Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326557 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 12:14:59 PM

The Vision 2.0, now with even more hookers and blow. awesome, for real  Anyone that goes to work for this jackass, knowing full well what happened last time, deserve to have their own parking lot firing streamed for all the world to see.  How badly does someone have to fuck up in the gaming industry before they're never given another chance to shit the bed again? Argh!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 01:05:19 PM

"it's indie"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 01:22:58 PM

Ahahahaha, this owns so hard

delete this thread and someone email Brad and make a forum for his new game when he makes it

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 01:48:30 PM

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 02:44:34 PM

I should also add that if you are a younger player & didn't play EQ or VG, but you want a challenging game & not a game that tries to be all things to all players, then you should feel right at home too

This will turn out well.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 03:39:06 PM

I should also add that if you are a younger player & didn't play EQ or VG, but you want a challenging game & not a game that tries to be all things to all players, then you should feel right at home too

This will turn out well.
So it is The Vision 2.0.  This time I'm sure he'll get it right. awesome, for real
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 03:42:46 PM

I Enjoyed the diplomacy system, but I'm sure he had nothing to do with it.

He did not. I'm friends with the guy who did, he's off at WB now, thankfully far away from this trainwreck.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 07:38:11 PM

The truly shocking thing is that he actually had a paying job at Sony until August. There really is no justice in the universe.

Bob Slydell: Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.

Bob Porter: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Bob Slydell: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

I hope his kickstarter gets funded just for yuks, but even if it doesn't, it should still provide a fair bit of amusement trolling the core-er-than-thou true believers.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #43 on: November 01, 2013, 07:44:15 PM

I still have a working Geocities email. I keep it safe, I love it. I am surprised he doesn't.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 07:47:26 PM

I think it is less that he owns the hotmail account and more that he is using it as his primary contact address. He owns the domain for bradmcquaid.com for f's sake, just use that and forward the e-mail if you love hotmail so much.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:34 PM

This seems appropriate:

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 12:31:10 AM

I'm curious about what happened at SOE.

First McQuaid was brought back to SOE for Vanguard, where he started in July 2012.

Then he moved across in March this year to Everquest.

And now he's out of SOE and making his own MMO.

So two half-year stints at two SOE titles - before which I believe he was trying to get investors interested in his own MMO company, which I guess didn't work out - and he's now out to crowdsource funds.

I'm curious if he jumped or if he was pushed. Or if he looked at Star Citizen and thought, "I could have some of that."

Regardless, whoever gives money to McQuaid's Kickstarter deserves to lose it.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 07:37:24 AM

Massively reported that he was fired from SOE.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 08:56:05 AM

Nothing juicy there, SOE had a massive layoff in august and he was part of it.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 03:29:58 PM

Long grueling grinds and difficult corpse recovery for everyone!  I'm sure that's what the current MMOG customers want.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 06:21:26 AM

/obligatory

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #51 on: November 03, 2013, 09:37:07 AM

Long grueling grinds and difficult corpse recovery for everyone!  I'm sure that's what the current MMOG customers want.

Every MMO I've played in the last 6 years has had some segment of general chat pining for the EQ days.  Every single one.  While I'll accept that most of these people are like the wankers pining for the 'dreadlord days' of UO - i.e. people who weren't actually there - they'll get a segment to at least do box sales and fund this Kickstarter.   

After that, so long as it's not a buggy piece of shit (it will be) and fully feature complete at launch (it won't be) I can see it hitting that 150-300k again.  The pendulum is swinging the other way now and it's an underserved market for the jobless and teenaged who only have stories from us untrustworthy 30 and 40 year olds.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 03, 2013, 10:21:50 AM

Long grueling grinds and difficult corpse recovery for everyone!  I'm sure that's what the current MMOG customers want.

Every MMO I've played in the last 6 years has had some segment of general chat pining for the EQ days.  Every single one.  While I'll accept that most of these people are like the wankers pining for the 'dreadlord days' of UO - i.e. people who weren't actually there - they'll get a segment to at least do box sales and fund this Kickstarter.  

After that, so long as it's not a buggy piece of shit (it will be) and fully feature complete at launch (it won't be) I can see it hitting that 150-300k again.  The pendulum is swinging the other way now and it's an underserved market for the jobless and teenaged who only have stories from us untrustworthy 30 and 40 year olds.

Everyone who played Everquest has some nostalgia for it but they conveniently forget all the bad stuff.   It will not take long for most people to become annoyed with the slow pace and move on to the next big thing.

But who knows?  Maybe Brad learned from his previous mistakes and will knock this one out of the park?   Rimshot  I'm here all week folks...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:31:35 AM by Brolan »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 03, 2013, 11:00:11 AM

The bad stuff didn't seem like bad stuff when you had no other stuff to compare it to, it just was. 

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

There's still people playing EQ1, which hasn't had many QOL upgrades.  The bad stuff isn't bad to everyone, just folks who want a life outside of a video game.

It also had some stuff that I consider superior to today's spoonfed crap.  Like how I can't just sit down and waste an afternoon drinking and watching football while grinding reputations or doing mindless kills in many games. Everything has to have a directed goal with that's metered out to prolong your play, even in free games.  Well, especially in free games since there's always the "pay to get past this quicker" BS.  All of it with fast combat so you can't divert your focus elsewhere for even a few seconds.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 11:43:51 AM

The people pining for those days are either completely fine with EQ1, or pining for the lifestyle they had in those days that supported 5 hour a day sessions. It was fine when there was nothing else because that was the size of the relatively niche of super-dedicated hardcore MMO PC-specific gamer.

A lot has changed since WoW, including the lives the former EQ jocks now have.

There'll always be a potential market for a hardcore/old school MMO. Unfortunately this isn't because there's a sizable amount of people to serve a properly produced game and well-managed service. It's instead because each attempt has ended up like this one will.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:22 PM

I'm going to guess that he's not hoping to raise around $70m or so on Kickstarter, so I imagine this is going to be another of those bullshit, 'we want to raise $2m so that we can interest actual investors in funding the rest of the game.'

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

I can't decide whether to wait until the Kickstarter is up for contacting them and telling them his track record or doing it preempatively.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 06:14:46 PM

I can't believe that he's going to get enough useful questions to form a proper 2+ minute intro video. Unless he uses sockpuppets to "send" him the questions.
Also, who's going to "interview" him?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 10:26:00 PM

Every MMO I've played in the last 6 years has had some segment of general chat pining for the EQ days.  Every single one.  While I'll accept that most of these people are like the wankers pining for the 'dreadlord days' of UO - i.e. people who weren't actually there - they'll get a segment to at least do box sales and fund this Kickstarter.   

After that, so long as it's not a buggy piece of shit (it will be) and fully feature complete at launch (it won't be) I can see it hitting that 150-300k again.  The pendulum is swinging the other way now and it's an underserved market for the jobless and teenaged who only have stories from us untrustworthy 30 and 40 year olds.

When I happen to be subbed to WoW, every so often there's inveriably a bunch of general chat about how good the old days of TBC were, and how WoW is now dumbed-down "EZmode". It's at that point when I bring out the EQ "nostalgia" but I use it to reference my general point of "shut the fuck up, dickheads - you wouldn't know a hardcore game if it fucked you in the arse"...  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

I can't believe that he's going to get enough useful questions to form a proper 2+ minute intro video. Unless he uses sockpuppets to "send" him the questions.

Abashi? Absor?  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 10:29:51 PM

Maybe Furor or Tigole?  why so serious?

ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 11:23:23 PM

Serek Dmart?

e: haha I hope that's an automatic word filter
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:13:18 AM by ashrik »
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 03, 2013, 11:57:07 PM

Curt Schilling's bloody sock(puppet)?  why so serious?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:58 AM

Curt has a job on ESPN, I saw him.  Of course, baseball is over now.

Also:

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 10:34:57 PM

I want this to be funded just so I can watch. I'm going cloyingly anthropological on this.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 05, 2013, 12:54:51 AM

It would be sort of fascinating to see what it is he believes he can bring to the Genre. The only success he had was largely accidental.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 05, 2013, 06:16:08 AM

So what's Brad Wardell up to?
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 11:21:02 AM

Lying low while less controversial employees work on Galactic Civilizations III.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 07:55:45 PM

I love that this isn't a 20 page thread that will probably page 2 and therefore die in a week. Between this and there being no Shroud thread (on purpose), I feel like some of the more ridiculous milestones in the past are finally behind us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: