Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2018, 06:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 94299 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: March 09, 2018, 05:57:43 PM

Some of my friends are falling into the subscription mmo trap and choosing this game. Whats so special about this again beside it being a grindy asian mmo?

If bored and want something to read click here -> http://memiorsofatroll.wordpress.com/

Reply #876 on: March 09, 2018, 06:03:37 PM

It's Final Fantasy and has decent graphics?
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: March 09, 2018, 07:20:42 PM

There's nothing fucked or broken about it, which for MMOs is a decent bar to clear. I haven't played it since launch, but if you like FF and MMOs this is that done as well as could be imagined.

Check out my podcast: ADD&D, Attention Deficit Dungeons & Dragons!
"I think it's time for a dose of F13 RED PILL MOTHER FUCKERS" ~cosapi
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: March 10, 2018, 06:11:57 AM

The dungeons are fun too.

Personally I'd rather pay a sub if it means there's no cash shop or at least the cash shop is strictly cosmetic only.
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: March 12, 2018, 09:58:06 AM

Plus there's no need for alts - you can level up all jobs on one character.  I'm not sure if that will help or hurt alt-itis, but I like the idea.

I really like how they do the duty/dungeon roulette as well - it's world-wide, not just server-wide when trying to put a party together.  So you join the queue, wait however long needed for the system to put a party together, then you start.  I did Aurum Vale last night (so 4 person party) with two people from another server and one from Goblin, plus me from Faerie.  It was a nice quick run for my first time there.

My only complaint though is that almost all the quests I have right no involve me going into specific dungeons and so I just pick which quest I feel like doing that night when I log in.

But hey, level 57 now, got semi-decent sets of gear on both my Summoner and Scholar, it's not horribly long wait times for the roulette with either class, and I"m getting closer to opening up Heavensward now, and I"m by no means a hardcore player, either.  Just been getting on in evenings when I feel like it with more extended playing on the weekends occasionally.

Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: March 16, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

Some of my friends are falling into the subscription mmo trap and choosing this game. Whats so special about this again beside it being a grindy asian mmo?

It's not a grindy Asian MMO like RuneScape or FFXI.  Leveling a new character is incredibly fast.  Not only does the MSQ drive you all the way to 70, new players get a buff that doubles EXP gained, every Free Company is running the EXP buff.  There's a bunch of items that boost exp gain as well.  There's also the Armory bonus, which gives you an additional 50% bonus so long as you have one job leveled higher than your current job.  Gear is pretty much straight vertical progression in that each major content patch ups the ilvl and adds new raids.    You just run the various roulette daily and you have one job geared out in a few weeks.  There is grind if you want it, but it's not out of the gate.

Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #881 on: March 20, 2018, 01:32:39 PM

There is a TON of obnoxiously patronizing busy quests along the main story arc that I found so intolerable I had to quit. I am tired of games treating you like an idiot. I'm just too old for that shit. Pity, because the actual story is decent, the art is amazing and many of the systems, from combat to crafting, are as well developed as I've seen them in MMOs.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something.

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

"let go of my dick you mother fucker!"  - Jimbo
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: March 20, 2018, 02:55:01 PM

Guildmate (FC-mate, whatever) suggested I pick up another class/job because I'm just now getting into Heavensward stuff and I'm already level 59, which means I've almost outleveled the HW content.  So I picked up Samurai (since you can get that at 50) and after figuring out how to change jobs finally (just change weapon), I started off with the first SAM quest.  I feel like I was just dropped into the middle of things with no context because I essentially was, but the beginning trial gives you an overview of what the class is like.  It's different enough from SMN/SCH that I was enjoying diving in and out of attacks a lot.  The combat effects are cool.  Now to figure out which attacks combo off each other and I'll be much better off.

I had been planning on getting to 60 and then picking up another job/class, but what he said made sense, especially if HW is supposed to be 50-60 level content.  Still thinking of picking up Archer so I can get Bard down the line, but I'll play with SAM for a while instead.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: