Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  (Read 366987 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: August 17, 2013, 07:09:09 AM

Good post. Why can't they just copy the very excellent idea for leagues in PoE and they could just have a NO-AH league in both hard and softcore, if they take off great, do them every X months if not who cares that's gotta be easier than trying to fix the entire game over and over surely?

People have been begging for ladders from the beginning to begin with. A no-AH ladder would be enormously popular. I'd like to see it personally, even as someone who doesn't mind the AH.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 17, 2013, 01:37:25 PM

It's fun watching you theory crafters trying to unscramble eggs.

Waste of fucking time.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 19, 2013, 09:18:47 AM

As for future updates and what not, this article (which is some chat transcription) shows that Travis and Wyatt are a lot closer to understanding a good number of the issues. Weapons are too powerful and need to meet far too many criteria to even be worth considering, various stat issues, strength quivers are dumb, many skills need overhaul and why they need overhaul, self found, ladders, white items and how to make them actually worth being looked at or if they should be able to be hidden/not dropped, less AH reliance, resists, open world mode, the sadness that the list is this long and not even complete, etc.

Though, one thing I'm not fond of is "rarity equals power." Yes, the ideas being talked about would incredibly minimize that issue but I don't think it should be a guaranteed switch from blue to yellow and yellow to orange. There should be some question of "is this really an increase" instead of knowing it will generally be a 20% increase. I'd gladly take that with fixes in damn near everything else though.

That article is stupid.

This should be a general ability of a WD item.  Nope, you have to get to the end game before you do something other than battle axe spell crits.

While that Voodoo Mask misses the problem with stats entirely (and was later said to be a crap example), that's not an end game only thing. Keep in mind that the loot changes will include a change where any legendary can drop at any level. So improved pet damage at lower levels, or a second hydra for wizzards, or perma call of the ancients, etc would be good things legendaries are not the solution to everything.

edit: I still think it will be a bit shitty, but I will say that D3 at least has a chance of being not-as-shitty

For what it's worth, I've never seen any fan offer anything constructive while discussing the item system. 
This post on diablofans.com was also featured on the D3 Community page, and is filled with ideas based on what has been stated already for loot 2.0. Fully constructive ideas that add hooks for players to keep them coming back. There are others, but they're drowned in the shit that are community forums.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:34:38 AM by Segoris »
WayAbvPar

Reply #73 on: August 19, 2013, 02:28:49 PM

This post on diablofans.com was also featured on the D3 Community page, and is filled with ideas based on what has been stated already for loot 2.0. Fully constructive ideas that add hooks for players to keep them coming back. There are others, but they're drowned in the shit that are community forums.

Give that guy a job.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 19, 2013, 03:41:50 PM

Yeah, most of that was pretty solid.

You're still unscrambling eggs with the AH though.  Soz.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 19, 2013, 06:45:05 PM

Yeah, I would feel better if that guy was hired to help fix D3. I think that makes the current shittery all the more sad - the fact that Bliz is AWARE of, and publicizing, these ideas (that exact link is on Bliz's D3 site) and doing fuckall for implementing them.

The unscrambling eggs with the AH bit is still true, but at least they're giving us a damn fork to try that daunting task with now by with some of the proposed changes
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 21, 2013, 05:02:36 AM

And here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cb7QJwQ58T0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zGp5dkJdi0w

Here's what's new:
New Class: The Crusader (BECAUSE RENAMING THINGS FROM WHAT THEY WERE IN D2 MAKES THEM NEW AGAIN, RIGHT?!)
New Feature: Loot Runs
Loot 2.0
The Mystic
New Level Cap - 70
New Act
Major Paragon Changes
New Monsters

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1975-d3s-expansion-reaper-of-souls-was-just-confirmed/

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 21, 2013, 05:30:00 AM

Lame.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #78 on: August 21, 2013, 05:45:44 AM

wrath of the death king!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #79 on: August 21, 2013, 05:49:48 AM

I thought Cain was the last of the Horadrim? I dunno if I'd restore their order considering how bad they seem to be at containing the prime evils.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 21, 2013, 05:52:26 AM

Seems to address the things people have problems with.  The main feature I don't see is ladders, which is a shame.

EDIT: As expected by most here, the feature changes will be available to everyone regardless of whether or not they buy the expansion.  So I was wrong about loot 2.0 being an expansion thing.

“Changes to the game systems will come in a patch preceeding the release of the expansion – they will be available to all players, including the ones that don’t have the expansion (of course for free).”
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:58:52 AM by Malakili »
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: August 21, 2013, 06:29:47 AM

[snip]So I was wrong about loot 2.0 being an expansion thing.

Props to you.  Tedious having conversations with people who are never wrong.

I still like the game, but play it only occasionally due to the loot and no random dungeons.  Both of those being address (being optimistic here) means I'll buy this.  Kind of excited to be able to play an area and not have to be tortured with the story.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 21, 2013, 06:36:12 AM

So what are we paying for then ?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: August 21, 2013, 06:40:04 AM

So what are we paying for then ?

Presumably Act 5, the new Paladin class, and the level cap raise (and the new skills/runes that come with it).
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 21, 2013, 06:49:18 AM

Good.  I can skip all that shit.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 21, 2013, 07:43:12 AM

Lots of good changes, but I still want them to show more on loot 2.0 reducing the reliance on a weapon dps, main stat, and the trifecta. Besides that

-Old Blizzard I'd trust to get a shield character right, this Blizzard I don't. I'm kind of expecting them to give him a bunch of tank abilities to go along with that "toughness" stat in a game where only DPS matters after hitting a minimum EHP
-Loot runs are basically D3's answer to TL2's Synergies mod
-Item drop rate adjustments look good, it's a huge increase on legendary drop chance [edit: lots of items are bind on account, and many will be "smart drops" meaning they will have stats rolled more for the character that the item dropped for]
-I hope the legendaries are more inspired than the Jawbreaker though. Serpents Sparker looks neat, while the Puzzle Ring almost looks like somemthing you'd need to never unequip at this point so I want to see more.
-Level cap change is a good thing for helping a broken economy become not broken for a couple of days until it is fucked again. Without a gold sink or way to remove items from the economy then the economy will not get unfucked
-The Mystic was expected, and helps makes those items which are shit because of one bad stat roll maybe not be shit. Though it still doesn't fix the fact that weapons are what matter the most
-Paragon changes are good, I like it. Similar to BL2 badass points, but hopefully they change how they're earned so it's not just X amount of xp but rather kill X monsters, loot so many types of items, complete this act so many times, X number of critical kills, etc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:56:31 AM by Segoris »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #86 on: August 21, 2013, 08:01:53 AM

lol random dungeons lol

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: August 21, 2013, 08:32:05 AM

Whether the expansion is any good depends on whether "Loot 2.0" is actually the large loot overhaul this game needs.

Unless they've revamped stats, it's probably not, which means the game is still going to be garbage. They could have said any of their loot-adjusting patches so far were "loot 2.0" and it still would have just been nothing more than a misleading buzzword. Place your bets.

Edit: It sounds like Loot 2.0 is just modified drop rates and "game changing" legendaries, so the awful stat system is still intact.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:02:29 AM by Rokal »
schild
Administrator

Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 08:34:49 AM

So the loot changes are like a year away? Im pretty OK at math and my Far Side desk calendar tells me thats between "too late to care Tuesday" and Hex's release date.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 21, 2013, 09:32:30 AM

Reapers? Didn't we dismiss those claims?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 09:45:11 AM

So the loot changes are like a year away? Im pretty OK at math and my Far Side desk calendar tells me thats between "too late to care Tuesday" and Hex's release date.

Every  now and again you get a big laugh out of me.  Well done.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #91 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:45 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: August 21, 2013, 12:17:27 PM

They've been continually promising that a loot fix is just around the corner since about two weeks after release.

Also weapon DPS being super important is super dumb. "DPS" isn't even a real thing, it's just the numerical result of a formula and thematically it makes no sense for it to effect anything.

If weapon damage adds to skills that may make sense. If that's bad because then slow high damage weapons are better than fast low-damage weapons then you need to make low-damage weapons better in some other way, or make some skills also scale with agility, which in turn is modified by weapon speed, or something like that. The idea that a skill scales with your average damage over time is crazy. DPS is just a UI thing derived from the real stats to quickly approximate how good a weapon is.

Thinking in terms of DPS also encourages the designers to not really think about high damage slow weapons vs fast, low damage weapons, as they become functionally identical.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 12:27:09 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 01:29:30 PM

They've never said it was 'just around the corner' and we've known for I think months at this point that it wasn't going to be until December this year at the earliest.

EDIT: Also regarding this expansion: they teased the missing archangel throughout Act IV so that doesn't come as any kind of a surprise. Also note the YouTube description says "Diablo III's first expansion set" which means probably more down the road.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:32:17 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:11 PM

reaper of butts hurr

Are they keeping the Auction House still?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #95 on: August 21, 2013, 01:45:38 PM

reaper of butts hurr

Are they keeping the Auction House still?

Of course.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: August 21, 2013, 01:49:58 PM

Yeah, they've never promised loot fix was right around the corner. I don't even remember them acknowledging it that early as they still had their heads in the sand at that point.

As for clues that there will be more expansions - I figured the RMAH was a big enough clue at that already why so serious?

Megrim - yes, the AH is staying. However, they are actually trying to reduce the reliance on it by improving the drop rates for legendaries, the quality of the good items that actually do drop, and having "smart drops" that will roll stats more for your character that finds the items all available without buying the xpac. The xpac will offer the Mystic NPC which will 'reroll' one of the affixes (and assumedly bind a rerolled item to your account).

Still misses the issue that weapon dps is too valuable, stat allocation is needed (though paragon 2.0 helps this a bit), but it does help diminish the need to use the AH and goes in the right direction.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: August 21, 2013, 02:23:50 PM

It's annoying because that cinematic does seem very cool. But then Blizzard always did style better than pretty much anyone else, and they used to do substance too...

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: August 21, 2013, 03:06:03 PM

"I'd better take this soulstone from Heaven where it's protected by an army of angels and drop it off in an old temple where it'll be safe."  awesome, for real

Hey, at least no one's being corrupted. 

Boring cinematic.  My give-a-shit levels remain dangerously low.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #99 on: August 21, 2013, 03:34:18 PM

Pretty sure this game is a long ways from playing until they create leagues/ladders/races that are No-AH. If they expect $30-60 for a 1-character expansion I hope Blizz continues to fail and fail and fail.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 03:46:36 PM

this becomes comic 2
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 04:04:47 PM

Hah, so if the AH is still in, and between D3 and SC2 sucking, I'm pretty sure I'm now done with Blizzard.

It was a fun ride.

o7

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 04:07:49 PM

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 04:12:31 PM

Heart

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 04:28:41 PM

Apparently for some bosses the first time you kill them (per difficulty?) they drop a guaranteed legendary.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  
Jump to: