Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - Quarterfinals! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - Quarterfinals!  (Read 14632 times)
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 12:57:47 PM

Watching the replay, it's also due to the fact that RK47 had 12 players on the pitch for the whole of the second half.

This is a thing that people are going to have to keep an eye out for. If this happens then you must move one player (owning coach's choice) back to an endzone corner and not move or act with him at all for the rest of the drive. The bug seems to happen after a drive when you've substituted one of your default starting players off, had a KO and then the KO'd player comes back. I suspect that the game tries to give you your normal starting lineup and then also adds in recovered KOs on top of that without any kind of sanity check.
It might be worth leaving some flexibility and scope to move the player to another corner, should the action end up near the player?

Also, Orca Cola has figured out what causes this, though you have to register to read there so I've quoted it:

First off: It's completely avoidable. It takes active action to get 12 (or more) players on the pitch. We do not like it at all.

Q:How to avoid it?
A:Simple, don't move a player from the end zone on to the pitch.

Q:But what if you really really want to use that player instead of some schmuck on the field?
A:Also solvable. Select the player in the end zone and right click on the one you want to sub out. The other way around does not work.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 03:00:24 PM

Prouft, when would you like to play?  My best days & times (I'm EST USA):
- Sunday evening (6pm+)
- Possible sometime this Monday (Memorial day), but I may have plans I'm currently unaware of, heh
- Tues or Thurs night: 7pm - 10pm
- Friday (31st): 10am - 4pm.
- Sunday (2nd): 11am - 9pm

Many of those times will work - log onto Steam and I will friend/beep at you when I see you.

We're going to have to arrange a specific date & time. Almost every waking minute of my life of scheduled!   Woot!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 03:03:25 PM

Avaia, I'll be around this weekend if you have the time to play (since we have 8 hours time difference it might be hard to schedule the game during the week)

you're going to die.  Make your time (now is good because I have several beers in me already and it's only 17:00, yet I still member I need to close the paranthesis)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 03:18:56 PM

- Sunday evening (6pm+)
- Possible sometime this Monday (Memorial day), but I may have plans I'm currently unaware of, heh

Many of those times will work - log onto Steam and I will friend/beep at you when I see you.

We're going to have to arrange a specific date & time. Almost every waking minute of my life of scheduled!   Woot!

Hmmm, well, how did your Memorial Day schedule work out?   If that doesn't work, then Thursday at 7 pm EST.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 06:23:37 AM

- Sunday evening (6pm+)

Hmmm, well, how did your Memorial Day schedule work out?   If that doesn't work, then Thursday at 7 pm EST.

I'm actually free all memorial day, tomorrow, so I can play almost any time. Lets aim for tomorrow at noon EST?  I'll be working from home but can (easily) be distracted.  Otherwise, Thursday at 7pm it is.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 07:25:20 AM

No rotters died and one actually save the day on turn 16 to put the match into extra time.  Perhaps more later, but now the kids are itching to get on TF2 so I must go

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 07:40:41 AM

well, 2-1 loss for the orcs (with the deciding touchdown on turn 24). I made a couple of stupid mistakes and deserved to lose. The troll was ko'ed on turn 1 and by turn 5 I had used both my apos but luckily the rest of the casulties were just badly hurts.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 05:37:04 PM

proudft's demon beat my pathetic orcs 1-0. Game summary, from my end:

failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, **** PITCH INVASION KNOCKS OVER MOST OF MY TEAM ***, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll, failed roll!
and the dodging demons score! I think he made all but 1 dodge, of ... 8? I failed every dodge, ... of 6?
____ BLOOD BOWL UNINSTALLED! ____
 Rock on!
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 05:43:54 PM

From the other perspective!

Purple Inferno over Blitzburg Brewers, 1-0.   The Brewers had a lot of inducements and got Ripper the Supertroll and a wizard, and something else I forget.  The Inferno received and as the first hit of the game, Dis immediately took out Ripper (though he regenerated).  The Inferno moved up fairly quickly for a couple of turns before getting bogged down, and somewhere in this mess a fireball took down the ballcarrier and knocked over some of his cage.  To escape, there was a handoff to a Herald who swooped out and made for the goal alone.  The orcs were not quite as tied down as predicted, however, and two got next to him, ready to ruin his glory, but he 1D blitzed one, pushed, so frenzied forward, blocked again and took him down, and then scampered in for the first (and only) score.

For the remainder of the half, the Brewers set up aggressively to score quickly, perhaps with some goblin hijinx, but the fans pelted everyone with rocks, taking out half of each team.  Though both teams were equally pounded by this, given the time pressures, it was probably good for the Inferno, especially since Mr. Goblin was one of the stunned.  Then, when Mr. Goblin finally got up, he failed a dodge and KOed himself, and the first half was over.

The second half began, and the Brewers started to form up a cage.  The Strip-Ball bloodletter zipped his way into the backfield to try a cheap and easy blitz, but he was taken out immediately by the blitzers guarding the ball.  So much for that idea.  The Brewers formed up a nice strong cage near midfield, and it was looking pretty likely they would be able to slowly march down the field to at least tie the game and push it into overtime.

Then.... I have no idea what happened.  Dis hit the corner of the cage and then the next turn the entire thing disintegrated.  It was like a truck hitting another, much flimsier, truck.   Orcs and demons and the ball went everywhere and the rest of the game was a swirling mess of chaos.  Dis took out black orc after black orc, demons were being injured left and right, and player after player tried to dive on the ball and failed, though pushing it closer and closer to the endzone.  But every time an orc tried to dodge they tripped, the Blitzer troll started to daydream about whatever trolls daydream about, and the game finally petered out with the ball 2 GFIs away from the endzone for the closest orc blitzer.

Stats:

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 05:49:21 PM

We're only missing the Falconeer v Lightfax match now for the current Failoffs day. Can either of those coaches confirm when it will be played? I'm going to be gone for a while from the 8th June and it would be awesome if we could wrap this whole league up before then.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 28, 2013, 04:56:01 PM

Thanks proudft, a much more thorough and fun-to-read (less whiny) report than mine. Hah
No wonder your Bloodthirster is so experienced. I'm pretty sure he alone injured at least 3 of my Black Orcs and probably some other suckers too. Boy do I hate Claw/MB.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 28, 2013, 05:36:59 PM

Haha, well, it turned out I was typing it up simultaneously... if I hadn't started a-typin' right away I probably would have been lazy and let yours be the only report.  But yeah, Dis the Bloodthirster is now at 21 casualties in 15 games.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

(He is doomed to fail his Break Tackle, trip and kill himself at some point, apothecary reroll to another Dead, and fail regeneration, I am aware of this.)

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 30, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

Any word on the last remaining failoff this round?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 01:48:49 AM

If there's nothing posted then I'll coinflip for the winner and give the winner's opponent a bye in the semifinals.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Playoffs and Failoffs - Quarterfinals!  
Jump to: