Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2014  (Read 377630 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1295 on: December 17, 2014, 09:19:24 AM

I'm sure he's still available.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1296 on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:46 AM

Cutler's also getting sacked like mad.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1297 on: December 17, 2014, 10:38:01 AM

obnoxious when their team is good.

This is true for fans of all teams though

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1298 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:48 AM

obnoxious when their team is good.

This is true for fans of all teams though

Did you not read the "around here" part? I could give two shits about the level of obnoxious that Cowboys fans in Austin act like total cocky fucks when Dallas is good as I don't live there. Living where I do I hear all kinds of "Why aren't you as excited as I am that 'Da Bears' are the bestest ever?!?!? You live in Illinois don't you?" when the Bears are winning more games than they are losing.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1299 on: December 17, 2014, 11:51:15 AM

Pff, there are no Cowboys fans in Austin.  The Longhorns could take them any day of the week.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1300 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:30 PM

The best part of living in Atlanta is the fans are beaten down by the fact that they suck. Like when the teams are good they are always waiting for the anvil to hit them in the head. Because except for one season in 1999 when they made the Super Bowl, it always happens.

That means that I rarely have to deal with the truly loud and obnoxious bandwagoning, or I can at the very least chuckle at their hubris when the team gets drubbed by 20+ in the playoffs, in their house, by Aaron Rodgers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:13:02 PM by Paelos »

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1301 on: December 17, 2014, 12:20:44 PM

The best part of living in Atlanta is the fans are beaten down by the fact that they suck. Like when the teams are good they are always waiting for the anvil to hit them in the head. Because except for one season in 1999 when they made the Super Bowl, it always happens.

That means that I rarely have to deal with the truly loud and obnoxious bandwagoning, or I can at the very least chuckle at their hubris when the team gets drubbed by 20+ in the playoffs, in their house, by Aaron Rodgers.

Cleveland...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1302 on: December 17, 2014, 12:46:29 PM

Being a Packer fan in Vikingland isn't fun. They are obnoxious whether or not they are winning or losing. They hate the Packers so much that they will rub a playoff loss in my face, even though the Vikings are terrible. Thank god they have been terrible basically since I moved here or otherwise it would be worse.
Terracotta Army

Reply #1303 on: December 17, 2014, 06:45:10 PM

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1304 on: December 17, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

As a Broncos fan, allow me to  awesome, for real

Looks like Jake the Snake got the last laugh.

Oh, how I miss Bronco Jesus

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1305 on: December 17, 2014, 07:37:57 PM

The OC calling out buyer's remorse over Cutler might just be the unprofessional thing he could do in the NFL. It's amazing the guy wasn't instantly fired.

OC's and QBs are supposed to be tied at the hip. If that's not even the case there, that organization is ridiculously fucked up. Washington is in a similar boat.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1306 on: December 17, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

His QB is Cutler.

I would be pissed too.

Oh wait, I was.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1307 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:00 PM

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Clausen...

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I'm dying over here. How fucked up does your locker room and your organization have to be to start Clausen? I mean, do they actually think he'll be a long term option? Enough that they start him in a meaningless game to maybe see if he's worth starting next year? It makes no sense whatsoever to start Clausen.

I'm just going to say an extra prayer of thanks tonight for Aaron Rodgers continued health.  why so serious?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1308 on: December 17, 2014, 10:21:08 PM

They'd probably be better off having Matt Forte run some sort of Georgia Tech style triple option.  I'm surprised Clausen is still in the league.  He's like a poor man's Mark Sanchez.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1309 on: December 18, 2014, 06:43:50 AM

His QB is Cutler.

I would be pissed too.

Oh wait, I was.

You can be pissed. You don't tell the MEDIA.

Terracotta Army

Reply #1310 on: December 18, 2014, 07:49:34 AM

I really can't see how Clausen is going to do anything better than Cutler. The defense is still going to give up ~4 touchdowns a game and the offensive line is still going to be a sieve and won't be able to run block so the Bears are still going to be playing from behind and having to abandon the run early.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1311 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:24 AM

Clausen isn't going to be better, this is just Trestman giving the middle finger on his way out the door.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1312 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

Whether or not to fire Kromer was Trestman's call supposedly, and the fact that he didn't do it seems to have pretty much killed any lingering belief in the coaching staff for me, and most other Bears supporters as I can see. Mel Tucker, Kromer and Trestman will all be gone at the end of the season.

It's pretty clear that the coaching staff is the problem, not Cutler. How you fuck up an offence loaded with this much talent is simply baffling.

I still have some faith in Phil Emery though; hopefully we can get a new coaching staff in and start turning things around.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1313 on: December 18, 2014, 03:25:38 PM

Bad coaching aside, Cutler is not worth the money he was given.

He's Favre without the upside.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1314 on: December 18, 2014, 03:30:49 PM

It's pretty clear that the coaching staff is the problem, not Cutler. How you fuck up an offence loaded with this much talent is simply baffling.

What's more baffling is that this is the same offense that put up such massive numbers last year, with and without Cutler, with mostly the same offensive talent.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1315 on: December 18, 2014, 04:18:29 PM

Bad coaching aside, Cutler is not worth the money he was given.

He's Favre without the upside.

Almost every QB that gets paid isn't worth the money anymore. The contracts are beyond inflated at that position. Unless your name is Brady, Peyton, or Rodgers, I wouldn't pay anyone $20M year. Matt fucking Ryan is making that kind of money and it's patently absurd.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1316 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:30 PM

Flacco got how much money? I mean, I've only seen one Bears game this season, but blaming that on one player is retarded.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1317 on: December 18, 2014, 05:24:28 PM

Flacco got how much money? I mean, I've only seen one Bears game this season, but blaming that on one player is retarded.

Agreed, Cutler is not that bad of a QB. He's done more than enough to make them a contender on a wretched defense. They need to look at that side of the ball, and their shittastic coaches as the main culprits.

Chicago is dead fucking last in points given up. I mean how do the fans not try to shoot the coaches in the streets, given that Chicago used to be known as a hardcore defensive team. Like you didn't just waltz into Soldier Field and expect to leave unbloodied. Except now everyone is scoring on them like empty net night in Edmonton.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1318 on: December 18, 2014, 05:31:52 PM

Yeah, and it happened almost literally overnight. Lovie Smith's teams all had defenses that were at least top half of the league - just really shitty offenses that either couldn't score or could score but couldn't protect the QB. Trestman came in and the offense kept Cutler clean and they scored points, but their defense turned into the JV at the local Juco.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1319 on: December 18, 2014, 09:33:13 PM

Almost every QB that gets paid isn't worth the money anymore. The contracts are beyond inflated at that position. Unless your name is Brady, Peyton, or Rodgers, I wouldn't pay anyone $20M year. Matt fucking Ryan is making that kind of money and it's patently absurd.

So? We're talking about Cutler here. Who gives a shit about anyone else.

Cutler is not great. He's not bad, but he takes far too many risks that don't pan out and he's not a leader.

Like I said, he's Favre without the upside. He's a complete shitbird.

I'd rather have Alex Smith than Jay Cutler, even if the pay was the same.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1320 on: December 19, 2014, 05:46:42 AM

You're a Denver fan, so you might be biased against him instead of looking at the fucked up situation that was your team at the time he was there. I don't know.

Cutler's completing 66% of his passes while being under siege this season. He's had more TDs then he's ever had in his career, and he's missing a game. He's at 31, which in many cases for NFL QBs can be considered a prime. Arguably the last two seasons have been his best, and could be better with some actual offensive line help.

You say he has no upside, I completely disagree. He is a shithead, that's true. Newsflash, Peyton Manning can be a shithead. Tom Brady can be a shithead. Quarterbacks in general are arrogant, obsessed film studying shitheads who just don't care about much else than football. The best ones just know how to play media games. Cutler is abysmal at that.

The difference is that Cutler has nothing in the trenches on either side, while a guy like Russell Wilson, Carson Palmer/Drew Stanton, Stafford, and Smith can get bailed out by the fact they have outstanding defenses. Cutler can't. If he makes a mistake it's going for six eventually if not immediately.

Would I rather have Alex Smith? Absolutely not, I'm certain of what Alex Smith's ceiling is. You're looking at it right now. The situation can't get better for Smith than KC, and they STILL struggle to make the playoffs or win in the playoffs because Smith is average as grits and completely uninspired. I'm positive if Jay Cutler is on KC, they are at least 1-2 wins better right now, simply because I don't think Cutler would have had a 45 passer rating against a garbage Tennessee team with those assets. Even at his most god-awful this year that got Cutler benched, he didn't get that low.

Smith also posted a 65 passer rating against SF. Cutler went for 119 rating and a win. Cutler's better. With assets he'd have that team in a playoff lock.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1321 on: December 19, 2014, 07:53:47 AM

Isn't Alex Smith the guy who hasn't thrown a single TD to a wide receiver yet this season?

And Cutler's appearance on The League was at least entertaining.  Not as much as either time Antonio Gates was on, but Cutler was alright.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1322 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:05 AM

I've been riding Cutler in Fantasy all year to a top 3 position in my league. Now I get to start Eli.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1323 on: December 19, 2014, 09:16:55 AM

Its frankly scary how few players there are that can actually play the quarterback position with any skill. You might say Cutler isn't good, you might call him average, but when you look at the alternatives for teams that don't have Brady, Rodgers, P.Manning, or Luck, there's not a whole lot better, but there is a whole lot worse. As a Bears fan I can't think of a whole number of QBs I'd take over Cutler, who aren't the four I just named; Rivers, Wilson and Brees maybe, but that'd be it. I'd keep Cutler over Flacco, Dalton, Smith, Manuel, Newton, Kaep, Ryan, and all the rest.

The Bears need a new coaching staff; the defense isn't irredeemable, it just needs some love and work. There's some decent hope for the future along the D-Line and in the Secondary, but our linebackers are just a hot mess right now, and our depth is dire.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1324 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:51 AM

Meanwhile, Andrew Luck has almost as many turnovers as Cutler does this year and no one's talking about benching him.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1325 on: December 19, 2014, 09:49:03 AM

Meanwhile, Andrew Luck has almost as many turnovers as Cutler does this year and no one's talking about benching him.

BECAUSE HE'S MADE OUT OF MIRACLES AND HAPPINESS AND BEARD SHUT UP

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1326 on: December 19, 2014, 09:49:57 AM

And they are winning.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1327 on: December 19, 2014, 10:02:13 AM

Alex Smith hasn't thrown a TD to a wide receiver all season. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if he was throwing to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey, that number would be north of zero. Cutler has a ton of offensive talent around him (almost none of it is on the offensive line, though). He's throwing TD's. He's also throwing INT's. Alex Smith would have less TD and less INT's and they'd probably end up about even in terms of record on the Bears because HOLY SHIT is that Bears' defense so fucking terribad.

Luck doesn't get criticized because he seems like a decent kid and he's winning without a running game and with a defense that's inconsistent and only good because of the coaching staff and defensive scheme. That team has the Frankenstein corpse of Reggie Wayne and a young guy named T.Y. Hilton to throw to and no threat to break a run more than 3 yards a snap. But he's also just not a fucking doucheface like Cutler.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1328 on: December 19, 2014, 10:35:43 AM

But he's also just not a fucking doucheface like Cutler.

This is the rub. People hate Cutler's personality and his outward image. It has little to nothing to do with his actual game. They still see him as the entitled docksider wearing privileged fratboy from Vanderbilt.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1329 on: December 19, 2014, 10:57:40 AM

Alex Smith hasn't thrown a TD to a wide receiver all season. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say if he was throwing to Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey, that number would be north of zero. Cutler has a ton of offensive talent around him (almost none of it is on the offensive line, though). He's throwing TD's. He's also throwing INT's. Alex Smith would have less TD and less INT's and they'd probably end up about even in terms of record on the Bears because HOLY SHIT is that Bears' defense so fucking terribad.

Luck doesn't get criticized because he seems like a decent kid and he's winning without a running game and with a defense that's inconsistent and only good because of the coaching staff and defensive scheme. That team has the Frankenstein corpse of Reggie Wayne and a young guy named T.Y. Hilton to throw to and no threat to break a run more than 3 yards a snap. But he's also just not a fucking doucheface like Cutler.

Luck's over-rated.  He may wind up as the next Rodgers, but not yet.  Cutler is an average QB with a terrible O-Line.

Also. GO LIONS! 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 57 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2014  
Jump to: