Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EverJane - The Jane Austen MMORPG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EverJane - The Jane Austen MMORPG  (Read 18081 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 07:26:06 AM

I won't be playing this, as I share Mark Twain's feelings for Jane Austen.

"I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone." (- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 13 September 1898)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 02:30:37 PM

I won't be playing this, as I share Mark Twain's feelings for Jane Austen.

"Oh, I fear that my right to criticize books is lacking, and so I refrain from doing except when their existence upsets my sensibilities. I must confess the urge to criticize the works of Jane Austin rises in my breast, But I fear that her works arouse within me a such a storm of fearful passion that I fear that I could not but offend the worthy and virtuous reader; and therefore I must refrain ere I commence. Every time I peruse her masterwork 'Pride and Prejudice' the passion of digging at the cold clay of the earth to exhume her, and then the diabolical image of ravishing her thing white delicate temples with her Tibia overwhelms my delicate bosom."

Corrected.

Hic sunt dracones.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:18 PM

Players who refuse to be civil to one another will be exiled to a special server called Botany Bay, named after a Regency Period penal colony.

Trolls, meanwhile, will be dealt with. “Conveniently, the UK was just starting to deport people to penal colonies starting in the Regency Period. We will have a server called Botany Bay, as that was the first actual penal colony. This server is for people who don’t want to play by our rules. Anyone can join it, but some people are limited to only playing there. It will be a much more free-for-all environment where our other servers will have much stricter adherence to the Regency rules of conduct.”

http://www.edge-online.com/features/in-want-of-good-fortune-ever-jane/

That's fucking hilarious.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 07:45:50 AM

If I knew more Jane Austen, I could shit out a wicked "Sup, thou" joke.

Alas.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:00 AM

If I knew more Jane Austen, I could shit out a wicked "Sup, thou" joke.

Alas.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be a no life cat-ass powergamer.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 08:06:55 AM

“For what do we live, but to make targets for griefers, and laugh at them in our turn?”

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 08:19:51 AM

You guys are too good.

I've been listening to Use Your Illusion all day.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EverJane - The Jane Austen MMORPG  
Jump to: