Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Google allegedly working on a console 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google allegedly working on a console  (Read 1063 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: June 27, 2013, 05:23:59 PM

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043199/report-google-at-work-on-android-gaming-console.html

I don't subscribe to the WSJ so I can't see the original article. (Also... an Android watch for some reason?)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:30:17 PM

Watch not shocking. not sure why they don't just buy Ouya - the whole company - and make the product better.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:42:19 PM

I am nearly certain if they saw any value in Ouya's technology or employees it would have already happened.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:31:03 PM

iOS and Android extending their battle from the phone into the living room? Makes sense I guess. Could be interesting.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:21 AM

It's weird how a whole console market has popped up around an OS that doesn't have any particularly good games.

Or there's a much larger market for "small box I run emulators on" than I thought.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 06:09:56 AM

It's weird how a whole console market has popped up around an OS that doesn't have any particularly good games.

Or there's a much larger market for "small box I run emulators on" than I thought.

It's not a market until there are consumers, not just producers.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:16:34 AM

The investors look at all the users and assume those can be monetized, look at the device growth rates and imagine those can be sustained... so it's probably good for their share price to do it if nothing else.

And besides, making an android console that can play crazy birds is probably a pretty trivial project from a technical point of view.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Google allegedly working on a console  
Jump to: