Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef Junior 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MasterChef Junior  (Read 5542 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:00 PM

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/masterchef-junior/556342

Ladies and gentlemen, Gordon Ramsey yelling at 8 year olds.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:26:36 PM

Joe Bastianich is the real bastard on Masterchef.  Ramsay just seems to play kind of like the "disappointed father" role.

I remember someone saying that the Michelin Star Ramsay comes out on Hell's Kitchen and the everyday Ramsay is on Masterchef.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:56 PM

Joe Bastianich is the real bastard on Masterchef.  Ramsay just seems to play kind of like the "disappointed father" role.

I remember someone saying that the Michelin Star Ramsay comes out on Hell's Kitchen and the everyday Ramsay is on Masterchef.

That's accurate.  Still, when they do certain competitions on MC between the players, Gordon gets a little heated himself as he's trying to 'encourage' people to cook better. 

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

Misread as MasterChief Junior.  As you were.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:33:51 PM

I actually really enjoy watching MasterChef with my wife, but we had completely opposite reactions to this.

Her - "Mini chefs! Awsome!"

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

I think people might have the wrong impression. I doubt Ramsey will yell at any children in this. The dude has a gigantic soft spot for kids. Kids that love to cook are going to melt him into putty.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:07 AM

Have any UK people seen a US masterchef on any UK channel?

Proper John and Greg master chef is great, but the majority of international knockoffs suck monkey balls - vaguely interested in seeing Gordon Ramsay's take on riding this format into the ground.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:58:18 AM

Have any UK people seen a US masterchef on any UK channel?

Proper John and Greg master chef is great, but the majority of international knockoffs suck monkey balls - vaguely interested in seeing Gordon Ramsay's take on riding this format into the ground.

As previously discussed, MC Australia is fantastic as is UK.  The New Zealand one was SO FUCKING BAD IT MADE MY SCALP BLEED and the wife (MC Addict) didn't like it either.  The US one hasn't floated over here yet, since SHE'D KNOW.

You should watch Australia, since they have normal and kiddy.  Both are really good.  Also, Australia has some real hotties in it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 05:30:54 AM

I think people might have the wrong impression. I doubt Ramsey will yell at any children in this. The dude has a gigantic soft spot for kids. Kids that love to cook are going to melt him into putty.

Yeah, he's going to be the softball judge.

Calling Joe a bastard isn't an accurate description of him and his withering methodology.  The man doesn't yell, or scream, or get angry like Ramsay does on Hell's Kitchen.  He makes simple statements that strike the contestants inadequacies, weaknesses and self-doubts with such laser-like precision that all you can do is feel bad for the poor target while agreeing.  The mark of a true son of a bitch.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:50 AM

"Brought to you by Wal-Mart's prime A cut beef! Aged for 28 days - only the finest cuts of meat make it to Wal-Mart!"

Ok, now continue your discussion.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 06:52:32 AM

It's not prime, it's choice. What I always notice is that its the best of choice, well, choice is a single category. There's no best. It's choice.

(I think I watch too much food oriented tv)

BBC America runs Master Chef Professional UK and it's very good. Probably the best series out there. Less drama, more cooking.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:13 AM

And more Michel and Monica.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:15 AM

I think she's able to disarm competitors more with just her eyes than all of Ramsay's yelling in the US versions of shows.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:13 AM

"Brought to you by Wal-Mart's prime A cut beef! Aged for 28 days - only the finest cuts of meat make it to Wal-Mart!"

Ok, now continue your discussion.

Yeah, that's driving me up a wall.  I've bitched every time this has happened this season.  My wife mutes it now if we watch together.  "Oh, look, ANOTHER Wal*Mart commercial in the middle of the show.  I bet we'll get breathless accolades about the quality of the produce/ meat from one of the chefs in a minute!"

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 10:37:10 AM

WalMart steaks cost as much as my local butcher's so it must be good right?!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:52 AM

I think she's able to disarm competitors more with just her eyes than all of Ramsay's yelling in the US versions of shows.

Because she's a scary, scary, scary fucking woman.  I love her.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 11:43:08 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 11:53:47 AM

Wut ?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 11:59:42 AM

I tried, but I keep reading the title as MasterChief Junior.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 12:34:39 PM

Oh.  God, I've gotten slow.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 02:59:21 AM

Maybe it's a regional thing, but here in SW FL, you don't buy meat from Wal-Mart.  No matter the cut, the age, whatever, it's always stinky, discolored, or both.  It's hard not to try and throw-up whenever they promo the Wal Mart meat thing.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Maybe it's a regional thing, but here in SW FL, you don't buy meat from Wal-Mart.  No matter the cut, the age, whatever, it's always stinky, discolored, or both.  It's hard not to try and throw-up whenever they promo the Wal Mart meat thing.

It's fucking Wal-Mart - it's not even a grocery store. Why would you buy steaks or anything else there?

Then again, when I lived in Cambridge there was a grocery store in Central Square where literally half the food products were open. Like, you walk by a shelf of glass soda six packs and in every single one at least one bottle is missing a cap. Then you go look at milk and a plastic jug of milk has no cap either.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't buy your groceries from the grocery store 3 blocks down in Central Square. Or from Wal-Mart.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 02:39:08 PM

It's fucking Wal-Mart - it's not even a grocery store. Why would you buy steaks or anything else there?

Wal-mart has better overall options than the dedicated grocery stores in my area. 
Lemming
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 09:54:54 PM

Wal-mart has better overall options than the dedicated grocery stores in my area. 
You must have a pretty swanky Wal-mart in your area. I wouldn't call the food and overall options at my local DFW Wal-mart bad, but it's definitely nothing to brag about. You just can't beat the price, especially since I'm almost always broke.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 01:53:45 AM

Yeah walmart isn't high class food but it's on par with any grocery.  What's the alternative, whole foods and spend several hundred dollars for a weeks worth of meals?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 04:39:17 PM

Not as annoying as I'd feared.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 28, 2013, 04:42:21 PM

I was actually surprised at the cooking skills of some of the kids. 
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 28, 2013, 04:54:23 PM

Yeah walmart isn't high class food but it's on par with any grocery.  What's the alternative, whole foods and spend several hundred dollars for a weeks worth of meals?

It probably depends a lot on where you live.  I live about a mile down the road from a place that sells fresh everything and my wife and I go in there and come with with a giant bag of fresh food that'll last us 1/2 a week for like 25 bucks.  But we live in the midwest, and a lot of it is local.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 07:09:36 AM

Not as annoying as I'd feared.

My daughter cried at the end she felt so bad for the little blonde boy in the last group.  Which is understandable, quite a few of them were fucking adorable.

But shit, these kids can outcook even some of the adults on the actual MasterChef.  Those Macaroons!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 12:08:43 PM

I hated that kid and laughed when he got booted off. There's something about that mugging to the camera that's incredibly annoying and left me sure he was an ungodly brat.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: MasterChef Junior  
Jump to: