Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So reactivated my account  (Read 86309 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 18, 2014, 06:14:07 PM

This would be a good place for that discussion right enough. I enjoyed Kugu, but I haven't looked at it at all in well over a year.

Hic sunt dracones.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 18, 2014, 07:33:36 PM

My impression is that drones rock, but the drone UI sucks.  All other weapons (including missiles) have the niceties of weapon groups and activating your weapon via a single key push (F1).  Drones = lots of right-clicking in a tiny window.

You know that you can set hot-keys to your drones right?

Put your drones into a folder - to launch them, drag the folder into space. Go to keyboard bindings. I use F1 to attack, F2 to return to drone bay, F3 to return and orbit and F4 and F5 to change their stance from passive or aggressive.

It's not perfect but it works.

Edit: I use 1-6 to activate my weapons modules so drones ar on the F keys.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

Kugutsumen was more fun than playing the game... what happened?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 18, 2014, 11:41:29 PM

The man himself wants to make it a place to talk about the next Bitcoin replacment, I think.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #144 on: July 21, 2014, 05:39:04 AM

Now is your chance F13.net! Get them here, and be THE place to come to for out of game discussions for a game dooming itself to irrelevance!

I think there's about three of them who aren't already in Goonswarm that I'd want posting here.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:52 PM

Allright, patching up -- have not played since Walking in Stations was new.

So, what do I need to get a jump clone out to 0.0? And what's new and worth playing with in high-sec?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: September 13, 2014, 04:35:32 PM

I'm dicking around with probing in high-sec and find a wormhole. A little googling says is a Class 3-W wormhole.

Obviously it goes somewhere, it doesn't last forever (this one has less than four hours left, one reason I'm not poking my nose inside). What the hell is a 'sleeper'? And how do I tell if it's a soloable wormhole? And how do I make sure I can leave again? :)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #147 on: September 14, 2014, 12:17:37 AM

I want to answer this, but I can't remember shit about wormholes except that you can tell what class they are from their info page and sleepers are a bitch to fight.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 14, 2014, 07:17:34 AM

Um, old info here, but:

On the other side of a wormhole you'll find a solar system; you won't be in immediate danger unless the PVP residents are camping the wormhole exit point (typically this is done cloaked).  As soon as you've entered, bookmark your location so you can exit again, otherwise you will need probes to find the other wormholes that lead out/elsewhere.  Then cloak up asap (covops cloak recommended) and move away to a planet or safespot so you can scan around in peace.  

Directional scanning with a short range from each planet will typically reveal the POS'es that the residents may have at the moons; you can get their corp name from that.  Otherwise, you'll need probes to find the sleeper sites and anomalies if you want to PVE, or to find PVP targets.

EVE-Uni wiki answers some of your questions.

If you're looking at a wormhole, you can get an idea of where it leads by looking up the chart in the wiki above.  Example: C125 leads to a Class 2 W-system.
Otherwise if you're inside and can see the J-number of the system, look it up in staticmapper.com to see its class rating and possible PVP activity.
This Evelopedia article has some info about how difficult it is to fight sleepers.
As far as w-space maps, the solar systems are fixed, but their exits are wormholes so they change constantly, so maps look like this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:43:40 AM by ajax34i »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 14, 2014, 08:19:37 AM

That makes sense. I wasn't looking for combat, I was just playing with the new scan mechanics and hoping to try hacking. I found a nest of serpentis frigates and a wormhole.

And trying to remember things like "Wait, how do I lock targets" and "how do I launch drones" and "What the hell do I have this ship for?"
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: September 14, 2014, 06:10:04 PM

Wormhole space is so full these days that you will likely be stalked and killed unless you have a number of friends with you.  Even then you need to watch d-scan every few seconds for an incoming fleet.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #151 on: September 15, 2014, 07:02:39 AM

Also, sleepers are really tough rats to kill.  I'd avoid.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 15, 2014, 03:22:49 PM

Also, sleepers are really tough rats to kill.  I'd avoid.
Yeah, I scanned a wormhole down in high-sec (class 2 W-space) and risked it, killed a squad of Sleepers. Stupid things actually target my drones! :)

I went back to level 4 missions -- faster with a higher payout. I'm gonna buy a new mobile tractor unit. Those things are great. Just dump it at the start of a mission, bookmark it, and kill. Then end the mission, grab my salvager and fly out. Empty the cargo, scoop them both to the hold, salvage the world, done.

I suppose people could warp in and steal them....

I need to get a jump clone out to nullsec, though. I need to rejoin Bat Country, actually.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #153 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:57 PM

One thing to note is that nullsec rats also target drones now.  It made ratting in a dominix or ishtar a pain towards the end of when I was playing regularly.  Tengus and blaster boats were the vogue ratting ships at that point.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: September 16, 2014, 02:12:36 PM

I'm using a Gila for ratting, rats have a hard time killing the drones.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: September 16, 2014, 07:19:51 PM

One thing to note is that nullsec rats also target drones now.  It made ratting in a dominix or ishtar a pain towards the end of when I was playing regularly.  Tengus and blaster boats were the vogue ratting ships at that point.
Figures. I'm really skilled for drones and armor tanking. I was branching out -- I've flown Covert Ops ships before (one of my few PvP experiences in a fleet), and I've the skills but no experience with interdictors (light and heavy).

My shield skills are decent, but gunnery is limited to hybrid turrets and missiles I just have the base skills. Right now I'm quickly running through the few new armor and drone skills (and Micro warp drive...sounds perfect for my love of standing 100km off and firing sentries. I've got to change my fit a bit, though -- I've got to be within 87km to lock right now).

Are you still limited to one character training at a time?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:52 AM

You can buy a plex and have two chars train per month I think.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 17, 2014, 05:10:59 AM

You can buy a plex and have two chars train per month I think.
Yup.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account  
Jump to: