Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So reactivated my account  (Read 86305 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:31 PM

And no one has swatted your Stratios yet? Have you even been scanned?

We had some nutjob bounce through goonspace this morning advertising an ISK lottery. Was pretty amusing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 09:04:30 AM

No. Industrial ganks headed into hits.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 11:15:14 PM

If you are looking for GF's non-stop you could also look at Red-vs-Blue. The two corps are in a constant state of war since 2009 or something. You take a frig and join a few friends and kill the other corp. It's a little mindless, but constant action.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 15, 2014, 10:42:56 PM

If you are looking for GF's non-stop you could also look at Red-vs-Blue. The two corps are in a constant state of war since 2009 or something. You take a frig and join a few friends and kill the other corp. It's a little mindless, but constant action.

I've just started playing again. Ran my carebear alts through L4s and got a hankering to PvP again. Is Bat Country still around/part of GF or should I try my luck at a GF application even though I'm a rare-poster?

The game looks a lot better now.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 16, 2014, 05:27:03 AM

It always did look at low level in the midst of empire.

Eve online. the game that looks better the more you don't play it :D

Hic sunt dracones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 07:12:08 AM

It always did look at low level in the midst of empire.

Eve online. the game that looks better the more you don't play it :D

I know, right?  Even I'm getting the itch, but then I keep applying my "do you REALLY want to spend 30 minutes chunks of time in just getting from one place to another, jump after jump after jump after jump" itch cream.   why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:14 AM

I've just started playing again. Ran my carebear alts through L4s and got a hankering to PvP again. Is Bat Country still around/part of GF or should I try my luck at a GF application even though I'm a rare-poster?

The game looks a lot better now.

Spend a couple of weeks cranking up your post count. They want SA community members, not people who are willing to pay $10 for a forum account so they can get into GS.

Also- travel times are much quicker now, especially in small ships.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 09:36:01 PM

Cheers Way, will do. I just find that other people post what I want to say so I don't bother :D

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:23 AM

Find a subject your are passionate about and/or knowledgeable about and there is almost always a thread. Sports, TV, movies, games other than EVE, politics, current events...and that is just the few parts of the forum I check.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 18, 2014, 10:02:41 AM

Goddamn it, now I have the itch to reactivate again.

Probably doesn't help that a co-worker at my part-time job plays pretty regularly.  Maybe a RL hookup will keep me better retained  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 10:33:43 AM

Yeah, I'll be honest so do I, but the thought of not having the super account with all the skills trained up and a billion or so in the bank cools my heels.

Hic sunt dracones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 10:55:01 AM

Did Factional Warfare ever become a "thing"?  TBH, null-sec space is too intimidating to me, but FW sounds like something I could handle that would give me a purpose.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:53 PM

Faction Warfare became tier2 frigates farming npc nodes or something. The actual factional warfare stopped working pretty fast because there are 10x as many Space Fascists as there are Space Sluts and they got their asses handed to them.

The Space Slavers vs Space Slaves RP war should probably still be going on though.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:44 AM

Ok, so I basically had one of these moments:

I just suddenly had to play an MMO again.  I thought about the usual suspects, but decided to go back to something I hadn't touched in a long while.  So I reactivated my eve account.  Looks like I haven't logged in since 2010, back when we still controlled Delve in Goonswarm as a member of LOVEU.  Weeee.

What the fuck is going on.  I'm walking around in stations (no more spinning ships while I wait!?), have apparently 1.5 million SP's to apply to something for some reason I have no idea, and umm, there's lots of new shit.  Have they added any new ships worth perusing in the last four years?  Are Ravens still best for running missions?  I seem to be in a station with a Dominix and a Teir 2 Caldari recon ship.    I have no idea what I was doing.  My character is at about 50 Million SP, with tons of gunnary and other weapon skills maxed, and able to fly most Caldari, Gallante, and Minmatar ships.  What exactly is new?  Have they made things (like exploration, which I use to do quite a bit) better?

I guess I'll......grind missions!  Whats best for that now?  

Hmm, I should have thought this out more maybe before resubscribing...

Edit:  Also I have all sorts of sad/hilarious messages in my mailbox for 2010 as everything collapsed corp wise.  Sorry I didn't respond guys!   why so serious?  So much nostalgia in there right now....

Edit2:  Also, i see now that ship spinning is alive and well.  All is good in the universe.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:46:59 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:39 AM

The SP's are because they got rid of Learning skills and just maxed out everyone's training speed.  You can remap your attributes and/or add implants to match whatever skills you're training (int/mem vs. per/wil), but you're otherwise gaining SPs as if you had max learning across the board.

They've also reduced the requirements for a lot of ships and modules, training skills to 5 is often not needed anymore.  They've standardized the skill prerequisites for ships, which is why you're suddenly compatible to fly a million of them, meaning yeah sure you can take the thing out of the hangar, but if you don't train the gunnery prerequisites, it won't be armed, and if you don't train the science/mechanic/engineering you won't be able to actually jump your jump-freighter or go into siege with your dread etc.

They've added the ability to stand and walk in a room, and the game starts with it enabled by default, but you can go back to spinning ships (it loads faster), from the preferences menu.  The plan was for fully fleshed out avatar capabilities, but they decided to make a whole different game out of it (DUST 514), rather than code more than a room, as part of EVE.

They've revamped most of the Tech 1 ships for more performance for those basic hulls.  Tech 2 ships are mostly the same, specialized hulls for specialized tasks.  T3 ships are modular / specialized / expensive.  You can get a lot of killing power from the basic hulls with T2 weapons and modules installed, which makes it nicer for the new characters that haven't had the time to train 60 million SPs to fly the T2 or T3 hulls.

They've tuned some of the weapon systems, but I don't know the details of what exactly.  Missiles are still ok, the various guns are still ok, drones get attacked by the NPCs now, so may be not ok.

They've changed the warp speed of most ships so that the fast small ships (frigates, interceptors) can actually warp AFTER some big target but arrive BEFORE it at the next gate and thus actually intercept it.

They've added wormhole space (2000 star systems) and tied finding the wormholes with the scanning / probing and exploration systems.  There are PVE objectives in there at the "raid" level, and the lack of a list of people in local makes the PVP a lot more reliant on surprise and being probed out (lack of local is only in wormhole space).  People have deployed POSes in there but the logistics is hard, as the entrances and exits to each star system shift somewhat randomly and must be probed out.

They've changed the militia warfare thing in lowsec; they wanted more PVP less grinding vs. NPCs to achieve objectives, and there was a spike of interest but Caldari being the most popular race had way more people than everyone else so they eventually won all areas.

They're now adding solo deployable bunkers and moon goo siphon units, to allow solo people to intrude and harass nullsec alliance space (in theory).
WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

Drones are the new hotness. Train all your drone skills and get into T2 heavies and sentries. In your Domi you can semi-afk rat in the anomalies you should see on your scanner when you leave the station and make decent isk (if you need it). Many fleet doctrines are currently drone-centric as well. Ishtars and Tengus seem to be favorites for running high level rat escalations and/or missions as well.

If you are still in Delve, it is blue to goons still (although we don't actually live there). If you have an active SA account you can probably get into goons right away. If you don't, you will probably get shot.

If you want to fuck off for high sec (or anywhere else), you can petition a GM to move your character and your active ship to any station you ask (as a favor to returning players). Pack as much shit as you can in your biggest ship and sell the rest.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 11:04:49 AM

And if you want to get back into Bat Country, I'll poke someone who's still active about it.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 02:10:15 PM

Hmm, ok.  I already have a lot of my drone skills trained up.  Just need to train to level 4 specializations for the T2 heavies (got most of them at 2 or 3).  Though with my 1.5 million SP to just throw around, looks like I can get that instantly if I want.  Though I'm still torn on what to do with all that, haha.  I could instantly train Capital Ship V right now if I wanted with it, but not sure if I should even bother...

Not in Delve (I've had a SA account since 2004, but I barely ever use it, heh), looks like I did come back and evac or something.  All my shit is (mostly) out.  I just jumped up to where it looks like I left most of my active 0.0 ships, which were a Raven, a Hurricane, and two Hulks.  Up in Liparer (.4 sec) for some reason I have no idea, will probably have to move this shit over to non low-sec for the time being.  Though, ummmm, did they nerf Hulks?  My hull has about 5,000 m3 worth of shit I evaced with me, but I only actually have 350 m3 of capacity.  Wont let me leave the station saying I managed to overload my cargo bay somehow...
And if you want to get back into Bat Country, I'll poke someone who's still active about it.
Hmm, maybe.  I think I'll stay in high sec for a bit to get the hang of things again.  This also could just be a really short phase on my part, and I'll stop playing in another day for to.  I'll go start killing some rats just to see.

Though where the hell are we hanging out these days?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 02:22:12 PM

Goonswarm is based out of Deklein, but just got done, or is in the process of finishing up, conquering Immensea.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:55 PM

Nice.  Maybe I will come join in a bit.  I know before (again, back in 2010) I was skilled up to fly a GoonFleet designated Rokh build.  That still useful, or are there other sorts of ships more in demand right now for fleet action/PvP?

All the guides seem to be saying I should be using T2 Sentry drones for everything.  Like, for missions and PvP it seems.  Is that true?  Any reason to level up to T2 Heavy drones?

-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 07:41:07 PM

Right now the subcap fleets are usually Dominixs with T2 sentries, or Harpys. I think we might be going back to Apocs and Megas when the drone assist nerf hits though.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:51 PM

Hmm, ok.  I think I can fly a fleet Mega as well.  Err, do you mind posting or messaging me what the Goonfleet wiki currently has listed as the best Dominix drone boat fitting/layout?  Goggling gives me hundreds of different forum idiots slap fighting over each others builds, and many of the posts are from years ago.

-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 21, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Started a fresh Gallente.  Good lord, so many improvements to QoL  awesome, for real  I mean, I'm still going through the career agents, but I've already got a basic Atron fitted with the essential tackle gear and the skills to use them, and I'm only on day 4.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 01:59:05 PM

The first week is always the best, where you're training a dozen new skills every day.
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 03:14:05 PM

Did you get one of the packages with the training enhancer or whatever that gives a huge bonus to your traits for the first two weeks? I have been sorely tempted to start yet another account just for one of those. I need a high sec gank alt anyway...

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 21, 2014, 03:24:56 PM

Did you get one of the packages with the training enhancer or whatever that gives a huge bonus to your traits for the first two weeks? I have been sorely tempted to start yet another account just for one of those. I need a high sec gank alt anyway...

I did not.  But I've played off and on since beta, and the removal of the Learning skills and just maxing everyone's speed is  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #61 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:55 PM

http://www.amazon.com/EVE-Online-Starter-Minmatar-Dealer/dp/B00GP177O0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1393025846&sr=8-9&keywords=eve+online

There are 4 or 5 packs. Amazon had them on sale for like $1 around the holidays and I never got around to stockpiling a few.

Prototype Cerebral Accelerator (skill booster)

That is the the goods. Something like +17 to your attributes for 2 weeks or something insane.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 22, 2014, 03:04:38 AM

lol, of course I miss the deal after I throw $15 bucks at them just to reactivate  swamp poop

Ah well.  We press on!

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 11:15:25 AM

Ok, I think I'm ready.  I thought I'd screw around a bit in Hi-sec, but god this sucks.  Did some missions but got boring quick.  When I quite a few years ago, I'd just gotten the ability to fly a freighter (well, back when it took a lot more skills to fly one than it seems now....).  When I first joined eve, I made my initial (puny) fortune by hauling.  Tried freighter hauling as well, and the margins are laughable at this point.  The market has gotten way too efficient, even across massive amounts of space.  Bleh.

So yeah, if you could ping somebody about getting me back into the corp to come help you guys out in 0.0, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks!

-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #64 on: February 27, 2014, 11:19:29 AM

Put in an app and I'll poke an active director.
WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: February 27, 2014, 11:54:49 AM

I decided to add another account. Looked at the Amazon deal, but $20 for 2 weeks of speed learnin' and 30 days of game time isn't as good as 90 days of game time for $24.95 (the Sidekick deal). So I will have a new high sec gank/cyno alt as soon as I can decide on a name and a look for her  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 11:41:27 PM

Application sent.

-Stephen Colbert
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

K, let me know if it hasn't been accepted within a day or so.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 02, 2014, 11:57:37 AM

Well no response as of yet.   awesome, for real

Is there anybody from F13 actually playing in Bat Country still?  Would it be better to have somebody try to sponsor me into goonfleet proper?  heh.

Also, for that matter, is there a good system I should try to move all my shit to before hand so I can more easily get it into what ever section of space we are occupying now?

-Stephen Colbert
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 02, 2014, 11:11:15 PM

I've had fun so far in PvEland but am hankering to get back to PvP. Reactivated my account, got given the CE and made an Amarr pilot with the code in it. Then realised that I only had 8 pilots and really could fit 9 onto 3 accounts. I now have 6 accounts training because I have absolutely no fucking willpower and am a total moran who just wanted a pure Amarr and Gallente to round out the numbers

Fuck EvE, I think I am about to blow more on it than  I have on GW2 and Star Citizen put together.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: So reactivated my account  
Jump to: