Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:49:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Mexico 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mexico  (Read 10042 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

Is he dead?   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

Is he dead?   ACK!

The train didn't like me posting on it. I fixed the other post.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 05, 2016, 07:00:26 AM

Its election day in Mexico.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/05/world/americas/firebombs-and-accusations-fly-in-ruthless-election-campaigns-in-mexico.html?_r=0

Firebombs and Accusations Fly in ‘Ruthless’ Election Campaigns in Mexico ...

It is election time in Mexico again, with voters going to the polls on Sunday for municipal and regional elections, including the governorships in 12 of Mexico’s 32 states.

While some might quibble with Ms. Luna’s technique, few would argue against her appeal to clean up Mexico’s electoral politics. Mexican political campaigns have never been for the faint of heart, and this year has been no different, with rough-and-tumble contests that have made a certain presidential contest north of the border look almost quaint in comparison.

The official campaign period in Mexico, which by law lasted only two months and ended on Wednesday, was marked by “a dirty war,” to use the favored term of the Mexican news media and political class. Candidates all over the country have hurled accusations of corruption at one another, including charges of graft and financing by drug traffickers. In the governor’s race in Veracruz, one candidate even accused his main competitor of being a pedophile.

Some contests also featured violence and intimidation, including the firebombing of a party leader’s office in Veracruz. Dozens of local and regional candidates withdrew from races, reportedly because of threats from drug traffickers.

*edit* oops thought this was in politics. My bad.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Mexico  
Jump to: