Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Walking Dead Season 2: tall tale games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Season 2: tall tale games  (Read 3779 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: October 31, 2013, 11:31:59 AM

Just noticed they were putting out a sequel. Not sure how I feel about this. The first one told a really good story. And Clem on her own sound like a tragedy waiting to happen.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:14:44 PM

Well I don't think she'll be on her own with the way it ended.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:23:36 PM

Can't wait for this considering how much I liked the first game/season. 400 days was good too but absolutely too short and it ended when I thought it was just beginning.

I think this is too cool to be true, but the way they pitch it sounds like you are gonna "be" Clementine this time around. As long as they don't twist her into some sort of Kickass gun-weilding stereotypical badass girl, there's room for lots of interesting tragic decisions.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

Clem will remember this.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 03:37:24 PM

I will wait until all episodes out.

After playing through the first game I can't imagine it having nearly the same effect playing each 2.5 hour game session and then having to wait for a month+ to play the next 2.5 hour game session (and still remember the choices I made and the impact of them).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 04:07:22 PM

Oh, absolutely. Same here. I see no point whatsoever in playing them as they come out. In fact, it's a formula I detest.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 07:18:47 AM

I'm late to the party and just finished Season 1 yesterday with months between each episode. I actually couldn't play the thing straight through, I just got wrapped up too much emotionally and needed a break.

I was a little concerned about whether they could capture the same intensity without the Lee/Clem dynamic, but I've done two of the 400 Days scenarios and they grabbed me just as strongly. I agree though, every one ended just when I felt like it would be more interesting.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 03:46:45 PM

i played the episodes as they came out and didn't mind at all - the previous episode refresher got me back on track (although i remembered most of what happened).  There was a palpable sense of tension building between episodes, whereas you 'late to the party' people didn't have to sit there theorising what would happen next.

That said, i might play season2 in one hit sometime late 2014 so i can experience it your way. 

Anyone in here played ep1 of wolf among us?  I'd be tempted to purchase solely on the strength of walking dead s1.

*Should be working*
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

I really enjoyed Ep. 1 of Wolf Among Us, but I used to read Fables so I'm a bit biased. 
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 06:43:57 PM

I'm late to the party and just finished Season 1 yesterday with months between each episode. I actually couldn't play the thing straight through, I just got wrapped up too much emotionally and needed a break.

The first scene of Ep 2 did that to me.  When I'm walking through the woods with the axe and Kenny, and we meet that guy whos leg is caught in the bear trap.  And when you realise there is only one way he's getting out, and you're carrying an axe...

That was when I said 'Fuck it, the games only 2 minutes old' and I had to leave it for a week or two before I could go back.

Great stuff.

I dunno about Clem.  The good thing about Lee was that {big ass spoiler}

but they wouldn't do that to a little girl, would they?  Would they?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 01:48:34 AM

I agree that it sucks to know you won't "die", if you happen to just play as Clem. Sure, kids can die now in games (look at The Last of Us, feh...) but they are not gonna kill Clem, no way. I hope this won't take too much away from the atmosphere. I also think they will probably make us control multiple characters, as in 400 Days.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 04:42:18 AM

For anyone who missed it, this release on Monday.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:07 AM

I still need to play 400 Days.  Will probably grab that and the new season on the next Steam sale.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 05:02:25 AM

Only the first of five episodes  has been released, which is  still terrible for me. For a second I hoped they changed their mind and released the whole thing in one package, but no not yet.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 06:57:44 PM

So, I finally started this. Spoilers about Episode 1 (took me 107 minutes to complete it):

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:23 PM

The next few episodes I found we're kinda boring (but that might be because I was playing them as they came out) but keep going for episode 5  Heartbreak
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 02:14:50 PM

Finished Episode 2 (I want to limit myself to one episode per week) ; so far I'm enjoying Season 2 more than S1 (or, at least, the first two episodes of S2 are better than those of S1), although I'm finding that the former has more "Dragon's Lair" moments :D

Can't wait for next week  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

... And episode 3 is down! Getting better and better  DRILLING AND MANLINESS . So better than S1, although

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 10:29:20 PM

interesting - i thought s2 was worse than s1, just generally i felt the decisions were tired and forced, the setups were all "oh look, X is going to happen".  Then generally it happened, or near enough.

the last ep in s2 was good though, the best of the season.

*Should be working*
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 20, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

Get to episode 5, get theeeerrrreeee!
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 10:03:15 AM

interesting - i thought s2 was worse than s1, just generally i felt the decisions were tired and forced, the setups were all "oh look, X is going to happen".  Then generally it happened, or near enough.

the last ep in s2 was good though, the best of the season.

Yes, I understand what you're saying: after all, the strongest point of the game is the interactive choices & dialogues, but given the nature of the gameplay you can only go so far with the variation on the theme, so to speak. Beside the Lee-Clementine interactions of S1, which were great, it's probably  just a matter of the whole S2 dynamics and story gripping me more.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 04:53:29 PM

...And Episode 4 is over ; whoa, I think I messed up badly at the end of it  ACK! ACK!

One thing that didn't feel right with this episode was when you were with a certain character, trying to reach two other ones, and she sorta direct you toward stuff and teach you around (beside one neat trick to put down zombies quicker). Felt totally like a tutorial and put me quite off. CLEMENTINE DOESN'T APPROVE (just a pic):

Oh well, Season finale in 7 days  awesome, for real

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 05:42:57 PM

Clem and Janes dynamic is great, one of the few characters I actually liked in season 2.

Last episode spoiler:

Also, fucking Arvo man, fuck that guy.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

Season two is over  Cry

9.5/10 Season 3 can't arrive soon enough  Shaking fist

Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 04:16:29 AM

Season two is over  Cry

9.5/10 Season 3 can't arrive soon enough  Shaking fist

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

Wow, Clem is just perpetually surrounded by idiots and assholes this season.

That must be why I identify with her so strongly.

awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Walking Dead Season 2: tall tale games  
Jump to: