Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326584 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #700 on: June 20, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

CCO sounds like a good gig.  All you have to do is show up at meetings and drop a few ideas from your "vision".  You don't actually have to work or produce anything and you get to collect a big paycheck. 

Plus if the game fails, it's the fault of the CEO for not getting the business model right.

schild
Administrator

Reply #701 on: June 20, 2014, 10:19:55 PM

I really don't want to talk about every CCO I've ever met. That said, UnSub just described two of them.
dalien
Terracotta Army

Reply #702 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:32 PM

Just when I thought there was nothing left to say about this "project", the rabbit hole gets even deeper.  One of the internet detectives on Rerolled has discovered that the Pantheon forums are being hosted by none other than Requiem, the dude who hosted fohguild.org before it died.  For those who don't know the story behind the death of fohguild, here's the short version:  Requiem was an absentee landlord while his RL buddy Tyen was allowed to run free and use the board for his botnet experiments.  The board got plagued with malware warnings for months and Requiem couldn't be bothered to fix it.  Drama ensued, everyone left.

Anyways, Tyen and Requiem hosting the Pantheon forums means they are basically a ticking time bomb.  Also, if I had to guess they are probably being hosted for free (Requiem hosted fohguild for a decade for free, letting it mooch off extra bandwidth on the other sites he hosts).  Which makes one wonder, what is happening with the donations Brad collects "to keep the website running"?

schild
Administrator

Reply #703 on: June 24, 2014, 01:51:29 PM

Who cares?
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #704 on: June 24, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Show us the coke and hookers or it didn't happen.

I have never played WoW.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #705 on: June 24, 2014, 02:00:39 PM

I keep trying to den all those threads on Rerolled and they keep surfacing.

Like schild says, who gives a fuck.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #706 on: June 24, 2014, 02:53:02 PM

It's kinda like a sad, retarded circle-jerk.  But it's probably best to leave them a thread so they can decorate it with their feces rather than letting them loose in the rest of the play pen.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #707 on: August 22, 2014, 11:35:42 AM

In these contentious days of SJWs and 4chan and tumblr and other internet slap fights, it helps to have something so terrible we can all come together from across the aisles and laugh at as one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYRbp9MoxcQ

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #708 on: August 22, 2014, 11:43:57 AM

In these contentious days of SJWs and 4chan and tumblr and other internet slap fights, it helps to have something so terrible we can all come together from across the aisles and laugh at as one:

When my daughter walks like that, we know it's time to change her.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #709 on: August 22, 2014, 12:00:19 PM

It's like 2001 all over again!  All it needs is a spellbook to stare at. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #710 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:18 PM

In these contentious days of SJWs and 4chan and tumblr and other internet slap fights

I don't have many posts, but I checked today and realized I have more in Politics than I do anywhere else. Time to go hang out elsewhere for a while.

So someone decided that they needed to show off what they have accomplished with this game and they chose that? Would have been better to not include the model walking because it is the worst I have ever seen.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #711 on: August 22, 2014, 12:24:03 PM

I love how he's being so careful with the investor's money that he won't even shell out for the full version of Fraps  awesome, for real
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #712 on: August 22, 2014, 12:27:29 PM

I love how he's being so careful with the investor's money that he won't even shell out for the full version of Fraps  awesome, for real
Brad McQuaid should be able to scoop $37 worth of change from his couch cushions.
Failing that, sell the couch.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #713 on: August 22, 2014, 01:17:40 PM

I was reading the comments on the youtube video that Brad McQuaid posted the day before this one... it's basically the same thing... and some guy said this:

If it's all true, that's messed up.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #714 on: August 22, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

Ah with all the great KS projects, at least this one didn't get funded.  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #715 on: August 22, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

Brad will never change.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #716 on: August 22, 2014, 01:31:43 PM

How exactly does one generate religious fervor despite being such an obvious lying douchebag?

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #717 on: August 22, 2014, 01:50:40 PM

Brad will never change.

Pretty much. The rumors from Signe's post aren't even more outrageous than the shit he pulled that was covered on this site for Vanguard.

The man is a con-artist, just not a very good one.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #718 on: August 22, 2014, 02:34:31 PM

How exactly does one generate religious fervor despite being such an obvious lying douchebag?

I want to answer this so bad but my reply might send the thread to politics.  why so serious?
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #719 on: August 22, 2014, 02:37:13 PM

I want to answer this so bad but my reply might send the thread to politics.  why so serious?

Thank Xenu you managed to stop yourself in time.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #720 on: August 22, 2014, 03:20:45 PM

Gamora: Who put sticks up their butts?
WayAbvPar

Reply #721 on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:25 PM

Who doesn't?

I mean, yeah! Who does that?  why so serious?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #722 on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:59 PM

Brad will never change.

Pretty much. The rumors from Signe's post aren't even more outrageous than the shit he pulled that was covered on this site for Vanguard.

The man is a con-artist, just not a very good one.
I didn't even post the good stuff. I should though.

Blackmail is illegal, right?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #723 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:10 PM

Go on, then.  Post the good stuff.  What's the worst that could happen?  Someone comes along and offers you a pile of money to delete the post?  Sounds like a potential payday to me.

schild
Administrator

Reply #724 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

I made a promise to someone that I wouldn't. No, it wasn't Brad. Yes, their current relevance is suspect. Regardless, Brad still has friends, and we share some friends.

I have no clue why Brad has friends. He's a trainwreck on a massive number of levels.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #725 on: August 22, 2014, 07:30:03 PM

The drama from this train wreck is more entertaining than this game will ever be

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #726 on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

Is it though?

Before it was all hookers and blow and affairs and shit.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #727 on: August 22, 2014, 07:42:52 PM

Yeah the train wreck is kind of weak. I just picture Brad sitting in an office by himself with a stained shirt and a wicked hangover.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #728 on: August 22, 2014, 08:46:06 PM

Is it though?

Before it was all hookers and blow and affairs and shit.  why so serious?
He said THIS game, so, yes.  Because this one has zero chance of fun. It won't surpass the drama fun of the last one but that was a different dance with the same tune.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #729 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:05 PM

That video was Dawn level.  Which just reminds me of how fucking long I have been hanging around with you people.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #730 on: August 22, 2014, 11:57:30 PM

I STILL BELIEVE
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #731 on: August 23, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

That video was Dawn level.  Which just reminds me of how fucking long I have been hanging around with you people.

But look how far things have come since then!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #732 on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:58 AM

That shitty text game he came up with was still around last time I looked for it.  I can't remember the name to search for it again though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #733 on: August 23, 2014, 07:44:37 AM

Was he riding a horse in that video? It kinda looked like he was riding a horse. But it was too zoomed in, so all I could see was a bit of the rump and tail.

Love the rumors bit, and the website with the bible MMO developers, the wife and husband with the handlebar mustache. it's like they jumped right out of my mind's eye, the sisyphean ideal of what you would picture such a thing to be. Just too perfect. It's like some higher power crafted this tale specifically for me, to feed my need for schadenfreude. Whoever it was, god or devil, you have my thanks.

In a similar vein, anyone have news on Abashi? Is he selling his sweet ass for black tar somewhere?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #734 on: August 23, 2014, 08:03:01 AM

No, I don't think he was riding a horse.  Was he?  I thought he was just doing his silly walk for the ministry.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: