Rift F2P

(1/24) > >>

dd0029:
Well this will be interesting.

The EU site gives some of the initial limitations. Most notably fewer bag slots (wtf?) and fewer character slots.

Modern Angel:
Yeah, but if you've ever owned Rift, you get the whole game in a buy to play scheme, it looks like. Which is awesome.

Zetor:
If everyone can access all content (and level to cap), does owning the expansion basically just unlock the 4 SL souls?

Rokal:
Quote from: Zetor on May 14, 2013, 09:14:24 AM

If everyone can access all content (and level to cap), does owning the expansion basically just unlock the 4 SL souls?

Yep

After June 12, all players will have total access to the entire world: every dungeon, every raid, every Warfront, and every level. We won’t be locking our content or advancement behind walls – our goal is to break down every barrier. We want more people playing together and more people having fun together. A new free player has restrictions on their starting inventory, character slots, and you won’t have access to the Storm Legion souls, but you really are getting the whole game for free.

Works for me, my sub expired when I was halfway through the Storm Legion content so F2P means I'll get to finish that someday.

dd0029:
Looks like. And with the way they moved abilities around and re-jiggered things, it's rough to play without the new souls.

Some more information from Joystiq and MMORPG.com interviews. There will be actual gear to buy as well as lockboxes. There will be a Reddit AMA coming later today as well.

The initial currency will apparently be tradeable in game. Cash->REX->Rift Store Currency->Game stuffs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page