Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 481686 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1050 on: July 28, 2014, 08:47:58 PM

WoW: Allowing you to pay for the privilege of playing a walk on part in our story since 2008

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1051 on: July 28, 2014, 09:01:05 PM

Exactly. If I wanted to watch a movie I'd watch a movie. An RPG is supposed to engage you, the player, in the story not pretend you aren't there or say "well if the real hero had gotten here sooner this would have been over sooner".

Someone earlier mentioned Elminster and that's a great example. Suppose your DM dragged the purple bastard in at each pivotal moment in a campaign to wrap things up. How long would you continue with that game runner.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1052 on: July 29, 2014, 12:32:41 AM

But we did beat Garrosh. Olay, we're not getting to kill him but we snapped his (first) Horde in half over our collective knee, curb-stomped his elite guard, broke all his toys, and then kicked the living shit out of him when he was hopped up on purple drank. He lost, and while we were doing this we also disproved his philosophy so strongly that he had to run away to an alternate universe to find anybody willing to listen to him.

Killing him was always going to be either Thrall (finally fixing his own massive fuck up), Jaina (spiralling further down to being the Alliance's Sylvanas) or one of the Alt-Draenor warlords figuring out he was trying to use him and taking his head off. And much as I'm disappointed that alt-Grom's doesn't end up killing his own son, that's where we are.

Also: don't make me go back to the beginning if this thread and quote all the people complaining about how they are bored of fighting Garrosh and they don't want to see him again.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1053 on: July 29, 2014, 04:51:15 AM

I don't want to see him again. I'm glad he dies at the end of the stupid quest content. I think it's just hilarious that after 3 expansions of this fucker no one likes, it ends with Green Jesus finishing him off.

I'd rather they have turned him into a comedy side-villain you beat up over and over across future expansions in filler patches.

"Team Garrosh is blasting off agaaaaaaiiiiiin~"

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1054 on: July 29, 2014, 05:13:33 AM

Killing him was always going to be either Thrall.....

Why?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1055 on: July 29, 2014, 07:12:36 AM

Why?

Because reasons.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1056 on: July 29, 2014, 07:29:06 AM

Restrictions placed by their engine and design.
The game is 10 years old at this point. They had ample time to remove any engine-oriented restrictions (they certainly retooled their engine in many other ways since its original version) which imo reduces that solely to the "by design" category.

And "by design" doesn't mean much in the game which undergoes major design changes every couple expansions.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1057 on: July 29, 2014, 09:48:49 AM

Why?
Because Garrosh was Thrall's fault.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1058 on: July 29, 2014, 10:32:35 AM

Yeah, and PCs never fix other people's problems in games.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1059 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:53 AM

Nope, never*.

*Seriously, Republic, stop building fucking superweapons.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1060 on: July 29, 2014, 10:42:10 AM

I don't get why you guys keep engaging him.  Boredom?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1061 on: July 29, 2014, 10:59:20 AM

I was going to edit something in but you're all being spammy today! Anyway, there's also the detail that Garrosh has pretty much destroyed everything Thrall has ever worked towards since escaping Durnholde: the Horde fractured into pieces, the Alliance was (lore-wise*) about half a step away from going "Fuck it, kill all of them and let The Light sort it out later", Jaina in particular is about one bad hair day from using Dalaran as a colony drop on the first Horde city she sees, the orcs in the Horde had their heads pumped full of racial superiority ends-justify-the-means bollocks and Garrosh himself pretty much showed that ZOMGFELCORRUPTION was at least partially an excuse rather than a reason for Grom's own arseholeism**.

It's like someone pretty much went down a checklist marked "Ways to prove Thrall wrong and wreck his shit" and ticked every single one. Thrall is actually justified in this one, it's just his previous Jesus-Goku bollocks over the last couple of expansions has trained everyone into their first reaction being "Christ, him again?" no matter what.

*Yeah, gamewise never gonna happen. Story & gameplay segregation so DWI.
** See also: Most orcs in WoD are also still warmongering, backstabbing tosspots even without slurping down demon piss. All it took for the Shadowmoon clan (for example) to take a flying leap off the slippery slope, turn their back on generations of tradition and heritage, and start using shamanism to force the spirits of the dead to rise as slaves (i.e. necromancy) was for the Iron Horde ambassadors to turn up and say "We need some results soon". That's not the sign of a peace-loving happy clappy noble savage people.

Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1062 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:26 AM

Nobody wants to see Thrall do anything at this point. Nobody cares. It's comical how they keep marching him out there year after year to eyerolls and hurled tomatoes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1063 on: July 29, 2014, 12:01:31 PM

Nobody wants to see Thrall do anything at this point. Nobody cares. It's comical how they keep marching him out there year after year to eyerolls and hurled tomatoes.

It's that Thrall is Metzen's avatar. They (Blizzard) don't care enough to stop him from producing this fanwank and presenting it as AAA story-lines.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1064 on: July 29, 2014, 12:50:11 PM

Nope, never*.

*Seriously, Republic, stop building fucking superweapons.

As soon as the Jedi start being competent.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1065 on: July 29, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

Okay, I guess Thrall is now going by his "real name" of Go'el and is wearing armor/swinging doomhammer again? lmao

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1066 on: July 29, 2014, 08:44:06 PM

Not a Superman reference at all.  Nope.  Not at all.  rolleyes

Over and out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1067 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:22 AM

The last time I was remotely interested in WOW lore was sometime during Vanilla. Then I stopped caring. I also haven't played this game since some time in WOTLK.

People still care about lore? Does this game have Delorean mounts yet?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1068 on: July 30, 2014, 08:26:22 AM

People still care about lore?

Yes and no. People care about why/who they are killing in the dungeons to a degree. They don't care about novels as a rule. They want to see things happen in game to major characters. They also want credit for killing things instead of having a Mary Sue appear.

Basically they care about shitty lore decisions fucking up their game, not necessarily the lore itself.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1069 on: July 30, 2014, 08:29:25 AM

I don't know, I liked the lore through WoTLK. I cared about the characters and it just seemed interesting to me. I think the setting helped. I was even interested leading up to Cataclysm but it all fell apart there.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1070 on: July 30, 2014, 12:45:12 PM

It's a bit older than that, actually.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1071 on: July 30, 2014, 03:30:02 PM

It's a bit older than that, actually.
And a tad bit more egotistical.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1072 on: August 01, 2014, 09:41:50 AM

Some people get drunk and fight with friends, some people cheat on their spouses.  I got drunk and preordered the expansion.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1073 on: August 01, 2014, 10:00:57 AM

Proof of an abusive relationship? I think so!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1074 on: August 01, 2014, 10:11:10 AM

Some people get drunk and fight with friends, some people cheat on their spouses.  I got drunk and preordered the expansion.

Welp, you're our guinea pig on this one then. Like Miasma is for TESO.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2014, 10:25:20 AM

I miss WoW.  I just know that I don't enjoy it anymore.

It's like missing riding my bike as a kid.  I don't enjoy the gym as an adult.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2014, 10:33:48 AM

SWTOR has been a fun distraction for me for that MMO fix. Plus it's mostly free. I bought a 2 month game card and it just finished up, I got a character to 55, and another to 25.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1077 on: August 02, 2014, 03:59:57 AM

You played SWTOR right, buy a month or two, play the stories and bail out.

They went too far, IMO, in restricting what you can do as a freeper. 

As for Draenor, I kinda want to get it, but I never got MoP so I'm way behind on the power curve and housing is not sounding too great so far.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1078 on: August 02, 2014, 06:51:36 AM

I'll see you all in alt-Draenor within six months, then.  awesome, for real

Oh, and if anyone was still upset about the Alliance not getting their version of an awful bike from that dumb Azeroth Choppers thing - guess what?
http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/15053028

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1079 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:48 AM

Was anyone (here) upset in the first place?

God Save the Horn Players
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1080 on: August 02, 2014, 12:32:03 PM

People here are upset that Blizzard exists, but I was speaking more generally.  smiley

Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1081 on: August 03, 2014, 02:22:21 AM

Heh. I would have had a completely different life if Blizzard didn't exist. My 20's practically revolved around the company and their games.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1082 on: August 04, 2014, 07:25:48 PM

Maybe we're getting this sooner rather than later?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4212-You-re-Invited-to-a-Warlords-World-Premiere-Cinematic-and-Release-Date-on-August-14

The hope is that the release date is "later that week"  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1083 on: August 04, 2014, 07:29:36 PM

I'm guessing October.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1084 on: August 05, 2014, 06:19:02 AM

Since Blizzcon is November 7th, I would guess October as well. If it pushed into late October, I would think they would wait until Blizzcon is over.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: