Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:35:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: "Mirror's Edge Catalyst" : Faith...no more? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Mirror's Edge Catalyst" : Faith...no more?  (Read 11684 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 07:03:18 PM

Out of all the problems with the first game (and there were many) "this game needs more plot" did not crack the top 10.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:48 PM

My problem with the first was...pacifist...pacifist...pacifist...RAMBO!!!!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 05:57:02 PM

I played through the first one in full on pacifist mode for the achievement.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  It's actually a lot easier than you might think.  Except for the VERY last guy, who has a machine gun and won't budge from his vantage point in the middle of a catwalk, so you have to run at him with no cover.  Fuck that guy.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 05:51:24 AM

You could go pacifist in the first one but there wasn't a lot of elegant methods for doing so in some of the latter parts of the game. IIRC most of the shard is like that.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

I by and large thought it was more enjoyable without guns than with.  Definitely more challenging -- you need to get REALLY good at the melee combat system, and approach fights much more tactically.  Split bad guys up so you don't have to deal with too many at once, lure them into tight spaces so you can do the awesome wallrun kick move that insta-disarms them, use evasive slides to get in close and do a quick takedown, etc.  Very different experience from grabbing a gun and treating it like a standard shooter.  I wish they'd designed the game with more of that in mind, though, since some of the fights were indeed disproportionately harder if you couldn't take guys down at range.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:02 PM

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/

"Reboot" confirmed, renamed to "Mirror's Edge Catalyst" (thanks Obama AMD  why so serious?)

They'll finally show some gameplay at E3

Hello everyone,

Two years ago we revealed that we were making a new Mirror’s Edge™. Last year, we gave you a behind the scenes look into some of the early progress we had made. And though we haven't said much else in all that time, we have been listening. Thank you for your incredible passion and your patience. I'm excited to tell you that it's paid off — by this time next week, you will have finally seen more of the game at E3.

Mirror’s Edge has always had a special place in the hearts of all of us at DICE. The first game had a lot of promise. It was unlike anything else in terms of the gameplay and style — it had a unique soul. But as much as we loved that game, we knew it could be more. So that’s what we have set out to do as we introduce Mirror’s Edge to a new generation.

The team has spent a lot of time re-evaluating every aspect of the game and making it a new experience. This is not a sequel, this is not Mirror's Edge 2. We have landed on a vision that honors the first game — pushing the boundaries of first person movement and diving deeper into the story behind our heroine Faith — but also brings a lot of great new, interesting gameplay and features to the experience for our players.

So on behalf on the entire team here at DICE, we can’t wait to show you what we have been pouring our heart and soul into. We can’t wait to introduce you to Mirror’s Edge™ Catalyst.

Sara Jansson
Senior Producer, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst

"New, interesting gameplay and features" . Right, can't wait   ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 03:12:59 PM

So are they still planning on making it suck?  I don't speak producer.

schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 03:16:02 PM

it had a unique soul

I'm the first to say games need soul, but comeon, Mirror's Edge had the soul that was "half of an FPS."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: "Mirror's Edge Catalyst" : Faith...no more?  
Jump to: