Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:22:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: WHOA THEY'RE DOING IT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHOA THEY'RE DOING IT  (Read 23996 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: September 19, 2013, 01:17:42 PM

Why does it always take Blizzard 2 years to fix glaringly stupid decisions?
Because it takes Blizzard two years to do anything?  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 20, 2013, 07:30:11 AM

All the D3 talk actually got me to reinstall it last night and play around for the first time in a while.  I remember when I last put it down I couldn't get past the start of Act 3 in Inferno, the first set of monsters would kill me.  Now I come back and with the same gear and skills I walked through to killing Diablo without breaking a sweat.

So now I have no reason to even keep playing though unless I just start rolling alts.  I can kill the end boss on Inferno with almost no fear of dying pretty quickly so loot barley matters to me so time to just uninstall again?  Unless I went back to playing Hardcore I guess, but tend to get put off from that every time I get server lag or leashing that almost kills me. swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 20, 2013, 07:45:29 AM

Um, they  added in a monster power scaling system. It is set at 0 by default by goes up to 10 and is incredibly tough at those levels. You get far more loot and experience at the higher levels.

In addition, they added in post-Diablo contact where you can fight two of the major bosses at once, boosted, to farm ingredients for a unique ring with a massive bonus to experience gain on it.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 20, 2013, 07:48:04 AM

Um, they  added in a monster power scaling system. It is set at 0 by default by goes up to 10 and is incredibly tough at those levels. You get far more loot and experience at the higher levels.

In addition, they added in post-Diablo contact where you can fight two of the major bosses at once, boosted, to farm ingredients for a unique ring with a massive bonus to experience gain on it.

Ah, glad I posted then.  Had no idea since I quit following the game at all, just blindly installed it and continued normal progression.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:50:03 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #74 on: September 20, 2013, 08:09:47 AM

I think they added some sort of alternate advancement once you hit level cap as well.

Maybe I'll install it again and see if I can get through inferno too.

Edit: Oh wait what ever happened with that bullshit death penalty crap they added where it cost a fortune and they put timers on bosses and such.  Did they ever add gold back to barrels?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:02 AM

-Gold costs for death and repairs are not what they once were when people were going bankrupt and whatever the indestructible item affix was actually useful.

-Alt advancement is what the paragon system is. Hit max level and all xp after that goes towards this, which boosts your magic/gold find and maybe some stats right now (I can't remember, mf/gf were the important ones). This is changing with paragon 2.0 where you will be able to allocate points (1 point per paragon level which will have no level cap) into stats of various types. Current cap is paragon 100. If you have 1x p50 and 1x p100 character when paragon 2.0 goes live, you'll have an account with the equivalent of all the combined xp or levels (that is still being worked) as your paragon levels will be converted to the new system.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: WHOA THEY'RE DOING IT  
Jump to: