read 43174 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #315 on: June 27, 2018, 06:24:43 PM

Kid was asking for ARK. Noticed that it had the most hours played among my friends, so bought everything that was on sale. Does anyone still play it? I haven't bothered yet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Who the hell taught you how to write? Fuck, that sentence is like internet transmitted face-attacking knives. Jesus. schild
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: June 27, 2018, 07:49:55 PM

Kid was asking for ARK. Noticed that it had the most hours played among my friends, so bought everything that was on sale. Does anyone still play it? I haven't bothered yet.

A buddy of mine was playing it on XBox and lost his shit when they collapsed a bunch of servers and basically deleted all of his progress in the process.  I tried to warn him because early access, but yeah.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
schild
Administrator

Reply #317 on: June 27, 2018, 07:59:41 PM

The original Lumines is the best puzzle game since Tetris first released, though Grandmaster is the best iterations of Tetris.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #318 on: June 27, 2018, 09:09:35 PM

I've had a lot of people suggesting it because I like stuff like 7 Days to Die, but watching some youtube plays I'm not sure. Took it off the wishlist after this past round of purchases, along with a couple others like The Forest.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: June 27, 2018, 09:48:50 PM

I tried to get into it but just couldn't. Too dickpunchy to play solo by default, too many sliders to try to get decent solo balance right. And fuck playing with internet randos.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #320 on: July 15, 2018, 01:36:18 PM

Slay the Spire is on a 37% discount.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #321 on: August 08, 2018, 12:13:44 PM

So a friend gifted me $30 and I bought No Man's Sky with it.  I tried for two days to get it to launch with no luck.  I refunded it and now I got me some $30!  Yahoo! But it's on Steam so I'm limited.  I was thinking of getting Project Gorgon.  It seems to be Skyrim but in an MMO.  It has great reviews so far.  It's very retro looking which I don't really mind.  There is basically no real Pvp, though, and eventually you can solo everything including dungeons.  It LOOKS fun but I thought I would check to see if anyone has played it and if they reccommend it.  I really can't afford to buy expensive games that I'm not going to play, even if it's someone else's money.  ;p

Actually, I just watched a short video on this game and it appears to be Asheron's Call with all the mod cons!  Not a totally bad thing.  Maybe.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:19:53 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #322 on: August 09, 2018, 09:55:04 AM

Maybe no one has tried this game.  Maybe I'll be the first.   ACK!  I hate being the first.  I'm much more comfortable with last.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:25 AM

Alas, no advice.  Let us know how it goes.  awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: August 09, 2018, 11:10:48 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #325 on: August 09, 2018, 06:48:41 PM

I rolled my eyes so hard at you, Sky, that I broke my eyeballs.  Now they just hang there.   swamp poop

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #326 on: August 09, 2018, 07:29:19 PM

So a friend gifted me $30 and I bought No Man's Sky with it.  I tried for two days to get it to launch with no luck.  I refunded it and now I got me some $30!  Yahoo! But it's on Steam so I'm limited.  I was thinking of getting Project Gorgon.  It seems to be Skyrim but in an MMO.  It has great reviews so far.  It's very retro looking which I don't really mind.  There is basically no real Pvp, though, and eventually you can solo everything including dungeons.  It LOOKS fun but I thought I would check to see if anyone has played it and if they reccommend it.  I really can't afford to buy expensive games that I'm not going to play, even if it's someone else's money.  ;p

Actually, I just watched a short video on this game and it appears to be Asheron's Call with all the mod cons!  Not a totally bad thing.  Maybe.

People love Project Gorgon.

Husband-and-wife dev team. She worked on Asheron’s Call 1, Asheron’s Call: Throne of Destiny, EverQuest II, and EverQuest II: Echoes of Faydwer. He worked on Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, and Star Trek Online.

One of my Aussie guildmates has played the hell out of it. He kept updating us from his early days to becoming a high level player. Here are his tips, which he warns may be spoilers to some:

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #327 on: August 09, 2018, 09:23:47 PM

I did get the game and I like it so far.  It's easy to get distracted so I'm still in the tutorial area.  I haven't decided on what I want to be so I've just been punching things to death.  It works!  I love punching.  Anyway, I'll be skipping along punching stuff and suddenly it tells me I can skin stuff... or do autopsies... all sorts of things just kind of happen.  You can even level up dying... which I'm getting be awfully good at.  Thanks for the info and the spoilers, Tale.  I might need them eventually.  Like tomorrow.  :p  I was wary because it's in early access but I'm glad (so far) that I got it.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: August 09, 2018, 10:15:57 PM

I did get the game and I like it so far.  It's easy to get distracted so I'm still in the tutorial area.  I haven't decided on what I want to be so I've just been punching things to death.  It works!  I love punching.  Anyway, I'll be skipping along punching stuff and suddenly it tells me I can skin stuff... or do autopsies... all sorts of things just kind of happen.  You can even level up dying... which I'm getting be awfully good at.  Thanks for the info and the spoilers, Tale.  I might need them eventually.  Like tomorrow.  :p  I was wary because it's in early access but I'm glad (so far) that I got it.

You can also eventually play as a cow.  Oh, and watch out for the first boss on the starter island, Big Head or something.  He can curse you with a permanently large head that leaves you unable to wear helmets.  The only way to remove the curse is by defeating him.  You will definitely know when you're close to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8TNbKDYBTE

Shame Is a component of the Discount - k3b2h3g46c0a
Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things. - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #329 on: August 10, 2018, 12:06:29 PM

Oh, and watch out for the first boss on the starter island, Big Head or something.  He can curse you with a permanently large head that leaves you unable to wear helmets.  The only way to remove the curse is by defeating him.  You will definitely know when you're close to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8TNbKDYBTE

I wish you had told me that earlier.   ACK!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: August 10, 2018, 01:18:40 PM

I rolled my eyes so hard at you, Sky, that I broke my eyeballs.  Now they just hang there.   swamp poop
I was going to post some smarmy gif but it's not a good idea to google dangling eyeballs.

So I guess we're even?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam (temporary) deals - the thread  
Jump to: