Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (M&B meets Skyrim and OMG steriods) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (M&B meets Skyrim and OMG steriods)  (Read 21274 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 12:15:26 PM

I'm hesitant, only because I'm so used to the mechanics of M&B combat that anything that's similar-but-a-little-different is very hard for me to get used to.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: February 20, 2014, 12:25:03 PM

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,284936.0.html

In the meantime I recommend yall play this Persino Mod on Warband.

It's basically a new map with tons and tons of factions, big and small. More troop trees, more elite troops, better interface stuff, more options on towns, updated battle landscapes, more items, you can sell prisoners to taverns, flip a coin gambling, random events, and weird mounts.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bhazrak
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 20, 2014, 12:59:31 PM

Forgot about this, and glad I decided to check it out as there were 20 minutes remaining. Haven't been disappointed in the things I've backed so far on KS, let's hope this one doesn't change that.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

...Hey look! See? Four years passed by in no time, more wrinkles  adorn our pretty faces, and the game is now released  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ACK!
------

Anyway, as you probably already read elsewhere, game is pretty demanding and framerate is all over the place: I can personally confirm that (playing at at a 1440p resolution, i5-4690k, GTX 1080 Ti , 16GB RAM) infact I have sudden drops from 60-70 to 30 while strolling around the initial town and during cutscenes. A new patch should come out in about two weeks and supposedly improve performance, beside more bugfixing all over the place. Can't really comment on much else, but I like the tabbed interface and the atmosphere as a whole, as well as the realistic approach they took. I engaged in a fistfight, and...well, no, you are definitely NOT Geralt of Rivia by any means  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Codex is great: it's basically a history lesson like you're playing a Crusader Kings II campaign in first person  awesome, for real

And yes, current save system plainly sucks, at least for an "unfocused" gamer like me (not to mention sudden breaks you might have to take).

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:09 PM

I'm seeing that it is absolutely livid with bugs.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 06:51:36 PM

I'm seeing that it is absolutely livid with bugs.

This.  I almost bought it on Steam today, but everything I've been reading states that it's a great game plagued with technical issues. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

It also has a ridiculously stupid save game system.  You have to use a potion, which you buy using in game currency, if you want to save wherever/whenever you want.  You can also save by going to bed.  I'm not sure how easy it is to get gold while playing but the potions take up inventory space, which makes it even dumber.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 07:15:16 PM

I considered picking it up as well, but decided my computer would likely melt playing it and with the state it is in, from watching various streams, it's better off waiting for a 50% off sale.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 09:55:24 PM

I haven't had time to dig into it, but was miffed by the lack of save, that needs to be patched in. Otherwise, it's just not worth playing for me, I'll never get anywhere!

My main gripe is the dialog...they Anglicized everything. Needlessly. Why did they change his name from Heinrich?? Why change bier to ale? But really, it's my massive peeve of making "historical stuff" equate to "old timey English accent and speech pattern stuff" The fuck, man. I tried to keep English subs with German dialog and it was way better but too tough to follow. But the German dialog is much better. I mean, if they had just done a straight translation with Germanic speech patterns and ACCENTS it probably wouldn't bug me. But why the fuck am I in Bohemia with a bunch of English named folks speaking in English accents? It makes no sense, is distracting, and is something that makes me insane in movies.

The game seemed cool tho.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 11:38:56 PM

Yeah, Kickstarted this. But until they patch in a save system I will hold off on installing it. Maybe as a teenager you have the time to play until the game decides to give you a save, but you can't demand this shit from adults.

Edit: Well, I'm at work and can't check if this works, but iI guess it is worth a try.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300472152
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:48:35 PM by Tebonas »
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 16, 2018, 11:36:01 AM

Meh, I'm not giving money to a racist nazi. There's enough games available that financially supporting someone like that isn't a priority.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 16, 2018, 12:41:22 PM

Meh, I'm not giving money to a racist nazi. There's enough games available that financially supporting someone like that isn't a priority.

Huh? Head scratch  I know the developers got some flak for not including any people of colour in the game, but they were going for a more historically accurate game which kind of means that 99.99999% of the people in Bohemia during that time, where the game is set, were white Europeans.  "But the Moors!!!"  The Moors were in Spain, which is like 2000 km from Bohemia.  Unless you're referring to something else because I can't find anything of him showing support to Nazis.  I saw him arguing with some Russian trolls about Ukraine and they were calling him a fascist and a Nazi but I would hardly use them as the basis to make claims about him.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:21 PM

Search better. The lack of people of colour in the game is not why he is shit.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 06:56:26 PM

Search better. The lack of people of colour in the game is not why he is shit.

Upon further examination, I believe you are correct.  His re-Tweets of Donald Trump shit is an indication what type of person he is, and that seems mild compared to some of the other stuff.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 16, 2018, 07:56:03 PM

I hate to break it to you guys, but if shitty political views is a deal breaker for stuff, you may as well move to a cabin in Antarctica right now.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 08:37:55 PM

You are right, but sometimes it feels more personal. I don't want to vote for this guy, I don't want for him specifically to have my 60$. It doesn't fix anything but as you say nothing means anything anymore at this point, hell even voting barely does it (3 million votes in the last us election that basically did not count), but sometimes it feels more direct: today, I don't want this dick face to have my money.

schild
Administrator

Reply #51 on: February 19, 2018, 07:38:33 AM

I hate to break it to you guys, but if shitty political views is a deal breaker for stuff, you may as well move to a cabin in Antarctica right now.

Bullshit, it's really fucking easy to disavow 30% of the population and any business associated with them.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 19, 2018, 07:59:19 AM

Bullshit, it's really fucking easy to disavow 30% of the population and any business associated with them.
Since when did you become such an optimist?
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 19, 2018, 11:28:47 AM

That's crap used to excuse bullshit decisions people make because they can't be assed taking a stand on anything.

There's a world of difference between someone in a dev team having views I don't agree with (which will happen for every single game), and giving money to the lead designer and spokesperson for a game who is an avowed gamergater and  trump supporter and racist.

I know gamers find the notion of not buying something they want impossible to comprehend, but in reality my life isn't going to suffer hugely by not giving this racist shit my money.

EDIT: Just as a highlight, it shows how terrible the games industry still is over these issues. IF this guy had tried to make a film, or a TV programme, or a song about this stuff, it would have been blocked by every major publisher and distributor. No-one would touch it with a bargepole. Yet I log into Steam and it's the promoted game of the day.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #54 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:53 AM

There are way more games that I want to play than I'll ever have time for. I'm fine with not buying certain games, even if they are good (which this one doesn't seem to be), cause reasons.
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 19, 2018, 12:21:55 PM

No idea what he said and too lazy to look up why I should be upset over what someone said over the internet. If you are so upset over what he said just grab a torrent and send the $60 to charity.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #56 on: February 19, 2018, 12:42:53 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: February 19, 2018, 02:28:41 PM

No idea what he said and too lazy to look up why I should be upset over what someone said over the internet. If you are so upset over what he said just grab a torrent and send the $60 to charity.

Or grab a torrent and email Gabe about lax curation and his promotion of this little piece of shit.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 19, 2018, 11:34:18 PM

Or grab a torrent and email Gabe about lax curation and his promotion of this little piece of shit.

Supposedly the intro / tutorial sequence is like five hours long.  I just thought I should include that, for your benefit.

Also, it's amusing that everyone seems to think this game is realistic.  I'd like to point out that the Bohemian idea of what warfare should look like in this period was some medieval Mad Max shit involving armoured wagons and hand cannons.  Whereas this game doesn't even have crossbows, and apparently spears can only be looted off of bandits.  Apparently medieval Bohemia skipped straight past knife-on-a-stick technology.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:45:19 PM by Sheepherder »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:08 AM

That's crap used to excuse bullshit decisions people make because they can't be assed taking a stand on anything.

There's a world of difference between someone in a dev team having views I don't agree with (which will happen for every single game), and giving money to the lead designer and spokesperson for a game who is an avowed gamergater and  trump supporter and racist.

I know gamers find the notion of not buying something they want impossible to comprehend, but in reality my life isn't going to suffer hugely by not giving this racist shit my money.

EDIT: Just as a highlight, it shows how terrible the games industry still is over these issues. IF this guy had tried to make a film, or a TV programme, or a song about this stuff, it would have been blocked by every major publisher and distributor. No-one would touch it with a bargepole. Yet I log into Steam and it's the promoted game of the day.
If I found out notch was eating babies in his basement I would still play the fuck out of minecraft. Just so you know where I stand.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 12:12:55 PM

Yeah, but if you found out before you buy it, would you still buy it?

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:13 PM

There's a world of difference between someone in a dev team having views I don't agree with (which will happen for every single game), and giving money to the lead designer and spokesperson for a game who is an avowed gamergater and  trump supporter and racist.

If I found out notch was eating babies in his basement I would still play the fuck out of minecraft. Just so you know where I stand.

to be fair, Notch is actually a giant fucking piece of shit and I'm not just calling him a fatty

he's an awful human
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:28 PM

Hell yes. And suggest scientists look into how baby-eating led to such an amazing inspiration.

Also, like...is he eating sustainably farmed babies or whatnot.

Anyway, I'm hoping there is a save game patch at some point and a few bug patches before launching into this. I could use the workaround, but I'm playing the game developed by the baby-eater right now.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

Sorry, ALLEGED baby-eater.
schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:57 PM

like, if you're a public person, just don't be on twitter

or make sure you're not a big retard before you get on twitter

it's that easy
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 12:49:40 PM

So the save thing is happening. Too bad it's not a savescum version  why so serious? But still, makes it playable for me. Probably after a point update to fix it, but still.

Patch 1.3 - (upcoming)

This is the patch we are currently working on. It hasn’t been released on any platform yet. It’s mainly focused on bug-fixing as we are studiously going through every player report, watching every stream we can and fixing all the bugs as fast as possible. But apart from these fixes, we are working on the following features: (Which is not guaranteed for delivery in this patch )
Save and Exit functionality
Lockpicking minigame controls improvement on controllers
Pickpocket minigame improvement
Alchemy recipe for respec potion
Many quest-related bug fixes

http://steamcommunity.com/games/379430/announcements/detail/2484169392197739653
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #66 on: February 22, 2018, 09:10:25 PM

did they patch the racism out  why so serious? i wanna stay on my higher horses while playing vidya game.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 03:49:03 PM

I was in Bohemia last week and I saw some blacks and asians.  They were all Americans, but still.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #68 on: March 01, 2018, 04:17:33 AM

Which year did you go to? 1402? 1403? or 1404?
Take a pic so you can shit on Vavra.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #69 on: March 01, 2018, 05:22:10 AM

I'm pretty sure it was 1947.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (M&B meets Skyrim and OMG steriods)  
Jump to: